T Nation

Anyone Can Get Around...

My schedule? Please I am so stressed =(

I am 20yrs, I weight about 170-175lbs I been lifting on and off, and I didn’t work back then, so I was on a extensive split.

Please if you can take the time to read this short text, and help me out, would be really really appreciated.

Current Split: Taken from the forums.

Monday: Chest & Abdominal
Tuesday: Back & Abs
Wednesday:
Thursday: Shoulder and Traps
Friday: Biceps/Triceps/Forearms
Saturday: OFF
Sunday: Legs

I missed chest and abs, I did back and abs. And My lats and my entire back is beyond beyond beyond sore, and my biceps. Today I did shoulders and trap And every time I did a exercises my lats arms would hurt because it was sore, So i didnt have a good workout, I need someone based on my schedule below, I need something to fit my lifestyle, and another split to change everything as a 2/3 week cycle of spilts…so switch everything up

School:

Monday: 10am- 2:50pm
Tuesday:10am- 12:50pm
Wednesday: 10am- 2:50pm
Thursday: 10am- 2:50pm
Friday: Girlfriend 7:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday: Free
Sunday: Free

Work: My boss is a cawkhead, I can come in at work at 4/5/6pm- 9pm. But I want to work more hours though… So I don’t know what to do though… Where I go to school is the opposite of my city, but I have someone driving me to my gym on, Mon-Wednesday. It usually takes me 1hr 15-20min to get to my gym without a driver, but I got a unreliable guy, it takes me 15min to get to my gym. So i get to the gym gym around 3:30pm in the afternoon. And I want to workout a good heavy intense workout and get to work at 5 or 6, 5 is what I’m aim`ing for though.

Monday: 4/5/6pm- 9pm
Tuesday: 4/5/6pm- 9pm
Wednesday: 4/5/6pm- 9pm
Thursday: 4/5/6pm- 9pm
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:

Concerns:

• Should I do a 3/4day split? Since I’m free all day everyday on the weekend , if so what 3day split should I do? that my muscles wont be stabilize the next day or so, So all of them can rest the entire week, and maybe since I get out at 12:50 and I get to my gym by my driver at 1:00’ish ? Or a 4day split since I leave class early on Tuesday and I’ll get to work before 4:00pm…

• Or Should I workout less time in the gym and do a 4/5/6 day split and do 1 body part a day, so this time I can build and recover and wont be stabilizing a muscle because of a workout for the next day or two or so…

• What are the disadvantages and advantages for these concerns?

Please I want to start working out again, starting Monday =(

If you had read any of the articles on this site you would know if you developed a good split, and with a post like this I will be surprised if you get any help.

Do your research, read the articles, and come back with some better questions, not a simple plea for somebody to critic your entire bodybuilding lifestyle. The search function will become your best friend.

off topic.
I just can’t take anymore of people using the wrong forms of words.

1. I weight 200 pounds (X), I weigh 200 pounds.
    -I have seen this in so many places. (weight is a noun, weigh is a verb)
  2. Anti-social vs. asocial.
    -someone who does not like socializing is asocial, someone who is against society (as in feels no guilt about killing people and such is antisocial.
    Sorry about the off topic stuff but could not take it any more.
    Now back to regularly scheduled program.

You need to do what you can based on your current life situation. In your case I would do:

Saturday: Chest/Back
One day during the week (not Monday or Friday): Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps

Spend the rest of your free time educating yourself by reading the articles on this site.

[quote]ghdtpdna wrote:
off topic.

1. I weight 200 pounds (X), I weigh 200 pounds.
    -I have seen this in so many places. (weight is a noun, weigh is a verb)
  2. Anti-social vs. asocial.
    -someone who does not like socializing is asocial, someone who is against society (as in feels no guilt about killing people and such is antisocial.
    Sorry about the off topic stuff but could not take it any more.
    Now back to regularly scheduled program.
    [/quote]

No I think we should keep this rolling, maybe make a whole thread, and use as many wrong forms as possible, so people can see how ridiculous it is.

height?

[quote]ACTrain wrote:
You need to do what you can based on your current life situation. In your case I would do:

Spend the rest of your free time educating yourself by reading the articles on this site.[/quote]

This is great advice. Listen to it.

[quote]ghdtpdna wrote:

[/quote]

There is a joke here somewhere.

Anyway, as ACTrain indicated, you will have to decide how often you are going to consistently hit the gym. If it is 3 days a week then I would probably do:
Saturday: upper
Sunday: lower
mid-week: full-body using compound exercises only
This way everything gets hit twice a week.

If it is consistently 4 days a week that opens up other options. But, if you are not sure if you can do 4 then set up your program assuming it will be 3.

edit: I should add that I like AC’s split and prefer it if it was me. The best option is the one that allows you to make consistent progress.

[quote]ACTrain wrote:

Spend the rest of your free time educating yourself by reading the articles on this site.[/quote]

I’ve tried that, only day I leave early in class is, on Tuesday, and I’m free friday, Saturday, sunday entire day. how can I use your split if I just got back from lifting its been 4 months… and now im sore from days, so how can I use a split that a muscle i used 2days ago must be stabilized for my future workout? I tried doing shoulders today and i did back on Tuesday and it was hard to even raise the dumbbells…so how can I do this? I know its because I have’nt lifted in a while so what should I do?

[quote]heavysession wrote:
height?[/quote]

5"11

Like I did back on tuesday and If i wanted to do triceps tomorrow I could’nt because my biceps are sore as hell

Is english your first language?

Sarcasm? Yes it is… why in every thread there has to be a sarcastic individual like you to post something like that dude, I live in Brooklyn, just looking for help for this odd situation.

If English is your first language then FUCKING TYPE IN IT.

People like you give the rest of us from this borough a bad name. Clown.

I don’t see any FUCKING reason for this, man? Did I bang your girlfriend/sister? sibling?

[quote]moe198920 wrote:
ACTrain wrote:

Spend the rest of your free time educating yourself by reading the articles on this site.

I’ve tried that, only day I leave early in class is, on Tuesday, and I’m free friday, Saturday, sunday entire day. how can I use your split if I just got back from lifting its been 4 months… and now im sore from days, so how can I use a split that a muscle i used 2days ago must be stabilized for my future workout? I tried doing shoulders today and i did back on Tuesday and it was hard to even raise the dumbbells…so how can I do this? I know its because I have’nt lifted in a while so what should I do?

[/quote]

If you’re that sore, maybe you should take some time to A)Warm up properly B)Stretch after a workout C)Cool down/recover properly.
As a side note, how can you use a split… just go and do it if you want it that bad. Just getting in a real warm up should help loosen up some sore muscles, and stretching and cooling down should help keep some of the soreness at bay to begin with. You can raise dumbbells when muscles are sore by raising them anyway. I’m sure more than a few people chiming in here have lifted muscle X while muscle Y was sore.

Try training on Fri & Sunday only : SQ or DL, BP, BB Row & abs on Fri. MPress, Shrug, Bicep, tricep & abs on Sun.

Is there a gym at your school? If so, then workout there. If not, switch gyms and workout closer to school. “Your Gym” being an hour a way is just idiotic.

Workout in the morning, 8am-9am.

When you grow up and become an adult you’ll realize how much time you have.

Here’s my schedule for motivation:

5am: wake
6am-2pm: work
2pm-3pm: lift
4pm-7pm: work #2
7:30pm-11pm: time with family.

It helps that I work at a gym…if not this is how I would do it:

5am: wak
6am-2pm: work
2pm-2:30pm: travel to gym
2:30-3:30pm: lift
3:30-4:00pm: travel to 2nd job
4:00pm-7:00pm: work #2
7:30pm-11pm: time with family

If it takes more than 30 minutes to get to your gym then find another gym.

[quote]moe198920 wrote:
My schedule? Please I am so stressed =(

I am 20yrs, I weight about 170-175lbs I been lifting on and off, and I didn’t work back then, so I was on a extensive split.

Please if you can take the time to read this short text, and help me out, would be really really appreciated.

Current Split: Taken from the forums.

Monday: Chest & Abdominal
Tuesday: Back & Abs
Wednesday:
Thursday: Shoulder and Traps
Friday: Biceps/Triceps/Forearms
Saturday: OFF

I missed chest and abs, I did back and abs. And My lats and my entire back is beyond beyond beyond sore, and my biceps. Today I did shoulders and trap And every time I did a exercises my lats arms would hurt because it was sore, So i didnt have a good workout, I need someone based on my schedule below, I need something to fit my lifestyle, and another split to change everything as a 2/3 week cycle of spilts…so switch everything up

School:

Monday: 10am- 2:50pm
Tuesday:10am- 12:50pm
Wednesday: 10am- 2:50pm
Thursday: 10am- 2:50pm
Friday: Girlfriend 7:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday: Free
Sunday: Free

Work: My boss is a cawkhead, I can come in at work at 4/5/6pm- 9pm. But I want to work more hours though… So I don’t know what to do though… Where I go to school is the opposite of my city, but I have someone driving me to my gym on, Mon-Wednesday. It usually takes me 1hr 15-20min to get to my gym without a driver, but I got a unreliable guy, it takes me 15min to get to my gym. So i get to the gym gym around 3:30pm in the afternoon. And I want to workout a good heavy intense workout and get to work at 5 or 6, 5 is what I’m aim`ing for though.

Monday: 4/5/6pm- 9pm
Tuesday: 4/5/6pm- 9pm
Wednesday: 4/5/6pm- 9pm
Thursday: 4/5/6pm- 9pm
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:

Concerns:

• Should I do a 3/4day split? Since I’m free all day everyday on the weekend , if so what 3day split should I do? that my muscles wont be stabilize the next day or so, So all of them can rest the entire week, and maybe since I get out at 12:50 and I get to my gym by my driver at 1:00’ish ? Or a 4day split since I leave class early on Tuesday and I’ll get to work before 4:00pm…

• Or Should I workout less time in the gym and do a 4/5/6 day split and do 1 body part a day, so this time I can build and recover and wont be stabilizing a muscle because of a workout for the next day or two or so…

• What are the disadvantages and advantages for these concerns?

Please I want to start working out again, starting Monday =( [/quote]

Get up early and be done with the gym/ready for school before 10am.

If you really want it, you’ll find a way.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
If English is your first language then FUCKING TYPE IN IT.

People like you give the rest of us from this borough a bad name. Clown. [/quote]

LMAO… The clown part always gets me. lol.