Anyone Been to Grand Bahama Island?

So a quick question about Scottish culture. Is a kilt used for traditional events or for what we would call a “black tie affair” In which americans would wear a tuxedo or a three piece suit. Or is it only for weddings and keg throwing?

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
So a quick question about Scottish culture. Is a kilt used for traditional events or for what we would call a “black tie affair” In which americans would wear a tuxedo or a three piece suit. Or is it only for weddings and keg throwing?[/quote]

Kilts are mainly worn at weddings, celidhs (scottish dancing), award ceremonies and Burns Supper Pootie. I love wearing my kilt cos it’s manly as fuck and chicks dig it.

I wore a kilt a few times in the states and the birds were crawling all over me. You get a few cheap digs of the guys but that’s because they’re jealous as fuck.

Plus you should never wear underwear or you don’t qualify as full blooded Scottish. Only English people would wear briefs under a kilt but then they dafties also put sugar in their porridge. Mental cases.

I’ll wear my kilt any excuse I get. The laydeez love it!
Highland Games is also an event where you’d wear a kilt, even if you don’t compete.

Pootie - A kilt can be worn for a “black tie” event. You’d wear what’s probably best described as “dress tartan” i.e. kilt, dress shirt, bow tie, waistcoat (I think you call them vests) and a jacket.

You can also wear what’s called a “jacobite” shirt for a more casual look… or you just wear a t-shirt or rugby/football top and a pair of big fuck off boots.

[quote]BigDug wrote:
I’ll wear my kilt any excuse I get. The laydeez love it!
Highland Games is also an event where you’d wear a kilt, even if you don’t compete.

Pootie - A kilt can be worn for a “black tie” event. You’d wear what’s probably best described as “dress tartan” i.e. kilt, dress shirt, bow tie, waistcoat (I think you call them vests) and a jacket.

You can also wear what’s called a “jacobite” shirt for a more casual look… or you just wear a t-shirt or rugby/football top and a pair of big fuck off boots.
[/quote]

Not really a big fan of the Jacobite look Big Yin. Looks too poofy and Liam Neeson in Rob Roy for me.

Yup, I’d agree with that. Jacobite shirts look shite

Oh you Scotts and your fashion. Glad you cleared it up. But the whole free balling (no underwear) thing is a little too much for me. Glad you guys stick to your culture and make wearing a skirt a manly event. Do the Irish do the same thing or is that a totally different culture?

The Irish do have kilts, but it’s not very often that you see them worn.

The no underwear thing is the best part of it!

Going for a piss is so easy too :wink:

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
Oh you Scotts and your fashion. Glad you cleared it up. But the whole free balling (no underwear) thing is a little too much for me. Glad you guys stick to your culture and make wearing a skirt a manly event. Do the Irish do the same thing or is that a totally different culture?[/quote]

Mate the last hing you want to wear under a kilt is underwear. Kilts are warm and pretty heavy. You would end up with more yeast than a budweiser factory if you kept your pants on. Irish culture is similar due to the celtic connection however probably best asking one of our friends form the emerald isle.