Anyone Attend Arnold 2005 EXPO?

Did anyone(T-Nation) attend Arnold 2005 EXPO?

I was there on Friday sporting my “TESTOSTERONE” shirt but I didn’t see anyone else from T-Nation or Biotest. I also went on Saturday and got to attend a Jay Cutler seminar.

I was kind of disappointed that Biotest/T-Nation didn’t have a booth.

I am very sorry that you were disapointed. Are you okay now? Would you like to talk about it?

Yeah i went Sat. and Sun.

did anyone watch the powerlifting championships?

I went to the Arnold, but I did not step a foot on the expo floor. It was basically a bunch of guys in their little brothers’ t-shirts (nevermind it was snowing outside) and chicks hung more than me.

I stayed in the powerlifting auditorium, where Donnie Thompson (whose gym I train at) won the Superheavyweight title, and Marc Bartley (who trains at the same gym with us) got second in the heavyweights.

I also heard that Shugart was in attendance. I wish I could have met him.

Hey, I was there with my T-Nation shirt on Friday. Sorry I missed you!

I also went to Atomic Athletics’ Night of Strength III afterwards.

Now THAT was fun. Even my kids enjoyed it, and talked about it the whole way home.

I’m sorry that Biotest wasn’t there. I can only assume the booth prices are high, and it may not be worth the time and expense, though I have to believe that the “Testosterone” shirts would have sold out fast.

[quote]RickJames wrote:
I also heard that Shugart was in attendance. I wish I could have met him.[/quote]

Nope, I wasn’t there. I did the Olympia instead – can only stand one of those things per year – and chose to hit a big ACSM summit later this month instead. (Hey, it’s in Vegas!)

Dr. Ryan Smith, a new contrib, was there covering it for us. We should have an article up soon.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Nope, I wasn’t there. I did the Olympia instead – can only stand one of those things per year – and chose to hit a big ACSM summit later this month instead. (Hey, it’s in Vegas!)

Dr. Ryan Smith, a new contrib, was there covering it for us. We should have an article up soon.
[/quote]

Oh, maybe Ryan was the guy that people were talking about having met Dave Tate. Not sure who would have confused that, though. Oh well. You didn’t miss much. Like I said, guys in tight shirts and women that need an “equipment check”. I just hung out with fat people.

I went for the expo and the rest of the events. Met Zydrunas Saviskas(?), Mike Ruggiera and a couple other WSB guys, Pavel, Rick Collins, Frank Shamrock, bunch of others. Only my 2nd powerlifting meet ever, and it was really something to see some of the strongest guys in the world getting excited as their own world records were being broken. I also saw the men’s bodybuilding prejudging and finals, though I have no idea what made 1 guy better than the next, and a couple fans around me were a little ‘off’. If I figure out how to get pics off my digital camera I’ll post some.

I was there Friday and Saturday. I’ve got plenty of pictures to accompany the article, so stay tuned.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that I did not get to meet Dave.

However, I did tell the booth babes that I was Chris Shugart from T-Nation and that I needed their help for an upcoming T-Nation article entitled: Breasts, A Comparison of Real vs. Natural Based on Touch and Visual Appearance.

Maybe that is where the confusion came from.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1110290926859.ronnie.jpg

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[/quote]

Is there going to be a Biotest/T-Nation BOOTH next year?

This guy from this year’s ARNOLD wants to know.

I was there lifting in the bench comp on the expo stage.

slattimer,

You call that lifting! J/K

I watched quite a bit of the Bench Bash. You are a freaking monster. I wanted to get over to the stage to meet you but the crowd was so damn dense at that point.

You made the 815.5 look pretty easy. From where I was standing way in the back, it looked like you locked out the next weight you tried, but I guess you didn’t get credit for it.

Look for the upcoming Arnold article I wrote, I gave you some props.

I’m sure the other members would be interested in your training for the event.

Take care,

Ryan