Anybody Watch Whale Wars?

[quote]imhungry wrote:
super saiyan wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ve seen 2 episodes.

I’m for protecting the whales. The Japs aren’t fooling anyone with their activities.

But I’m not really for the sensationalism the show displays. Gung-Ho doesn’t always accomplish the task at hand.

Of course you are for protecting the whales. You are a hippie. I guess my biggest problems with protecting them is that they are so fat. Couldn’t they try the V-diet or something? Maybe that way they could swim faster and not need our protection so much.

I’m hoping you’re kidding, because nobody can be this stupid.[/quote]

He is from Missouri, what the hell do you expect?

I personally do not care, I root for the Japanese. Whaling has a legitimate reason behind it’s activity. The whales are not endanger, so why all the douchebaggery from the hippies? Because they need a cause an AP feeds there douchebaggery.

The wales are in danger. The wales are protected under international law. The whaling ships are breaking laws that noone cares to enforce. So they fill the void and make it difficult for them to keep raping the planet.

I wonder why so many people here are so hostile to a bunch of good people who want to help in any way they can. In case some don’t realize the world is hostile and money talks. Their way is the only way to stop it short of military involvement at high seas. At the very least they embody the spirit of standing up and fighting for what’s right. Something most Americans have lost with the daily spoon feeding.

I applaud their efforts and recognize the fact that their lives are more exciting then mine.

Hippies are living proof that cowboys fucked sheep.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ve seen 2 episodes.

I’m for protecting the whales. The Japs aren’t fooling anyone with their activities.

But I’m not really for the sensationalism the show displays. Gung-Ho doesn’t always accomplish the task at hand.

Of course you are for protecting the whales. You are a hippie.[/quote]

And you are an asshole.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Their way is the only way to stop it short of military involvement at high seas. [/quote]

Yeah I wonder what would happen if the Japanese actually attacked the anti-whaling ship? Would any one be willing to retaliate for them? I mean what if the Japs sunk the ship and killed everyone aboard?!? Would nothing happen? I quietly hope something would happen as it makes me feel more interested in the show and that the international community cares more about the issue as they apparently do not. Perhaps a big enough incident would get them involved.

I find the whole thing messed up though. The UN should be hammering any and all people who attack endangered/protected species. Why even make it a law if no one does anything about it? It is sad our resources are too tied up in human vs human issues and this then gets the shaft. In my world you would be able to attack the Japs (or anyone else) free of excuses if you caught them whaling.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
super saiyan wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ve seen 2 episodes.

Of course you are for protecting the whales. You are a hippie.

And you are an asshole.

[/quote]

Dang dude, just a joke. I thought you would have realized that considering the stuff I wrote after it.

[quote]Rusty Barbell wrote:
Gregus wrote:
Their way is the only way to stop it short of military involvement at high seas.

Yeah I wonder what would happen if the Japanese actually attacked the anti-whaling ship? Would any one be willing to retaliate for them? I mean what if the Japs sunk the ship and killed everyone aboard?!? Would nothing happen? I quietly hope something would happen as it makes me feel more interested in the show and that the international community cares more about the issue as they apparently do not. Perhaps a big enough incident would get them involved.

I find the whole thing messed up though. The UN should be hammering any and all people who attack endangered/protected species. Why even make it a law if no one does anything about it? It is sad our resources are too tied up in human vs human issues and this then gets the shaft. In my world you would be able to attack the Japs (or anyone else) free of excuses if you caught them whaling.[/quote]

All True.

Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ve seen 2 episodes.

Of course you are for protecting the whales. You are a hippie. I guess my biggest problems with protecting them is that they are so fat. Couldn’t they try the V-diet or something? Maybe that way they could swim faster and not need our protection so much.[/quote]

OK, so what, Im a hippie. Now what?

And IF liking animals and CARING about our planet and it’s eco system, forests and such makes me a Hippie, then Im a hippie. Big Deal.

And now let’s turn the tables. What does it make you if you dislike Hippies and stand against their efforts?

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
imhungry wrote:
super saiyan wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ve seen 2 episodes.

Of course you are for protecting the whales. You are a hippie. I guess my biggest problems with protecting them is that they are so fat. Couldn’t they try the V-diet or something? Maybe that way they could swim faster and not need our protection so much.

I’m hoping you’re kidding, because nobody can be this stupid.

I personally do not care, I root for the Japanese. Whaling has a legitimate reason behind it’s activity. The whales are not endanger, so why all the douchebaggery from the hippies? Because they need a cause an AP feeds there douchebaggery.[/quote]

They are an endangered species, chris.

While there is a point for them killing the whales, they can still find alternatives instead of using whale products. They would have to do that eventually, anyway.

I agree with Gregus, also.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
super saiyan wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ve seen 2 episodes.

And IF liking animals and CARING about our planet and it’s eco system, forests and such makes me a Hippie, then Im a hippie. Big Deal.

And now let’s turn the tables. What does it make you if you dislike Hippies and stand against their efforts? [/quote]

Um, I don’t know, but it’s not this…

Gregus wrote:
super saiyan wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ve seen 2 episodes.

And now let’s turn the tables. What does it make you if you dislike Hippies and stand against their efforts?

My question is how the whale warriors(lol!) haven’t been shot and had their vessel sunk out at sea.

Gregus wrote:
super saiyan wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ve seen 2 episodes.

Again so what? Them feeling the empathy may be not to my style and does seem “odd” to many.

That would be like me showing a photo of you masturbating after you make a good comment and get people on your side. All in an effort to not attack the good argument but to attack the person that’s arguing.

I don’t care if they like to eat grass. As long as their efforts are for the betterment of our planet, we all benefit. And incidentally i love trees. I love trees that are old. Trees with Huge Canopies and horizontal branches covered in moss. Trees so giant you they have their own eco systems. I love those. Trees that were here for as long as 5 thousand years. I think it’s a sin to cut one down for lumber, Jesus Christ educate yourself.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Brother Chris wrote:
imhungry wrote:
super saiyan wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’ve seen 2 episodes.

I’m hoping you’re kidding, because nobody can be this stupid.

I personally do not care, I root for the Japanese. Whaling has a legitimate reason behind it’s activity. The whales are not endanger, so why all the douchebaggery from the hippies? Because they need a cause an AP feeds there douchebaggery.

They are an endangered species, chris.

While there is a point for them killing the whales, they can still find alternatives instead of using whale products. They would have to do that eventually, anyway.

I agree with Gregus, also.[/quote]

We Agree. Sweet. BTW: always loved that Tiger in your avatar. I always wanted to ruffle one up like my personal kitty :slight_smile:

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Again so what? Them feeling the empathy may be not to my style and does seem “odd” to many.

That would be like me showing a photo of you masturbating after you make a good comment and get people on your side. All in an effort to not attack the good argument but to attack the person that’s arguing. [/quote]

Great analogy. Really. I don’t know whether I should be flattered or disturbed that you desire a picture of me masturbating. Although I’m a fairly handsome fellow, I’m not sure a picture of me masturbating would convince people to be on my side. Especially in a forum filled with mostly males.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Jesus Christ educate yourself. [/quote]

I would not speak that way to Jesus if I were you. He is very educated.

Well, between Gregus, ImHungry, and myself, I’d say we have the beginnings of a hippie-fest here! LOL

In all seriousness… that tree video was rather pathetic. I mean I’m totally for preserving our old growth forests. But those folks crying over the tree was a bit much. Instead of the mourning memorial, they could have planted 10 or more seedlings in its honor!

Sidenote: I’d never consider myself a hippie - in spite of some of the attitudes expressed here. Hippies often had drop-out mentalities, openly voiced opinions without action, and were imbued in mind-altering substances. I have nothing in common with that crap. I’m too proactive. I do, however feel that, as humans (and being the supreme beings on this earth), we have a responsibility to its wellbeing. There’s nothing cool or macho about acting like an abusive jackass toward animals or the environment.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Well, between Gregus, ImHungry, and myself, I’d say we have the beginnings of a hippie-fest here! LOL

In all seriousness… that tree video was rather pathetic. I mean I’m totally for preserving our old growth forests. But those folks crying over the tree was a bit much. Instead of the mourning memorial, they could have planted 10 or more seedlings in its honor!

Sidenote: I’d never consider myself a hippie - in spite of some of the attitudes expressed here. Hippies often had drop-out mentalities, openly voiced opinions without action, and were imbued in mind-altering substances. I have nothing in common with that crap. I’m too proactive. I do, however feel that, as humans (and being the supreme beings on this earth), we have a responsibility to its wellbeing. There’s nothing cool or macho about acting like an abusive jackass toward animals or the environment. [/quote]

So you a conservationist, as apposed to a preservationist. I too feel the same way.

I’m no hippie but I’m all for saving the whales. Just wish someone else would do other than these fucknuts.

They throw shit at the whalers, then when the whalers throw something back they claim they are being viscously attacked. Give me a fucking break. They can dish it out but they cannot take it. That pisses me off more than anything.

BTW, i noticed they sail under the Dutch flag, but what the fuck kind of support can they lend? Aren’t they in the Antarctic? the whole premise is pretty weird. If I were them I’d use fire hoses.

what’s hilarious is how the Japanese taunt everyone with the signs that say what it is theyre doing.

i watched one episode and when i realized that no one ever gets shot i stopped.

[quote]adamhum wrote:
Did you see that special about dolphin fins? These dolphin hunters catch the dolphins, cut their fins off while they are still alive and then throw the rest of them back in the water dying in pain. They don’t even give them the courtesy of a quick death. I think that sucks. Imagine someone cutting your arms off and then kicking you out of the van and driving off.

I’m not sure how I feel about whalers, never thought a whole bunch about it.[/quote]

I think you are referring to sharks and the documentary shark water, yes its disgusting i agree.