Anybody Run The ATS PREP Test?

Just curious if anyone in Ontario (or elsewhere) has run the PREP test for police work in Ontario and what they did to train-beyond running the beep test over and over…

I am testing Dec. 2nd and reasonably fit just now-not worried about overall fitness but wondering about specific things I can do to help me on the day. Access to a sample course is not readily available.

Thanks all.

[quote]Winger11 wrote:
Just curious if anyone in Ontario (or elsewhere) has run the PREP test for police work in Ontario and what they did to train-beyond running the beep test over and over…

I am testing Dec. 2nd and reasonably fit just now-not worried about overall fitness but wondering about specific things I can do to help me on the day. Access to a sample course is not readily available.

Thanks all.

[/quote]

That seems odd that the sample course is not readily available. Are you sure?

Ran yesterday. Sample courses are hard to come by and schedule time on if you’re not actually in a Police Foundations college program. On the day they actually walked us around the course and gave us a great tutorial on the specialized gear before we ran. I made standard (it was just a pass/fail test, not a best time kind of thing) in both the pursuit/restraint circuit and the beep test. Level 6.5 on the beep test is not that hard to hit if you know a bit about how to run efficiently and are a moderately fit.

The written exams on the other hand…

[quote]Winger11 wrote:
Ran yesterday. Sample courses are hard to come by and schedule time on if you’re not actually in a Police Foundations college program. On the day they actually walked us around the course and gave us a great tutorial on the specialized gear before we ran. I made standard (it was just a pass/fail test, not a best time kind of thing) in both the pursuit/restraint circuit and the beep test. Level 6.5 on the beep test is not that hard to hit if you know a bit about how to run efficiently and are a moderately fit.

The written exams on the other hand…

[/quote]

No go on the WCT or PATI?

Got the results Friday, actually made standard (to my amazement) and on to stage 2. Still, it felt like quite a scramble in the exam room/high school cafeteria. Bring on the BPAD…

As an aside, the HS that hosted had a weight room that was as well equipped as a small community centre and a teacher that was running a powerlifting program. Awesome to see.

[quote]Winger11 wrote:
Got the results Friday, actually made standard (to my amazement) and on to stage 2. Still, it felt like quite a scramble in the exam room/high school cafeteria. Bring on the BPAD…

As an aside, the HS that hosted had a weight room that was as well equipped as a small community centre and a teacher that was running a powerlifting program. Awesome to see.[/quote]

I’ve known many cops who failed one, two, even three times before they got on. I’d say pass rate first time is half. BPAD is more awkward than difficult. If you have a level head you’ll be fine. Best advice is to mimic how you would expect to be treated if you were in the actor’s situation.

Good luck.

[quote]WN76 wrote:

I’ve known many cops who failed one, two, even three times before they got on. I’d say pass rate first time is half. BPAD is more awkward than difficult. If you have a level head you’ll be fine. Best advice is to mimic how you would expect to be treated if you were in the actor’s situation.

Good luck. [/quote]

Thanks, heading in on Wed. Doing some youtube surfing to see what kind of prep (ha ha, get it, like PREP) I can do to have at least some passing familiarity with what comes up on the screen on the day. Good advice that, act how I would hope to be treated.