Anybody Know a 6 Day Program

The more I read of OP’s responses the more it looks like we’ve got another ask-hole on our hands.

Good advice isn’t always want you want to hear.

3 Likes

sounds like it. OP why not use the extra day or 2 as conditioning and active recovery? Im on 5 days a week, 1 for each major compound and the fifth is either conditioning, speed work, or recovery work depending on which week of my program im on. As others have said repeatedly, if you insist on 6 days a week like you do them fine but dont expect the growth and gains you may be wanting, there is a reason why even most of the top level powerlifters do 4 workouts a week, maybe 5. But dont expect much help in your 6x a week programming from people who repeatedly tell you how inefficient it is.

Youre not training hard enough.

Also you’re 14, play a variety of sports dammit

Anyway this has a 6 day template…

1 Like

Enjoying a particular way of training is a perfectly good reason to pursue it. Long term compliance is key to progress, and enjoyment is key to long term compliance. Nor is there any particular reason you will overtrain on higher frequency. I’ve gone as high as 14 sessions a week, basically full body, and not overtrained. If you take a 3 day template and do exactly the same work, but split each workout onto 2 days it will be LESS stressful than the 3 day template. Is it necessary, no. Can it be beneficial, yes. Is it a huge benefit if you enjoy that style of training, absolutely.

If you enjoy it, do it, but don’t be stupid about it.

So most 14 year olds who lift, bench more than 200 and pull more than 350. Strong kids i guess these days…

That has exactly nothing to do with being a beginner

When we talk about beginner, intermediate and advanced programs, we do not talk about 14 year-old individuals. Those are great lifts for a 14 year-old but there’s still a ton of fast progress to be made before he needs any serious periodization or more frequency to advance.

Your numbers are pretty good for 14. With that said, people get all fucking gung ho about #riseandgrind #nooffdays that they don’t realize that you shouldn’t add another day unless you absolutely have to. Honestly, I have met very few people that HAVE to be at that point. OP, find a solid 3x a week program and do that for as long as you can. Use your off days to do what most fat/sick powerlifters wish they did early on: aerobic training and working on mobility. You probably still have a couple of years to go with something like a simple 5x5 program with stupid simple progressions. If you absolutely are deadest on getting 6 day a week program together, let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

Great post. If you are training within reasonable parameters (which are much broader than most people think), BY FAR the most important factor in the success of your training will be how much you enjoy doing it. There is not a close second.

Looks like the stronger people on this thread (including a guy who got the gold medal in the deadlift at IPF worlds) are the ones saying you should train the way you want. It’s the people who will never be more than middling lifters squatting 400-500 who are so insistent on following the internet-prescribed beginner/intermediate progressions. The best lifters are tinkerers. You do not figure out the training process for yourself, or have very much fun, being a fucking drone and doing Starting Strength followed by Stronglifts followed by 5/3/1 or whatever the morons in the peanut gallery recommend these days.

Good input dude, I can definitely attest to this program. I’ve been training like this for awhile.

I see no issue in what you’re doing, I’ve been powerlifting for around 5 months and the 6 day split works for me, if I took any days off in between I’d be tired and feel weak for the next day. I’m 15, weighing 173. Bench:270 , Squat: 335 , deadlift:375 so I’m not really a beginner what so ever. Everyone else will have a different opinion and everything works different for others.

To quote Ed Coan - “If your lifts are going up don’t change anything. Don’t even listen to me. Progress is progress.”

He has said this repeatedly over the years and at a seminar I went to in November. When the GOAT speaks, LISTEN!

When you will be Older you will understand why they told you too train less or thinked about it ! the recovery is not the same at 25 years old lol