Anybody Care About Curling Strength?

Armwrestling is about injuring yourself 1 month before your first powerlifting meet. Sucks. I was out for almost a month, even hurt to squat.

Leave it to the pros and weak people who won’t likely push hard enough to hurt themselves.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
I don’t… I know alot of people who can’t bench press more than 200 pounds, who can beat me in an arm wrestling match and “mercy”.

Losing an arm wrestling match or “mercy” used to smash my ego. Now, I just don’t care…[/quote]

Don’t care about how much i curl.

[quote]hurg53 wrote:
RMorrison wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
I suck at armwrestling and it pisses me off.If you lose the people watching think your weaker then the guy who beat you even if your not.

X2

As far as the question in the title of the post… I used to not care about curling strength; but, my ego has really not been liking watching all of the pencil necks with big arms in my gym curl like double what I do… Hence, I have finally given in and added a dedicated arm day to my routine.

lol who gives a fuck about curling strength. deadlift strength is what separates the men from the boys[/quote]

Yeah roger that but if you say, lose an arm wrestling match you dont think I need to bring up my deadlift.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:

Would you please describe how you “rotate shoulders”? Thanks.[/quote]
Around the spine.

Most people lay back and pull when they arm-wrestle. I move in and push, for the most part. If you’re quick enough, then the other person not only has to pull you out of a full contraction, but also has to pull against your chest, shoulder, obliques, and abs.

Well, there are curl competitions (NASA does them along with the big 3, for example, their chairman post some of his feats and announcements on here occasionally…).

I will be caring about my curling strength after my next meet. During my next cycle I plan to spend more time doing bicep work to bring up my stone lifting. To me, it’s no different than a powerlifter doing pushdowns to bring up weak triceps.

People who are good at curling care about the curling strength.

Arm wrestling is technique and strength. If your going to lift I suggest you get a few arm wrestling matches under your belt and at least a little strength and technique. I believe it’s the 4th thing on the list people ask when they see size, how much you bench, can you lift me, … it might be the 3rd… want to arm wrestle?

I almost lost at mercy a while back. It hurt like crazy

Bitch cheated he accidentally grabbed just two of my fingers instead of the whole hand.

So it was 2 fingers on my left hand versus his right hand.

I had his left all twisted under him, but it wasn’t really hurting him.

So I used my right hand, still holding his left, reached down, and picked him up on my wrist, and threw him over my shoulder.

I didn’t actually INTEND to do that, it was kind of a reflex.

Other people in the bar thought that was the funniest shit ever, considering the guy was 180-ish or something, normal sized guy.

I am now known as the “King of Mercy”.

dude in the strength sports olum we talk about lifts for strength not fricken arm wrestling, im 17 and i think that immature

WE TALK BOUT DEADLIFTING

and ive seen people with weak arms tear a bicept deadlifting. i am 17 and i want big arms to match my chest and back so i also dedicate an arm day

[quote]brauny96 wrote:
dude in the strength sports olum we talk about lifts for strength not fricken arm wrestling, im 17 and i think that immature

WE TALK BOUT DEADLIFTING

and ive seen people with weak arms tear a bicept deadlifting. i am 17 and i want big arms to match my chest and back so i also dedicate an arm day[/quote]

Maybe you should pay more attention in English class instead. I have no idea what you are saying.

[quote]brauny96 wrote:

WE TALK BOUT DEADLIFTING

and ive seen people with weak arms tear a bicept deadlifting. i am 17 and i want big arms to match my chest and back so i also dedicate an arm day[/quote]

I am your role model. We’re currently at the same age right now. Follow my steps and you won’t look like a moron like what you just did by posting that stupid shit.

OWNED!!!

I never really cared much about curling strength because people are MUCH more impressed by how much I squat and bench press than who I can beat in an arm wrestling match.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
brauny96 wrote:

WE TALK BOUT DEADLIFTING

and ive seen people with weak arms tear a bicept deadlifting. i am 17 and i want big arms to match my chest and back so i also dedicate an arm day

Maybe you should pay more attention in English class instead. I have no idea what you are saying.[/quote]

he said he’s 17

[quote]brauny96 wrote:

WE TALK BOUT DEADLIFTING

Can you show me exactely where the hell the “bicept” is located? And what is an “olum?”

And my final question: Why do you keep polluting threads with your BULLSHIT trash posts? Literally every single post you’ve made has been completely moronic.

If he’s 17 he should have learned to spell and write years ago…

Arm wrestling is not in the cards for me.

I will never win a game.

I have a friend that has never touched a weight but at any given time will kick my ass in an arm wrestling match.

I hate it.

Aaaaaand no I dont care about curl strength.

I don’t care specifically about curl strength, but I am not stupid, so I still do curls.

All you guys who don’t care about curl strength are a bunch of pansies.

OP, Monday is my Max Effort day and Thursday is my dynamic Effort day. If my recovery is good that week I’ll put an RE day for my guns on sunday. I’m working my way up to a 405lb curl. I’m at about 365 right now. I’m hoping to hit 405 at my next meet.

i am the greatest arm wrestler…

[quote]Invictica wrote:
All you guys who don’t care about curl strength are a bunch of pansies.

OP, Monday is my Max Effort day and Thursday is my dynamic Effort day. If my recovery is good that week I’ll put an RE day for my guns on sunday. I’m working my way up to a 405lb curl. I’m at about 365 right now. I’m hoping to hit 405 at my next meet. [/quote]

405lb curl comes with his 180lb jerk. Its all that oly-lifting done in westside style.

Invictica, how are your Double-Yellow Band cleans coming?
:wink: