Any Weed Or None Weed Smokers

Smoke couple times a week. All good. Alot better than drinking. Doesnt affect any of my training goals.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:

Why go with one or the other? Combine the two.[/quote]

I second that.

[quote]Krollmonster wrote:
dl- wrote:
lol since there was a thread about non-drinkers…how many here have tried weed, still do, or quit…and all that jazz?

dl

Not until college. Those nights where everyone piles into one room, tapes the door edges, lays the towel at the door’s foot, and if you had them… leave orange peels on the floor. Supposedly, it helps to hide the odor.[/quote]

Febreeze does the trick.

Spike and THC is a nice ride. Think being high, but with more energy.

Not that I would recommend that or anything :wink:

[quote]TX T. wrote:
My advice if you don’t want to do it just don’t do it. Who cares what others think. Yea I am totally gonna sound like a mom but I speak from experience. Get your education concentrate on that and when you get to college and feel you have responsibility to control yourself then well you can make a more educated decision then. Just remember nothing makes you feel higher than being smarter & more accomplished down the road in life. Yea enjoying things and trying things is one thing it’s another to take things to another level. So just make sure you have the control when and if you do try something.

Weed was never my cup of tea. Made me sleepy and holy hell I could eat a lot! And I don’t need any help in that dept. OMG… oh and sleep like a freaking rock for days. I even felt like a zombie for a couple of days afterwards. Blahhhh I hated that feeling. Just my opinion all of this of course. Though I have and did participate in quite a bit of other stuff. Not gonna lie I had a damned good time in my 20’s.[/quote]

Yea dude do it! It will make you smarter and jump higher!

Seriously, it depends on who you are. I know guys who can smoke and make straight A’s through college and enjoy productive lives. I also know guys who smoke and don’t hardly do shit but smoke.

I smoked for about 3-4 years, HEAVILY. I loved it and most of you would say I was lying if I told you how much I was smoking. Today, if I were to take one bong hit I’d just get paranoid as fuck and lazy. Anyone know why that is? I can also tell you that those 3-4 years were the least productive of my life.

Smoking depends on the person. If you can handle it and still do what you’ve gotta do, then just don’t be stupid about it.

Try to make it a rule for your high school and college days that you’ll never do anything just because your peers want you to. It’s part of being a man. And it’s one of the hardest rules to follow.

[quote]krayon wrote:
Does the thought that you might be funding organized crime ever cross your mind? [/quote]
If you are worried about funding organized crime - don’t buy gas…

I’m the same as the guy above. I’ve known people who smoke who could make good grades and people who can’t do that while smoking.

Thing is, I used to smoke a lot, and I made mostly As and some Bs my first year of college, but I learned about 30% of what I would have. Bottom line, smoking constantly is detrimental to your wellbeing, it doesn’t let you function to your full level. I’m good at doing homework and taking tests, so I can make good grades, but it doesn’t mean I learned as much as someone who wasn’t smoking who made those grades.

I went from…

Soph year hs - tried pot

Jr year high school - 2nd semester began smoking multiple times weekly, no real change in personality/habits though

Sr year - Smoked daily, hung out with potheads only

That summer - smoked more, and better pot. All I did basically.

Freshman year 1st semester - I knew a guy around campus who got weed cheap, and I started selling to friends only, which blew up into a $100/day profit because of the low prices and I became “THE connection.”

I smoked literally all the profits, and this was high-grade pot, stuff that you can smell down the hall before it’s smoked. “One hit” stuff. Shared it with everyone, but I was smoking constantly. Sure I was having fun, but I wasn’t getting much out of college!

2nd semester it kept getting bigger, I got caught and luckily didn’t get legally prosecuted, just suspended from school (not even expelled!) and I went home and kept selling, though not as much, just to support my habit. I still smoked constantly. I would smoke 3 or 4 blunts at a time, worth $30-50 apiece, with other people who “threw down.”

That summer - it got old. I was smoking constantly and when I didn’t smoke I would be depressed, and for the first time I felt like I needed to have pot. Before, I looked at it as something that was fun but unnecessary, but now when I didn’t have pot I was freakin’ depressed. At this point, after about 2 and a half years, I had an emotional and slight physical dependency on it, and I decided I needed to stop for a while.

Took a few weeks off, which were the worst weeks of my life (seriously), and then felt better and got back into exercise. Tried smoking a few times but it made me paranoid and nervous, and depressed after I came down. Decided to quit permanently…

I’m occasionally tempted but I remember how much trouble I’d been in (also got arrested once, after I was home from school, but nothing on my record) and how depressed I had become, and remind myself “never again.”

It’s not that way for everyone, but just because it’s non-lethal and hard to detect use by some people doesn’t mean it can’t be harmful. The circumstances of my life (access to cheap weed, weed habit, ability to make good grades while smoking, and friends who needed weed) really kind of came together quickly and spiralled out of control. If I hadn’t had the ability to make good grades, I wouldn’t have allowed my use to rise so dramatically.

That’s my weed story, and my perspective on “That guy who smokes constantly and makes good grades” which happened to be me.

Before i say what iam going to say a disclaimer:

I in no way repressent the views of Chad Waterbury.

Now, onto the topic of drugs.

since chads highfrequency posts ive been thinking about all things physical adaption including drugs, study, changing habbits. and frequency really does seem to rule over dose (intensity). Even with higher doses you have to hit a level of frequency for adaption. The odd joint/bong/cookie/line/pill/tab/dried shroom mass doesnt really do much (in most cases, its a dose thing). However if your partaking often… Then your f*cked, and “often” might be very easy to misinterpret. Go figure.

We could even draw parallels with rep ranges Receptor adaptions. Mix up your drugs so you dont overstimulate any one neurotransmitter system ;).

Make sure you get everything important you need to get done first, and be aware of your impulses. I cant really see anyone having a problem with drugs then.

I went to college and grad school in the 70’s. No flashbacks and I still love my tattoo. Enough said.

[quote]Beatnik wrote:
Before i say what iam going to say a disclaimer:

I in no way repressent the views of Chad Waterbury.

Now, onto the topic of drugs.

since chads highfrequency posts ive been thinking about all things physical adaption including drugs, study, changing habbits. and frequency really does seem to rule over dose (intensity). Even with higher doses you have to hit a level of frequency for adaption. The odd joint/bong/cookie/line/pill/tab/dried shroom mass doesnt really do much (in most cases, its a dose thing). However if your partaking often… Then your f*cked, and “often” might be very easy to misinterpret. Go figure.

We could even draw parallels with rep ranges Receptor adaptions. Mix up your drugs so you dont overstimulate any one neurotransmitter system ;).

Make sure you get everything important you need to get done first, and be aware of your impulses. I cant really see anyone having a problem with drugs then.[/quote]

Unbelievable. Someone just compared drugs to Chad Waterbury’s training advice. Wow.

I used it for about 10 years.I regret the time and money I wasted on it. That’s been 20 yrs ago and I don’t miss getting stupid at all.
Izzie

stoned now :slight_smile:

[quote]dl- wrote:
Yeah so basically hahaha…I’ve never done weed. I’ve gotten drunk quite a bit…but like…weed just seems so much more effective…im still in high school (gr.11)…cause like…weed…its fast to smoke it…drinking takes some time (more than smoking)…drinking…perhaps hangover, lose some muscle, feel like shit upon waking up…if i try weed, it wont have that same catabolic effect like alcohol…and you can still haev a good time with it and all…of coruse i might not even like weed if i try it? lol…but its worth a shot i guess…

THE ONLY THING IS…i’ve never done it and im 16…so thats quite a deciison since i ahvent done it for so long…and when people ask me have i ever tried it i say no…and they are like…o really, thats sweet…so then i dont feel like doing it because i’ve hung in there and not done it for so long…but then again…i think…who really gives a fuck? lol
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK…HIT THE WEED?
dl-[/quote]

Weed is for pussies. You should be dropping acid once a week at your age.

DB

[quote]krayon wrote:
Does the thought that you might be funding organized crime ever cross your mind? [/quote]

It’s a crime that it should be illegal and I have to hide in my basement when I want to toke up!

I used to party quite a lot. Take that to mean what you will. I still occasionally smoke. Not often though.

agree with RoadWarrior,
if yer worried about funding terrorism dont buy gas!
as for weed,
put 10 adolescent males in a room and get them pretty well buzzed on booze, then youre gonna have a fight.
put the same 10 in a room and get em stoned, too mellow go give a crap.

im not saying do or not do it, cuz your gonna do what your gonna do either way.
just make sure that if you try it its because you want not cuz you let peers talk you into it.
if you do it just be safe, dont go out for a drive or something like that.
always time to try weed later on in life.

I couldnt help myself. I sat here with a huge grin on my face hopeing someone would bite. But no… sigh But atleast i mentioned study too.

its true though. You can go up and down the dose scale as much as you want. Providing your experiences are spread pretty far apart then your not really going to have problems such as addiction, depression, jitters, anxiety attacks, etc. You also end up sticking to the lower → mid level doses because you never develope a tolerance.

Do the good things more often then you do the bad things. Revolutionary idea to staying out of trouble.

Of course you don’t need to worry about the dose as much as the frequency, but for most people it is difficult to limit the frequency. You may not be doing it every day, but “once a month” becomes “once or twice a week”…“on weekends” becomes “during the week once,” which can become “on nights and weekends”

I write my own use off due to my being a dumb kid…I thought it was fun because I hung out with people and had fun, but I obviously could have had fun without it. I think it distorts your world view, and I know it lowered my acuity

[quote]Velvet Revolver wrote:
Smoke couple times a week. All good. Alot better than drinking. Doesnt affect any of my training goals. [/quote]

That’s a good idea, and when your ignorant ass gets caught you can spend anywhere from from a couple of weeks to a couple of months with me in my jail. Unless you have enough to make it a felony, then you spend your time at one of our lovely state prisons. You can work out on the pile in between ass rapings. I’m sure that won’t effect any of your goals training or otherwise.

I wonder if high frequency ass rapings would stimulate rapid growth of the colon.

[quote]Vwaju92 wrote:
Velvet Revolver wrote:
Smoke couple times a week. All good. Alot better than drinking. Doesnt affect any of my training goals.

That’s a good idea, and when your ignorant ass gets caught you can spend anywhere from from a couple of weeks to a couple of months with me in my jail. Unless you have enough to make it a felony, then you spend your time at one of our lovely state prisons. You can work out on the pile in between ass rapings. I’m sure that won’t effect any of your goals training or otherwise. [/quote]