T Nation

Any Web Developers?

I need a host for my cousin that can meet the following criteria:

1. .Net framework 3.5 for running.

2. DB used is SQL Server 2005

3. Site will have flash and java script content on it

4. Traffic for one of the subdomains would be enormous, but for the top level domain it should not be much.

So far, I have narrowed it to SiteGround and Gate. I know I need to ask them myself if they would place nice with the above requirements, but I’m curious if anyone has any experience that would point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

I use www.seekdotnet.com - Not sure how they compare price wise to your other options but their servers are fast and they give good tech support.

What’s the project?

Discountasp.net is recommended by Microsoft.

[quote]Renton wrote:
I use www.seekdotnet.com - Not sure how they compare price wise to your other options but their servers are fast and they give good tech support.

What’s the project? [/quote]

I believe the current project is an online marketplace for autos. Do you know if they support .Net v3.5?

I will check them out, thanks!

At my last job we used DiscountAsp.net to host sites for our clients. I didn’t deal with getting hosting setup but I’m almost positive they’ll have everything you need.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Renton wrote:

What’s the project?

I believe the current project is an online marketplace for autos. Do you know if they support .Net v3.5?

I will check them out, thanks![/quote]

From their site…

3 GB disk space
30 GB bandwidth
1 Site Builder Account
MySQL & 1 MSSQL 2005
1 Hosted MSSQL 2005 Express
ASP.NET 1 ,.NET 2 and ASP.NET 3.5
Suitable to host DotNetNuke website
Windows 2008 and IIS 7 Hosting
Full ASP.NET AJAX Support
NEW .NET Framework 3.0 Hosting
Smarter Stats Software
Smarter Mail Software
24/7 Support
FROM $9 PER MONTH

They have good web stats and a great control panel system.

Discountasp.net looks very similar - Less web space but more bandwidth. Prices look similar but Discountasp doesn’t appear to include SQL server in its standard package (you have to add it on) and I cannot see on their site how much it costs extra.

Still looks potential.