T Nation

Any Way Around Cost of BCAAs?

I’m already on a tight budget and having to spend an assload of money on BCAAs is killing me right now. They are on the chopping block of my budget.

Anything I can do to cut the cost? Any ghetto online store or something?

Bulk powder…

You said ghetto online store! Don’t think I’d trust those guys anyway!

[quote]BiG BeN wrote:
Bulk powder…

You said ghetto online store! Don’t think I’d trust those guys anyway![/quote]

they’ll be back next week. same time, different corner.

the price of bulk BCAA on the net is $40/kg. the powder itself tastes bad and mixes not so good. Biotest BCAA is 300g/$28, so that is $93/kg. it might be a tad pricey, but it is probably not worth anyone’s while to sell BCAA tabs for less than $65/kg.

note: for this analysis, i compared bulk 2:1:1 BCAA powder. Biotest has a ‘special’ blend of 1.8:1:1.2. i am under the impression that it is more expensive to purchase the powder of individual BCAAs than the premix even at bulk. also there is a high probability that the cheap BCAA is from china and the Biotest stuff is sourced elsewhere (ie: domestic).

The answer is simple: either don’t take as much, or don’t take it at all. If you’re strapped for cash, use your money to buy good food and maybe some protein powder. Add in other stuff when you have money.

my nutrionist has me on 6g - but im 155lbs. i only take it after my last workout for the day, in my PWO shake. hope it helps anyway…

[quote]Politico wrote:
I’m already on a tight budget and having to spend an assload of money on BCAAs is killing me right now. They are on the chopping block of my budget.

Anything I can do to cut the cost? Any ghetto online store or something?[/quote]

what do you need bcaa’s for?

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
what do you need bcaa’s for?[/quote]

Maybe because they work very well when used correctly?

You could get a capping machine and if you shopped around you could probably find a 1k pack of size 000 caps for a cost effective price.