Any Vital Supplements?

I just want to say that I wish oranges were easier to eat (I’ve tried the hacks and they’re poop) and that it didn’t leave a citrusy smell on your hands. Which sounds like it would be a good thing but is not

I would like to eat an orange like an apple and I think I could get that done but it would come with a stigma that would be too hard to shake. I eat peppers like apples - the sideways glances, the comments, the conversations that stop when I come into a room, the whispers… Orange would be way worse.

Anyway, I add zinc and vitamin D and of course protein powder is a great supplement

1 Like

I completely agree

1 Like

Research on glucosamine to help arthritis shows no benefit. The link to joint pain relief is due to its binding effect on lectins, which helps negate the impact of the lectins on gut permeability and, hence, the autoimmune response that leads to inflammation.

1 Like

Good to know thanks!

I would think this T Nation article stimulated the OP’s thread.
So, maybe this might be a good reference place to start. It seems to separate those nutrients that you would get through a normal diet from those you would be harder pressed to ingest daily.

why are you using 4000iu a day if your 2 hr / day into the sun ?

I am 67 so my suggestions may not apply. You did not state your age. Yes that is important. My anti aging clinic recommends D3 CoQ10 and fish oil. I eat a low carb high protein and good fat diet. No omega 6 only omega 3 oils.
There are 3 things you need to monitor for not only good health but to extend your life. Hormone levels thru blood testing, your diet, and your exercise regiment.

What do you eat that has no omega 6 fatty acids?
You don’t eat chicken or beef?

As I understand it we should strive to reach a 2:1 omega 6 to omega 3 ratio. Even 4:1 isn’t bad.

My levels on blood tests (done quarterly) still come out on the lower end

Strange

1 Like

Sorry I was suggesting omega 3 oils. I’ll edit my post.

You don’t intentionally take any omega 9 fatty acid oils? (monosaturated fats)

What about hyaluronic acid tablets & cissus for joint health?