Any Use for Carb Powder?

Any benefit in using it in my PW shake? Maybe to help restore glycogen supplies? Has anyone used it as a supplement with any success? Thanks in advance.

That is hilarious.

How much is it? This is one of those things that you think no one will buy, and then there it is.

Maybe there’s some magic chemical in it. But if it’s just powdered fructose or sucrose… pass.

EDIT: Did research, it’s basically $25 for 64 servings of 30g low glycemic carbs. I would recommend oatmeal instead.

my clueless stepdad bought it to use for his tennis so he doesnt cramp or some bs but i just thought id ask about it. I thought it was a joke too.

[quote]LCCHSathlete wrote:
my clueless stepdad bought it to use for his tennis so he doesnt cramp or some bs but i just thought id ask about it. I thought it was a joke too.[/quote]

yes its a joke
some of these things are just sugar or some form of it
why not drink a gatoraid it tastes better
but oatmeal is better in the morning

skip of this stuff

I’m going to start bottling sugar and selling it as a supplement. For all us Americans who don’t get enough carbs.

[quote]MtbKid wrote:
I’m going to start bottling sugar and selling it as a supplement. For all us Americans who don’t get enough carbs.[/quote]

they have that
its called mt dew
sorry to tell ya that

My maltodextrin looks like that pic (1st post)

[quote]nichaaron wrote:
MtbKid wrote:
I’m going to start bottling sugar and selling it as a supplement. For all us Americans who don’t get enough carbs.

they have that
its called mt dew
sorry to tell ya that[/quote]

Just because something has already been successfully marketed doesn’t mean you can’t enter it and sell another completely useless product.

Before Mountain Dew, there was Coke.

So if the OP makes his sugar drink, but names it something catchy like ‘CytoPlex, Ultra WeightGainer’, it should sell successfully.

Just goto walmart and buy the “super creatine” mix by body fortress. its really cheap stuff and its dextrose which is a very hi gi carb PLUS it has 5g of creatine. The whole idea is to spike insulin levels post workout to allow the uptake of nutrients like creatine and protien into the cells. After my lifting ill drink a shake thats 1 scoop creatine/dextrose and 1 scoop of whey protien. Then 1 hour later i will eat a balanced meal.

i’d rather eat some rice or potatoes , it’s more filling withe the same -if not better - efect

[quote]dyskee wrote:
i’d rather eat some rice or potatoes , it’s more filling withe the same -if not better - efect[/quote]

Complex carbs (your rice and potatoes) and simple carbs (dextrose for example) have a different impact on your body so your statement that they have the same if not better effect isn’t accurate.

There is a time and a place for each.

i thought white potatoes were simple??

[quote]dyskee wrote:
i thought white potatoes were simple??[/quote]

Fair enough, I’ll rephrase it:

All but one or two types of potatoes have a lower GI number than dextrose and all are lower than glucose. The glycemic load is also higher for dextrose and glucose (per gram) than it is for potatoes.

Potatoes will increase blood sugar at a slower rate then dextrose, glucose or the other recovery sugars so the insulin response will be delayed.

To answer the OP.

If you have it around the house, and you are not dieting(even better if you are trying to add weight), sure take it while you work out. I would add some BCAA or Whey Isolate.

But the other replies are correct too. If you feel like it helps your training, then replace it with powdered gatorade (costco or sams club if possible) or even pure dextrose and maltodexdrin are available for a $3-$4 a bag in bulk at health food grocers. With a measuring cup you should be able to match the ingredients for a fraction of the price.

Whole food is always better when available for before and even after training but its a little inconvenient to carry a pocket full of potatoes while trining---- plus the liquid will help you stay hydrated…

(Surge is great for immediately after if available)