Any TRT Success Stories?

I would love to hear some success stories from people who are doing really well, feeling great and have been so for some time now.

I guess it’s obvious that these people are not on the forum as much and it’s really only the people with some way to go who are here, but it seems like all I read are threads of people who still feel like shit after years of different trt protocols! I honk it would be awesome for us still trying to get it all figured out to hear that it can all work out!

1 Like

Plenty of successful TRT practitioners in here. We are all trying to keep up with new information that comes in from scientific research so sometimes it seems like it is ever changing but it just fine tuning. Personally TRT saved my marriage. I was in such a bad place pre TRT. Constant yelling and fighting with my wife. Always feeling unrested and tired. Falling asleep at the dinner table or at my desk at work. Zero performance in the gym despite dedication. I started getting my T checked at my yearly physical about 4 years ago (never getting above 400 but in the “normal” range) and noticed a steady decline. Once it hit mid 200’s for two consecutive tests (I was talking T with my doc at this point) he said I could give T a try and see if I had any relief. The initial protocol of 100mg every 14 days was awful (had me feeling worse) but eventually worked up to 125mg a week which I break out into 62.5mg every 3.5 days. Now I feel youthful at 46, never fight with my wife, hit PRs all the time in the gym, am dropping fat (down 3 pants sizes), better dad to my kids, a lot more energy and libido as well. TRT fixed just about everything that was a problem. Pulled me immediately out of depression once I was getting the proper dose.

Is it perfect? Nope. I still have bouts of tiredness here and there and Id like my gut to show more signs of going away but I know I am on the right path.

That’s awesome @NH_Watts, exactly what I’m after.
One of my main reasons is also to be a better dad for my boys. I’m fed up of lacking motivation and energy.
Glad it’s on track for you

1 Like

I’ve been a TRT patient for almost five years. My wife and I started this (BHRT) together. It’s been great for both of us. I’ve lost about 15-20 lbs of fat and gained 10-15 lbs of muscle. Lost five inches from my waist. This occurred about six months in. Did not make any lifestyle changes, we’ve always eaten well and done strength training, which means barbell training to me. We just got our hormones back to healthy young person levels. We’ve both achieved all the expected benefits.

My total test was around 330 when I started. I don’t recall all the other numbers. My doctor does this exclusively. I take 200mg testosterone (alternating from both cypionate and enanthate at times) injections at a frequency of once per week. Anastrozole is 1-2mg per week. My total test ranges from 900-1100 (1108 once) and free test 200-300 (300 once). I’m usually around 900/200. E2 has never been an issue, it runs between 21-28. I’ve used hCG a couple of times over the last two years, six weeks each, really just to see what I would get from it. I’m using sermorelin now and very happy with the results I get from that.

If anyone younger was interested in advice, I’d say don’t wait. My wife and I both wish we did this sooner, like in our 40s.

did you find a good endo?

im 26 :frowning:

That’s brilliant @highpull. I take it you are a fairly high shbg guy?

I meet with my third Endo today. We shall see.

Also, I’ve been on TRT for 9 months but only dialed in for around 6 months.

any reasons why endo over clinic?

Yes. This is the request of my wife. And if it was my way I would just manage my own T and pay for my own labs. All the copays, driving into the city, and time off from work is probably more expensive than running my own labs every 3 months. The test cyp costs me $20 a month.

gotta make the wife happy! hope you find what youre looking for

1 Like

I’ve been on TRT 14 months and starting having problems with estrogen after the first 6 months, working with Defy Medical and my anastrozole was just increased and am feeling much better.

Protocol is 20mg EOD, anastrozole .250 EOD together with my injections and ipamorelin injected in my belly every night before bed. I feel good and erections are starting up again and energy is improving.

may i ask why you started feeling bad and what changed everything? high e2?

I’ve read about this happening to others, several months after starting TRT estrogen gets out of control. You have to remember you body is going through changes within the first year so the dosage you start out on is likely not going to be the dosage you end up on later in the year.

Sometimes the opposite happens, a guy with require an AI early on and later find out that his body is more efficient and doesn’t need the AI any longer. If you are working with a knowledgeable doctor these little hiccups will be remedied quickly and painlessly.

Just curious if your docs prescribed these and what sort or results you’ve had?

Most won’t see results on ipamorelin until 3 weeks at the soonest, only been about 2 weeks.

Mid 25s.

Yes, TRT doctor prescribed. Results? Sleep better, actually through the night. Joints, significantly better. Allows for better work outs. Lost 3-4 lbs at first, but looked bigger, then gained the weight back plus a couple lbs, all muscle and I have veins (that show) in my arms, shoulders and legs. I was a weightlifter, not a bodybuilder, never had veins. Great stuff for me.

Trt has been a life saver for me. From day one. I was in a bad place pre trt. I had pretty much given up. I thought that’s just how a 36 year old man with a family is supposed to feel. Tired. In pain all the time. Suffering with ED occasionally. Everyone I talked to said “it happens to everybody sometimes”. I accepted that until the depression started spiraling. Finally saw a doctor and pulled blood. I’ll never regret trt. It has drastically increased my quality of life. From day one.

4 Likes