Any TN Psychonauts?

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
Anyone interested in it or is (was) one?

I refer to the drug thing…

DOC? Experiences, etc…let’s hear it.[/quote]

Cocaine doesn’t count. Psychonaut is someone who uses psychedelics to explore places of the psych that you don’t get to visit during normal mode of consciousness . You don’t really “go” anywhere with stimulants. So yes they take drugs - HALLUCINOGENS to be exact.

For my entire life now people had assumed that I took drugs. But I never tried anything until this year. So far I had experienced with LSD, shrooms, weed, cocaine, speed, MDMA, and Ketamine.

The only thing that I would keep experimenting is LSD…everything else I tried, and don’t see the need to keep trying. Every trip had made profound changes to the way I think and live.

ps. Weed is excellent for bulking.

[quote]digitalairair wrote:

Anyone interested in it or is (was) one?

I refer to the drug thing…

DOC? Experiences, etc…let’s hear it.[/quote]

Cocaine doesn’t count. Psychonaut is someone who uses psychedelics to explore places of the psych that you don’t get to visit during normal mode of consciousness . You don’t really “go” anywhere with stimulants. So yes they take drugs - HALLUCINOGENS to be exact.

For my entire life now people had assumed that I took drugs. But I never tried anything until this year. So far I had experienced with LSD, shrooms, weed, cocaine, speed, MDMA, and Ketamine.

The only thing that I would keep experimenting is LSD…everything else I tried, and don’t see the need to keep trying. Every trip had made profound changes to the way I think and live.

ps. Weed is excellent for bulking.
[/quote]
This man gets it

I tried mushrooms once and it definitely had an impact on my thinking. Only reason I haven’t done it more is lack of access.
I would probably still be doing MDMA if it wasn’t for the terrible feeling of coming off of it that I experienced.

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:
I tried mushrooms once and it definitely had an impact on my thinking. Only reason I haven’t done it more is lack of access.
[/quote]

Same here.

This feels kind of weird to say, but I felt amazing after doing mushrooms. That’s AFTER, not DURING. For days I felt a kind of deep inner happiness and peace, and a feeling that things would be ok. Beyond that, it gets hard to put into words. I wish I’d taken notes or something. Whatever my mindset was at the time, I’ve lost it now. That was years ago.

To give a bit of context, I am not someone that does drugs often. I generally find drug culture (that is to say people that use drugs regularly to get fucked up) distasteful.

If I had the chance to take shrooms again, I’d take them alone in my house, or in a bit of nature somewhere.

LSD I didn’t like as much. As someone said earlier, 10-12 hours is exhausting, and I didn’t get as much from it. It was definitely entertaining though.

Don’t know if this counts but my earliest memory from childhood at the age of three was a fever due to mumps. It was a terrifying experience. The slightest noises like the ruffling of my bedsheets when I moved sounded incredibly loud and distorted. I had frightening hallucinations including a seeing a lady pushing a black pram along our upstairs hallway. May not sound frightening but at the time I believed it was an evil presence.

My parents called a physician who lives nearby and I was placed in a cold bath whereupon I shivered uncontrollably and experienced more frightening hallucinations. My temperature went through the roof but began to drop before hospitalisation was required. This experience is still vivid in my memory and I occassionally have nightmares where I relive the experience. Maybe not a ‘pyschonautic experience’ but one that had a profound affect on me that lasts to this day.

[quote]digitalairair wrote:

[/quote]

Yep, but I’m not a big fan of the word hallucinogen, because it suggest to the inexperienced that the key purpose of psychedelics is to make you see/hear/feel stuff that “isn’t there”. Anyway…

Why do you feel LSD is useful for you and not the others? From the stories I read, the ketamine/k-hole can result in profound experiences in some.

Can you elaborate on the changes it produced? While I don’t dismiss this easily at all, I’m a bit skeptical in general. While people clearly have all sorts of “epiphanies” during drug experiences, people don’t change easily.

ps: the last point is not only directed at DA but everyone. Please chime in.

you are right people don’t change easily but you have to put use what you learned from the experience. If you had an epiphany about something you should try to apply what you learned for the better.
Honestly, I think these are things that could let people form deeper bonds with each other because you have to lose your ego in order to experience anything Worthwhile.

Although neccessary for survival and progression the Ego is beneficial, it also has drawbacks when it comes to trusting others and remaining objective on certain issues.

lol

[quote]asusvenus wrote:

lol[/quote]

haha - this really supports our case here about life changes and stuff.

[quote]asusvenus wrote:

lol[/quote]

haha - this really supports our case here about life changes and stuff.[/quote]

actually he just looks like an idiot.

[quote]StevenF wrote:

haha - this really supports our case here about life changes and stuff.[/quote]

actually he just looks like an idiot. [/quote]

No shit. Sarcasm isn’t your strong point, is it?

I have tried lots of drugs.

LSD
Shrooms
Weed/hash/hash-oil/hash-opium/
Mdma/MDEA/MDA
K
Coke
Meth

I must say LSD let me into the trip zone but only when I started taking MDMA did life change dramaticly for me. It altered my life in a profound way that I do not even need drugs anymore. I can just picture it in my mind and I am there. Guess I did some damage I dunno.

Would I do it again. I don’t think so.

I did a lot of mushrooms and lsd when I was younger.

Unfortunately I missed out on the part where I felt like I discovered a new universe hidden behind the thin veil of “reality”. I just wanted to get fucked up.

I’ve watched MSNBC on occasion. Does that count?

I’ve tried a few and some combinations. I just let experience take me where it would each time I tried it. I’ve also just done it because I wanted drugs. Obviously, the latter is not at all a good thing, but it was a phase I passed relatively quickly fortunately.

Here’s the list and combinations:
LSD+weed
-Acid really doesn’t have much effect on me compared to others. Just mild distortions in patterns and a high with everything feeling more intense.

shrooms+X+weed
Not much visual here, but whenever something brushed up against me that feeling would ‘echo’. Mostly, I was just really really happy.

LSD+DXM+weed
-This was kind of crazy. Got to the point where my ego was starting to dissolve like the feeling of disembodiment but never quite got there. I was looking at a painting and it was turning into all sorts of things it wasn’t. It also made it extremely difficult to see things in there whole. I could only see things in there various parts. Like… when looking at pictures I would see a chair, I saw individual pieces of wood and concept of chair barely made sense and only when I focused hard.

morning glory seeds+weed
Really mellow with mild visual distortions. Best enjoyed outside. There’s so much calm, it makes it easier to tackle difficult issues because the panic and distress isn’t there.

morning glory+dxm+weed
The most visual one. Some things were tall, some were small, some really wide. Depth perception non existent because I couldn’t tell if objects were big or just close. Looked like the ceiling was coming down. This was moderate doses of both, nothing extreme.

various amounts of dxm+weed
-It’s just a drunk+high feeling at low doses where insight and different perspective is impossible. At really high doses, it’s very dreamlike. Something a couple feet away can literally look like it’s two football fields away. It can force you think about some things you normally don’t think about which can be neat or scary.

One time, it made me ask deep questions about what kind of legacy I would lead and where my biggest struggles were and where I came from. I’d go into more detail but it’s all pretty personal.

Another time, I listened to an entire music album that I didn’t actually listen to and watched cartoons I didn’t actually watch.

Yet another, I lied down and closed my eyes I couldn’t feel anything except my heartbeat and even that was very very faint. That included not being able to feel myself breathe. It was like my self was trying to exit my body, but never quite happened.

Before these ‘adventures’ I took a lot of psyche meds for depression. Ever since these experiences, I’ve been able to change my perspective and make a way to either solve or at least endure life problems I’ve had including a couple very tragic events that occurred afterwards.

I haven’t done anything like those things for years, but I wouldn’t completely discount the possibility of doing it in the future. I just haven’t felt the desire or the need and I feel that doing these types of things purely to get f’d up or when you’re not ready is entirely irresponsible. These drugs are powerful and can have strong lasting effects. I don’t recommend this type of thing to everybody. And every person that I’ve known who have done acid or other psychadelics hundreds of times just aren’t all there and in a very sad way too. A couple to a few times a year would be the max recommendation if these types of drugs are taken in a responsible setting.

Thanks for sharing that Fletch.

Here is short description of some guy’s most intense drug experience. I think it shows the fantastic possibilities of psychedelics as well as the dangers:

"Although I could ramble on about this particular trip for awhile, the highest/farthest I’ve gone by a wide margin was insnuffulating about 1/3 gram of DMT at the peak of a 10 gram cubensis trip, when I was alone in the wilderness. It’s just totally unfathomable what happened after I took that line. I became exponentially higher and higher by the moment after it started to kick in. It became apparent to me that something was going to give, and that I was going to die; that being as high as I was, was not compatible with living. I died and became one with God for (seemingly) eternity. I flew around my body, able to see it from all perspectives, unable to ‘do’ anything with it, which was terrifying. Soon the whole concept of ‘I’ completely vanished, and everything just was.

The magnitude of beauty I witnessed is simply unspeakable . Everything was utterly familiar; I wasn’t someplace new, I was back again. Is was perfection in every way: perfect understanding, perfect beauty. I recall being given the choice between staying there or living in my body. I was so awestruck upon coming down that I couldn’t do much but babble incoherently. Didn’t know if I was actually alive, didn’t know what day it was even; think being born again. Nobody there to tell me I was alright. After an experience this intense, you don’t know what the fuck has happened to you! Long story short, it scared the absolute shit out of me. I nearly swore off all drugs forever. I was certain that I had died and seen the beyond, and am still not convinced that I haven’t."

DXM?? does that count?? oh and soo much coke!

[quote]E901 wrote:
DXM?? does that count?? oh and soo much coke![/quote]

If you take enough. In fact, those experiences were more powerful than any others I’ve had.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]E901 wrote:

If you take enough. In fact, those experiences were more powerful than any others I’ve had. [/quote]

Yeah I ended up in the hospital after taking too much while on SSRI’s… bad idea…very bad idea

[quote]E901 wrote:

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]E901 wrote:

If you take enough. In fact, those experiences were more powerful than any others I’ve had. [/quote]

Yeah I ended up in the hospital after taking too much while on SSRI’s… bad idea…very bad idea[/quote]

Were you going like crazy or did you get extremely sick?