Any TN Psychonauts?

I’m not entirely against a critical discussion, but if you don’t have anything original or intelligent to say, just leave it alone.

@asusvenus: DMT sounds awesome but also scary. Never did it myself. Don’t you easily forget what you have experienced on it? I’m interested in 4-Aco-DMT though. Not in the same ballpark but similar I guess.

@rds63799: shrooms are nice. People use smaller doses of Special K for clubbing, no? Higher dosages and the possibility to find the (in)famous k-hole sounds cool but again scary.

@gangstpmp3: Forget about the arguing and rather tell us something about your experiences.

yeah you can club on K but I think it lends itself better to the after party. Quite easy to overdo it and collapse into the K hole everyone seems so scared of. K holes aren’t actually all that bad, you just kind of lie there in a dream, and you’re thinking “Who is talking all that shit?” then you realise it’s you! Can be pretty funny.

the trick to having a good time on ket is just to take TINY amounts at a time

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Yeah, I never liked it when people said they “experimented” with drugs like they’re some sort of scientist that’s just trying to be objective about the things they ingest.
C’mon, you were getting fucked up becaause it felt good.

Psychonauts isn’t much better a term.[/quote]

I totally agree with this. I always hated the pretentious, “consciousness expansion” or whatever hipster types claimed from drug use.

I like to giggle, drugs make me giggle.[/quote]

“A single high dose of the hallucinogen psilocybin, the active ingredient in so-called â??magic mushrooms,â?? was enough to bring about a measureable personality change lasting at least a year in nearly 60 percent of the 51 participants”

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Yeah, I never liked it when people said they “experimented” with drugs like they’re some sort of scientist that’s just trying to be objective about the things they ingest.

I totally agree with this. I always hated the pretentious, “consciousness expansion” or whatever hipster types claimed from drug use.

“A single high dose of the hallucinogen psilocybin, the active ingredient in so-called â??magic mushrooms,â?? was enough to bring about a measureable personality change lasting at least a year in nearly 60 percent of the 51 participants”

[/quote]
These changes were for the better. If used responsibly they are just what some people need. I think alot of the negative views some have is because not many people here use them with meditative insight in mind. They are not using it like say for example a tribe from the amazon that has perfected the experience from hundreds of years of use and is not using it to get “fucked up”, they treat it with more respect

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

“A single high dose of the hallucinogen psilocybin, the active ingredient in so-called Ã?¢??magic mushrooms,Ã?¢?? was enough to bring about a measureable personality change lasting at least a year in nearly 60 percent of the 51 participants”

[/quote]
These changes were for the better. If used responsibly they are just what some people need. I think alot of the negative views some have is because not many people here use them with meditative insight in mind. They are not using it like say for example a tribe from the amazon that has perfected the experience from hundreds of years of use and is not using it to get “fucked up”, they treat it with more respect

[/quote]

Yes, because those tribes are just full of great ideas.

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[/quote]

dun dun DUNNN

it’s been a few years since I last indulged so I’m probably ok…

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

“A single high dose of the hallucinogen psilocybin, the active ingredient in so-called Ã??Ã?¢??magic mushrooms,Ã??Ã?¢?? was enough to bring about a measureable personality change lasting at least a year in nearly 60 percent of the 51 participants”

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Right and we are so full of good ideas;see Jackass and Ridiculousness, And every Society has a rite of passage to manhood. Be it your first beer, strip club, or dumb stunt.

Still doesn’t take away from the fact that EVIDENCE was presented that showed the compounds are beneficial in certain situations. Please stay on Topic of HALLUCINOGENS not ANTS.

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

“A single high dose of the hallucinogen psilocybin, the active ingredient in so-called Ã???Ã??Ã?¢??magic mushrooms,Ã???Ã??Ã?¢?? was enough to bring about a measureable personality change lasting at least a year in nearly 60 percent of the 51 participants”

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Right and we are so full of good ideas;see Jackass and Ridiculousness, And every Society has a rite of passage to manhood. Be it your first beer, strip club, or dumb stunt.[/quote]

What is the rite of passage to manhood in the U.S.?

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/single_dose_of_hallucinogen_may_create_lasting_personality_change

“A single high dose of the hallucinogen psilocybin, the active ingredient in so-called Ã???Ã???Ã??Ã?¢??magic mushrooms,Ã???Ã???Ã??Ã?¢?? was enough to bring about a measureable personality change lasting at least a year in nearly 60 percent of the 51 participants”

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Right and we are so full of good ideas;see Jackass and Ridiculousness, And every Society has a rite of passage to manhood. Be it your first beer, strip club, or dumb stunt.[/quote]

What is the rite of passage to manhood in the U.S.?[/quote]
I think it varies depending if you grew up in the ghetto or suburbs. But, generally Alcohol and Strip clubs seem to be the norm.

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

“A single high dose of the hallucinogen psilocybin, the active ingredient in so-called Ã???Ã???Ã???Ã??Ã?¢??magic mushrooms,Ã???Ã???Ã???Ã??Ã?¢?? was enough to bring about a measureable personality change lasting at least a year in nearly 60 percent of the 51 participants”

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it varies depending if you grew up in the ghetto or suburbs. But, generally Alcohol and Strip clubs seem to be the norm.
[/quote]

There is no such rite of passage.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

My one and only experience using hallucinogenics was mushrooms and they not “make you feel good” nor do they “fuck you up” and they indeed do “expand your consciousness”.

It is amazing what the human brain can do if you remove the filters.

Plus, if there is anything that drives the point home that what you normally experience is also an illusion, its when you start to see music in the form of colors.

The brain can do that, it just doesnt for most people.

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:

[/quote]

Thats a shitty rite of passage.

In some ways we are barbarians.

Lol yeah we like to bullshit ourselves that we are morally and ethically far above our base animal instincts. We are Not and never will be.

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

“A single high dose of the hallucinogen psilocybin, the active ingredient in so-called Ã???Ã???Ã???Ã???Ã??Ã?¢??magic mushrooms,Ã???Ã???Ã???Ã???Ã??Ã?¢?? was enough to bring about a measureable personality change lasting at least a year in nearly 60 percent of the 51 participants”

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There is no such rite of passage.[/quote]
Not officially of course. like I said it varies.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

“A single high dose of the hallucinogen psilocybin, the active ingredient in so-called Ã?¢??magic mushrooms,Ã?¢?? was enough to bring about a measureable personality change lasting at least a year in nearly 60 percent of the 51 participants”

[/quote]

dun dun DUNNN

it’s been a few years since I last indulged so I’m probably ok…[/quote]

The personality changes were positive. The other links demonstrate that mushrooms are useful in treating depression and helping patients with terminal illness accept death. I was refuting the notion that the only reason anyone would take psychoactives is to ‘get fucked up’.

[quote]orion wrote:

Plus, if there is anything that drives the point home that what you normally experience is also an illusion, its when you start to see music in the form of colors.

[/quote]

When I’m manic I can see music and smell colors. Now I take pills so that DOESN’T happen.

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

When I’m manic I can see music and smell colors. Now I take pills so that DOESN’T happen.[/quote]

So you are changing your brain chemistry to achieve a desired effect?

Mmmmmmhhhh…

What does green smell like?

Well all I’m saying is to at least look at the facts then make a decision. Compare side effects with currently prescribed drugs such as Xanax, Zoloft, Paxil, Prozac, etc…, long-term satisfaction with the medication, amount of medication needed to be effective. You only need to do mushrooms a couple of times compared to everyday use of the other medications to see results. Though that wouldn’t go over well with the Big pharmaceutical companies. Not that they care about actually helping people though.

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:
Still doesn’t take away from the fact that EVIDENCE was presented that showed the compounds are beneficial in certain situations. Please stay on Topic of HALLUCINOGENS not ANTS.[/quote]

What ants?