T Nation

Any TN Psychonauts?

Anyone interested in it or is (was) one?

I refer to the drug thing…

DOC? Experiences, etc…let’s hear it.

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
Anyone interested in it or is (was) one?

I refer to the drug thing…

DOC? Experiences, etc…let’s hear it.[/quote]

I used to snort a lot of cocaine. Does that count? What about lying on the floor for hours at a time in a puddle of my own puke and piss? Does that count as meditation?

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I used to snort a lot of cocaine. Does that count? What about lying on the floor for hours at a time in a puddle of my own puke and piss? Does that count as meditation?[/quote]

  1. No.
  2. Yes.

is a psychonaut just someone that takes drugs?

I used to like me some recreational drugs, kinda grown out of it a bit now though…

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
is a psychonaut just someone that takes drugs?

I used to like me some recreational drugs, kinda grown out of it a bit now though…[/quote]

No, not just any recreational drug. Psychedelic drugs. Think acid, shrooms, dmt, etc. and not cocaine, heroin, meth, amp, etc.

no I am an adult with responsibilities and I need my brain to be functional.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
no I am an adult with responsibilities and I need my brain to be functional. [/quote]

You are my hero. Why are you on T-Nation and post in this thread? You could be taking out the trash or do some other cool stuff adults do.

I’ll be trying some “Ayahuasca” in a few weeks. Tried DMT about 6 months ago, I liked it, but I felt that the come up was a bit too fast for me, hence going for ayahuasca instead. Hoping for an awesome experience.

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:

[quote]StevenF wrote:
no I am an adult with responsibilities and I need my brain to be functional. [/quote]

You are my hero. Why are you on T-Nation and post in this thread? You could be taking out the trash or do some other cool stuff adults do.[/quote]

don’t you have some drugs to be doing?

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
is a psychonaut just someone that takes drugs?

I used to like me some recreational drugs, kinda grown out of it a bit now though…[/quote]

No, not just any recreational drug. Psychedelic drugs. Think acid, shrooms, dmt, etc. and not cocaine, heroin, meth, amp, etc. [/quote]

ah ok, yeah I messed about with hallucinogens back in the day. Liberty Cap mushrooms grow in the fields back where I live, so every autumn my mates and I would get stuck into those. Haven’t done them for a while though.

Acid is fun but lasts a little too long for my taste. After 12 hours of it I kinda started wishing it would stop. Crazy insomnia on it too.

Ketamine was a bit of a guilty pleasure for a while, but again, it’s a young man’s game really. All my mates are too old and responsible now to want to take it with me!

Rum is my drug of choice these days, although I will still occasionally take a smoke at a party or a pill in a nightclub…

“StevenF” typed as soberly as Pat Boone: “no I am an adult with responsibilities and I need my brain to be functional.”

Yet your so-called functional Brain forgot to capitalize the first letter in your sentence,
and forgot the comma after the word “no”.

People forget Francis Crick’s discovery of DNA while on LSD, and the early use of Drugs by Bill Gates,
Steve Jobs, The Conservative’s Conservative, William F. Buckley, legendary Astronomer Carl Sagan, etc.

You want me to go on? I gotta Ton of these Brother, so what are you talkin’ about?
Were these people’s Brains “functional”? I’d say they were, and you would you say the same,
which means you were broad brushing.

[quote]Karado wrote:
“StevenF” typed as soberly as Pat Boone: “no I am an adult with responsibilities and I need my brain to be functional.”

Yet your so-called functional Brain forgot to capitalize the first letter in your sentence,
and forgot the comma after the word “no”.

People forget Francis Crick’s discovery of DNA while on LSD, and the early use of Drugs by Bill Gates,
Steve Jobs, The Conservative’s Conservative, William F. Buckley, legendary Astronomer Carl Sagan, etc.

You want me to go on? I gotta Ton of these Brother, so what are you talkin’ about?
Were these people’s Brains “functional”? I’d say they were, and you would you say the same,
which means you were broad brushing.

[/quote]

no need to go on. thanks.

Don’t do drugs…drugs are bad mmmkay.

Yeah, I never liked it when people said they “experimented” with drugs like they’re some sort of scientist that’s just trying to be objective about the things they ingest.
C’mon, you were getting fucked up becaause it felt good.

Psychonauts isn’t much better a term.

Not all those drugs are for getting “fucked up” they are a method of acquiring insight into the self and the world. Take salvia for example, it doesn’t feel good but after the trip passes you get the “glow”, the positive feeling of spiritual insight. it’s hard to put these experiences into words, you kinda have to do it to understand it. You are either going to be open minded towards it and think it’s just drugs. Remember even MDMA was used for therapy. It was said to dramatically speed up the theraputic process.

*or think it is just drugs

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:
Not all those drugs are for getting “fucked up” they are a method of acquiring insight into the self and the world. Take salvia for example, it doesn’t feel good but after the trip passes you get the “glow”, the positive feeling of spiritual insight. it’s hard to put these experiences into words, you kinda have to do it to understand it. You are either going to be open minded towards it and think it’s just drugs. Remember even MDMA was used for therapy. It was said to dramatically speed up the theraputic process.[/quote]

Yeah, like all those Indians that used to be altar boys who smoke peyote because it is part of their religion. What you are describing is endorphins, it is a hormone not a spiritual insight. I’ve had both, they don’t feel the same at all.

Belief can be a strong motivator no doubt. I hate to use this word but replace “religious experience” with placebo effect and we can see what great power belief in something can have,And no it’s not endorphins, with MDMA and Mushrooms it allows you to bypass certain filters and processes in your thinking that allowing you to more objectively look at issues and the world. it’s not “hey I feel great”, the kind of reflection I’m talking about is similar to a very deep meditation.
The funny thing is you CAN reach the same insight through intense meditation. The Compounds are just a much quicker way of getting there.

Maybe God put it there for a reason.So WE could benefit from it and become a better and more understanding society.

[quote]Nards wrote:
Yeah, I never liked it when people said they “experimented” with drugs like they’re some sort of scientist that’s just trying to be objective about the things they ingest.
C’mon, you were getting fucked up becaause it felt good.

Psychonauts isn’t much better a term.[/quote]

I totally agree with this. I always hated the pretentious, “consciousness expansion” or whatever hipster types claimed from drug use.

I like to giggle, drugs make me giggle.