Any Studies On Creatine Loading?

Showing that you don’t need to load creatine? I hear that you don’t but is there any proof of that? And also should I take creatine in the morning because of this :

“This increase in plasma creatine content in turn increases the blood/muscle concentration gradient. Resultantly, more blood borne creatine is transported and trapped in the muscle cell. With a half-life of 1-1.5 hours, blood creatine levels remains elevated for a short time period (Havenetidis 2003).” The time span is obviously less at smaller doses. Therefore, relying on food for creatine isn’t going to give you nearly the same benefits. Taking it in the morning not only restores ATP, which is an issue obviously since metabolic catabolism occurs from eight hours of fasting, but also acts as a buffer for muscle acidity.

[quote]and1bball4mk wrote:
Showing that you don’t need to load creatine? I hear that you don’t but is there any proof of that? And also should I take creatine in the morning because of this :

“This increase in plasma creatine content in turn increases the blood/muscle concentration gradient. Resultantly, more blood borne creatine is transported and trapped in the muscle cell. With a half-life of 1-1.5 hours, blood creatine levels remains elevated for a short time period (Havenetidis 2003).” The time span is obviously less at smaller doses. Therefore, relying on food for creatine isn’t going to give you nearly the same benefits. Taking it in the morning not only restores ATP, which is an issue obviously since metabolic catabolism occurs from eight hours of fasting, but also acts as a buffer for muscle acidity.

[/quote]

Well there’s evidence that the majority of creatine consumed during loading is excreted, most people don’t care. After all, creatine is cheap enough that it doesn’t matter anymore.

As far as morning consumption; if you’re spiking insulin, not training that day, and want to use creatine, then morning is ideal. The information given in original quote doesn’t apply once we’re loaded.

[The concept that quantity affects half-life is interesting]

Thanks Mr. Barr! Could you post some of that evidence, it’s not that I don’t belive you or anything I just need it for my own purposes.

Look up Kreider’s work on PubMed. I believe it was his group that performed the research.