Any Solo Training Powerlifters?

You could always train ‘alongside’ Bodybuilders, its not too contagious. Maybe even convert some of them!

[quote]rasturai wrote:
You can make a lot of progress on your own. There’s tons of strong guys that train alone. Sure it helps to have partners but this can’t be the case for many lifters including myself.

It’s all how serious you take it and how much you wanna get out of it.

It’s your own mind state, and you will learn good discipline training hard by yourself when there’s no one around to impress, to push you further. You learn good mental strength doing all these things by yourself with intensity with no1 to tell you to keep going. You fight the demons in your head to tell you to stop.

That’s why I like to train alone.

I’ve done 405x15 on squats before…all in my power rack. You can make tons of progress, it all depends on what you put in and how bad you want it. [/quote]

This is so true. Last fall I was training with a great PL team. I’m very socially motivated and it was a fantastic experience. Now I am back to training solo and the mental hurdles I have to overcome from going to a psychologically great environment to a personally less-than-ideal-to-say-the-least environment are pretty big. The practical issues I can overcome, it’s the mental aspect I really struggle with.