T Nation

Any Prime Rib Recipes?

I’ve only had prime rib once and it was damn good. Today I was a the grocery store and I saw some mighty good looking slabs of prime rib and I thought to myself “that looks fucking good. I wish I knew how the hell to cook it”.

That said, do any of you have any good methods that are tried and proven good for prime rib?If anyone could share it would be much appreciated. Photos and feedback will be provided once I get to making it. If you lived close enough I would gladly kick some down too. Thanks.

This is probably one of my favorites: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_29348,00.html

Only use half the salt called for, though.

Additionally, you can do something similar but omit the horseradish if you don’t like it.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
This is probably one of my favorites: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_29348,00.html

Only use half the salt called for, though.

Additionally, you can do something similar but omit the horseradish if you don’t like it.[/quote]

Thanks man, I’ll have to give it a try.

Being that we are on T-Nation and therefore health-consious, what’s the deal with using flour? Does the final step using the flour add some serious value to the dish in terms of taste? Just wondering.

[quote]mazevedo wrote:

Being that we are on T-Nation and therefore health-consious, what’s the deal with using flour? Does the final step using the flour add some serious value to the dish in terms of taste? Just wondering.
[/quote]

Yes, the flour is important, it thickens up the drippings, etc to make a pan gravy.

Primerib is awesome!

[quote]Uncle Fester wrote:
mazevedo wrote:

Yes, the flour is important, it thickens up the drippings, etc to make a pan gravy.[/quote]

Thanks for the imput. So even if I only want to try a taste of the gravy I should still definitely make it because I’m sure the rest of the people at the table will enjoy it. Good call.

[quote]Sikkario wrote:
Primerib is awesome![/quote]

Fo’ shizzle! Got any recipes from da hood you’d like to share?

BTW I like reading your posts all over T-Nation. You are probably as entertaining as Klip. Keep up the “good” work man.

Put some raw prime rib on a plate, walk it by the grill, and eat.

When I’m looking for a recipe I go to www.allrecipes.com, good site with thousands of recipes ranked by users.