T Nation

Any Point in Commenting in a Big Thread?

I see a lot of forum topics I’d like to make a comment on, but since there’s already like 20 pages worth of replies, there’s no chance I’ll have a meaningful interaction. Especially on a topic where my comment is number 56 or 78. So I thought of a unique topic like this one. If my topic is too similar to one that already exists, the mods will just add my comment to an existing forum that has like 20 or 30 pages worth of jabber already.

Getting in ‘on the ground floor’ of a thread is important. Johnny-come-latelies who comment on a topic on page 5 or higher will never even get noticed. I thought of posting on the prohormone thread once, but thought to myself what’s the point of writing a reply on the 75th page of comments? Better to just forget about it, and start a completely different topic, and try to forget the other one.

Woo Wa We Wa! Verrry Nice!

56 and 78 are pretty specific.

lol

No

My thought would be that if you post something worth reading people will read it and with time people will actually look for your posts.

But what do I know, I just post pictures.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
My thought would be that if you post something worth reading people will read it and with time people will actually look for your posts.

But what do I know, I just post pictures.[/quote]

This.

It doesn’t matter when you respond. If your posts become anything anyone gives a shit about, people will read it.

You can’t force people to pay attention to you.

But hey, you have ALL of our attention now…

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

This.

It doesn’t matter when you respond. If your posts become anything anyone gives a shit about, people will read it.

But hey, you have ALL of our attention now…[/quote]

Here you go X you may like this Pict.

It is something never seen before…the giant social quest for fame based on being average. It is why every jackass has a youtube channel when the truth is, I doubt 80% of them are anything more than wastes of time from the snow-flake crowd.

No, you don’t deserve praise for existing…and if you are truly knowledgeable, people will search you out.

That is why we discuss people posting pictures…because the same goes for the gym. No one cares that the super skinny guy thinks he is a master of bodybuilding if he has no muscle.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

This.

So that is why I am ignored…

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

This.

So that is why I am ignored…[/quote]

No its because you are an aTm fan. :slight_smile:

Hookem

Nobody reads my posts…

Meaningful interaction? Dude, this is the internet…

Looking for meaningful interaction on the internet is like searching for a bar of gold at the city dump.

Just because nobody replies directly to your post/response, doesn’t mean that nobody read it, or that the post’s contents don’t matter.

And on that note…just because somebody did reply to your post/response, doesn’t mean that they really read it, or that it -does- matter.

what did the OP even post?

do I care?

[quote]Edgy wrote:

do I care?[/quote]

I think the question is do you care that i just heard an awesome song?

Do I even care that i heard it?

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:

do I care?[/quote]

I think the question is do you care that i just heard an awesome song?

Do I even care that i heard it?
[/quote]

speaking of awesome songs -

Actually i was talking about this

[quote]benchaffleck wrote:
I see a lot of forum topics I’d like to make a comment on,

Just post what you have to say. There`s no point in taking a census to gauge how many people will actually read your words.

You don’t need a point to your posts or consideration to the timing of when you post.

It doesn’t even need to make grammatical sense or common sense.

It can be about something real or completely nonsensical.

Just ask RV.

Grow a pair of boobs. Post a “progress pic” as your avatar.

Every post you make will be met with comments such as:

1. “Great point, benchie!” (did I not mention you’ll get a nickname, too?)
  2. “LMAO” (even though it’s probably not that funny)
  3. Some comment about your tits (even if they’re not that great)
  4. Some comment about posting another pic of yourself (even if you’re not that hot)
  5. Some comment about that poster wanting to do whatever your post says… to you (even if it doesn’t make much sense)

In time, you will start to believe you are genuinely hilarious and insightful. You can say whatever you want and have AT LEAST three or four guys arguing in your defense no matter how inane your post actually was. You can routinely write in lobotomized-cat-speak and have people respond like it’s not totally obnoxious.

Or, you could, you know, actually say something smart.

inb4youallknowitsprettymuchtrue.png