T Nation

Any Pipe (Tobacco) Smokers?

Do any of you T-men or women enjoy smoking a pipe?

Just curious what blends high-T types like.

jim

I have a few pipes that I smoke a few times per month. I like a blend called Chuck’s Wagon which is available here:

http://www.humidorsat.com/

The website is not up to date and you can’t buy it over the web. But the order info is on the site and they will ship it to you.

I love rolling my own cigarettes. But I had to stop lying to myself that it wasn’t so bad and quit and I feel much better and can work with more (intrinsic) intensity at the gym…

Love the (tobacco) pipe. Very relaxing. I smoke maybe 3-4 days out of the year (I’ve actually only smoked once this entire year so far), but they are some of the most relaxing and entertaining days I’ve had. I’m hoping to get a churchwarden here sometime as well.

As for blends, nothing really incredibly rare. I enjoy a good Cavendish from time to time, but the current favorites are lighter, aromatic blends. There’s one I particularly like called Galley Gold. Also, some Amaretto is good. The smell as much as anything is what relaxes me.

At any rate, I basically love shooting the breeze with friends and enjoying a pint of beer along with my pipe. Or a good book such as Tolkien’s…

My personal favorite pipe blend would have to be black widow.

That or orange crush.

I like the blends at my local smoke shop. For the most part, the english blends have the most tobacco flavor, though Irish cream doesn’t taste too off.

[quote]midnightamnesia wrote:
I like the blends at my local smoke shop. For the most part, the english blends have the most tobacco flavor, though Irish cream doesn’t taste too off.[/quote]

Yeah, I prefer the English blends and straight Virginias.

jim

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Not a connoisseur but I do enjoy my pipe a few times a year. Smoking a cavendish now. [/quote]

A good cavendish aromatic is called “Devil’s Holiday” by Dan tobacco. It is berry flavored and a nice, cool smoke. I’m enjoying it as I type!

jim

nat sherman’s 509 and petersen’s special blend are some of my favorites. mccleland dark star, ashtonoriginal oldchurch and cao midnight ride are also very enjoyable.

i smoke about 6-10 bowls a year.

[quote]pkiousis wrote:
nat sherman’s 509 and petersen’s special blend are some of my favorites. mccleland dark star, ashtonoriginal oldchurch and cao midnight ride are also very enjoyable.

i smoke about 6-10 bowls a year.
[/quote]

McClelland’s has some good blends. I’ve had Peterson’s Connoisseur’s Choice and it was good for an aromatic.

jim

[quote]jpb wrote:
pushharder wrote:
Not a connoisseur but I do enjoy my pipe a few times a year. Smoking a cavendish now.

A good cavendish aromatic is called “Devil’s Holiday” by Dan tobacco. It is berry flavored and a nice, cool smoke. I’m enjoying it as I type!

jim

[/quote]

Thank you sir, that is now going on my ‘buy’ list. I’ve been missing the Cavendish for a while; this seems like the best of both worlds!

I have a couple pipes and use them from time to time, but the occasional cigar is more up my alley.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
I’m hoping to get a churchwarden here sometime as well.
[/quote]

Here is a source for a few LOTR-style churchwardens. I personally have the Ranger pipe. I find that smaller pipes can easily be held in the teeth if you want your hands free. Churchwardens usually have to be held in the hand as the length makes it difficult to hold with your teeth. But I still enjoy smoking it once in a while.

http://www.macqueenpipes.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=6

I like the taste and aromatic scent of some good kind-bud. It relaxes me.

www.frenchyspipes.com is a good site; he’s a good guy.

jim

I just love Bengal Slices Aromatic.

I would imagine I’m speaking for a few others when I say I’d definitely be interested in seeing some Figure Competitor pics where they’re smoking a pipe…cigars would be good too.