T Nation

Any One Thing

Given the recent talk about Utopia in the political forums, I got to thinking about the difficulties involved in trying to change things. Then I got to thinking about what it would be like if it were easier to change things.

If you could change any one thing, what would it be?

Although this sounds easy, it isn’t. What could you change that would be worth using up this ability? What makes one thing more desirable than another?

Do you cure some type of disease or sickness? Do you change or save the life of a significant individual? Do you pick a personal item and leave everything else as it is?

Unfortunately, if you change yourself so that you have the wisdom to make the “right” choice, you no longer have the ability to make the change. You’d have used your one thing.

Maybe that is enough if you find the thing that needs changing is something you can devote the rest of your life to. At least you’d perhaps get some satisfaction out of that.

If you did change something, if you actually made a choice, would you second guess yourself and wonder if you had done the right thing? Would you be able to live knowing you’d squandered this great gift when something more important showed up later?

Honestly, if something like this were possible, I’d be tempted to make myself immortal. Heck, if I did that not only could I worry about whether or not I had make the right choice, I could effectively do so forever.

Maybe it would be wise to give away all knowledge and memory of having this ability?

So, the question I put to you is this. If you were given the power to change any one thing, what would you change?

I want a 12" penis.

Being complacent. I am sure this could have many negative side-effects and the world could be overcome with greed, but imagine if everyone kept working to better themselves?

If each person set out to conquer a goal… conquered it and set a new goal… our society would be much more progressive.

I do have the power to change one thing. Myself. Thank god for that too.
At one point(and a very long one at that) I was a voilent, ignorant, self destructive train wreck of a human being.
So I changed one thing.
The cascade effect of that one change led to other changes though. The more things changed the more I had to adjust to those changes.
A few years later, everything was different.Different job, different friends, a whole different life.
So for me it wasn’t a matter of changing the world to acomodate the way I feel, it was a matter of changing the way I feel to acomodate the world.
Life is much better now.

That every individiual had to take an honest look at themselves and within themselves and not at the masks or illuusions that many have created!

It is much nicer to be around people that have somewhat done or gotten in touch with this then people who live a lie!

I’d wish for vroom to be the Supreme Leader; I’m sure he’d know what to do next.

:wink:

I would have people know their “true” selves, instead of the person that they think they are. Does that make sense? An example would be:

What the person thinks: “I’m a playa”

The truth: You are actually an emotional retard using sex as a distraction and an ego boost because nothing else you do in your life is worthwhile.

Most people are so self deluded and ignorant about themselves and what makes them tick that they unconsciously destroy their own potential. People like Mindeffer are a welcome exception to the rule. Props, bro!!

That proteinpowda won’t post every time he feels he’s accomplished some self actualization.

I’m 22 and I enjoy beer–how propine

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
That proteinpowda won’t post every time he feels he’s accomplished some self actualization.

I’m 22 and I enjoy beer–how propine[/quote]

Sasquatch - you crack me up!

[quote]sasquatch wrote:

I’m 22 and I enjoy beer–how propine[/quote]

I would have to agree with this… staunchly!

[quote]vroom wrote:
So, the question I put to you is this. If you were given the power to change any one thing, what would you change?[/quote]

Any politician who lied would lose an inch on his dick and gain one on his nose.

Having the elephant as the republican symbol would be so appropriate.

[quote]pookie wrote:
vroom wrote:
So, the question I put to you is this. If you were given the power to change any one thing, what would you change?

Any politician who lied would lose an inch on his dick and gain one on his nose.

Having the elephant as the republican symbol would be so appropriate.[/quote]

have you ever actually seen an elephant dick?

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

I’m 22 and I enjoy beer–how propine

I would have to agree with this… staunchly![/quote]

isn’t it nice how powda can bring so many people together???

Now that we’ve deviated to this:

That’s also why the ‘ASS’ is such a good representation of the Dems.

Not much for brains, a tad slow, and kinda that goofy way of talking out both sides of their mouth

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
have you ever actually seen an elephant dick?
[/quote]

Who told you my nickname?!

One thing for sure. Kid’s wouldn’t get terminal disease.

No terminal disease till your at least 25.

Innocents deserve a break.

Is this the politics forum, because I don’t remember asking for political submissions?

[quote]vroom wrote:
Is this the politics forum, because I don’t remember asking for political submissions?[/quote]

Oh no! A thread that vroom is associated with eventually gets hijacked and turned into a political playground.

Are you actually surprised it took almost 15 post for someone to break that seal?

[quote]vroom wrote:
Is this the politics forum, because I don’t remember asking for political submissions?[/quote]

We’ve gone off-topic in the “Off-Topic” forum… imagine that! :wink:

I second hedo’s submission.