I’ve been thinking about doing 2 sessions a day. My next cycle I will try a custom template. Where I would only do the main work in my AM session. Then all of the accessory work in a PM session.
Squat: 5/3/1 + PR + Widowmaker @ FSL
Push Press: ramp up to 3-5@TM
Deadlift 5s Pro + 3x5/3/1
My thoughts are
- Coach Thib’s philosophy on training by neural type is interested. I am a type 1A and according to his studies that type does really well on 2 a days. I respect his work, to me it’s worth a shot.
- it should aid in recovery
- gym is busy AF in the evening (finding and keeping plates is a massive pain in the ass) so it would be nice to be in and out after 30 minutes.
- cuz i get bored easily and like to try different things
- in the grand scheme of things, what could go wrong? not a damn thing
- what could go right? I recover like a champ
Curious to see what yalls’ thoughts and opinions are. Especially if you have tried 2 a day using 5/3/1 programming.