Any of You Lift with Your Girlfriends?

I’ve been training with my girl for about six years now - and I absolutely love it. She’s a damn powerful little girl, pushing herself on every set and not worried about what the girly girls on the treadmills think of her. With the exception of needing a stronger spotter on some lifts, I wouldn’t trade her for any other training partner in the world. Plus, it’s always fun to see her training with more intensity and more weight than a lot of the guys at the gym.

She’s also responded exceptionally well to weights. She developed a distinctly “bodybuilding” look after only about 2 years of training, something that took me more like 5.

I always joke that she’s sub-compact because she’s still a “spinner” (5’2") but with sculpted, dense, and extremely hard muscles.

Do any of you train with your partners? I RARELY ever see that at the gym and if I do, they’re usually training separately, with the girl doing some pussy-ass workout.

My wife (when she goes with me) lifts heavy and puts in a great effort. It’s not so much her “thing”, but she does get some enjoyment out of it. I enjoy lifting with her, but I also enjoy lifting alone.

Markus Rühl lifts with his Wife :wink:
And she uses the same weights as him on some exercises… With some help and lower reps, but still…

Awesome that you can train together with your girl!

markus’ wife is scary looking

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
markus’ wife is scary looking[/quote]

She doesn’t look so scary in the off-season.

My girlfriend comes along with me every now and then but she doesn’t really do anything other than make fun of the faces I make while lifting:)

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:
My girlfriend comes along with me every now and then but she doesn’t really do anything other than make fun of the faces I make while lifting:)[/quote]

D…Do you… do you hit her for it?

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:
My girlfriend comes along with me every now and then but she doesn’t really do anything other than make fun of the faces I make while lifting:)

D…Do you… do you hit her for it?[/quote]

You are lucky man but for my part I asked some guys for coaching durant some exercices.

NO!

Tried it, bloody distraction.

I would like to, but we’re on different daily schedules as far as exercise. That and our routines are usually vastly different, due to different goals.

i dont like to train with anyone else unless they like getting really aggro and crazy and dropping weights and yelling and shit cause it gets me pumped so if i ever find a girl like that i will probably not want to make her my girlfriend

krazykoukides wrote:

Nah. I could never hit such an angel!

She mostly just teases me. I like it. She does do leg presses sometimes. 90lbs! Woo!

krazykoukides wrote:

hahahahaha

That sounds like something they’d do in the family guy.

I had one gf who would go to the gym to train. We’d get there, and each head off in different directions to do our thing. It certainly was a lot better than the gfs who love your physique, but then complain about all the time you spend at the gym. Or (and this is my favorite), those who give themselves complexes because you’re dieting (“Stu’s trying to lose 10 lbs?! He must think I’m a big fat ass then!”)

S

I think the proper question is, how do you look at the girls on the cardio machines without getting noticed by your girlfriend?

[quote]Higgins wrote:
I think the proper question is, how do you look at the girls on the cardio machines without getting noticed by your girlfriend?[/quote]

Well, that’s the fun part - we look at them together! She likes girls too.

[quote]NoeticFront wrote:
Higgins wrote:
I think the proper question is, how do you look at the girls on the cardio machines without getting noticed by your girlfriend?

Well, that’s the fun part - we look at them together! She likes girls too.[/quote]

Lucky f@#ker

I trained my ex for about two months. She was making some kick ass gains then all of a sudden she lost interest. It was about this time that I lost interest in her. Huh, go fig. Regardless, just ask out a girl who trains/is a trainer at my gym. Should be interesting, she works out pretty hard plus has a little bit of fire in her. We’ll see how that goes … but yea, i wasn’t really a fan of training with my ex … doubt I’ll ever train w/ a gf again to be honest…thought it sucked

[quote]mthomps wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:

D…Do you… do you hit her for it?

hahahahaha

That sounds like something they’d do in the family guy.[/quote]

that’s what i was going forrr