Any Non-DCers Add Extreme Stretching?

I’m curious if any of you have encorporated the DC extreme stretching in to your training and what your results have been?

I’d also like to hear from people who already trained hard but moved to DC and what your thoughts are on the stretching.

Thanks

I have/do. You definitely do NOT have to do DC to do the extreme stretches.

I know legitimately big dudes who don’t do DC and also have done extreme stretches.

Right. John Parillo was talking about extreme stretching long before Dante was. It’s not new or unique to DC. But thank Dante for popularizing it.

I can’t attribute gains in size in the past to it. All I know is that I feel and function very good when employing aggressive stretching and mobility drills.

I particularly like “shoulder dislocations” and the hamstring stretch he employs.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I particularly like “shoulder dislocations” and the hamstring stretch he employs. [/quote]

Mind going into detail?

I found an article on here about some extreme stretches but I wouldn’t mind learning more! Search function here sucks…

I do the stretches. I can’t quantify any kind of muscle-gain achieved by using them, but I do believe that they’re beneficial. My mobility has improved, and shoulder pain diminished since I’ve started using them, even though they can be excruciating in the moment. Even if you don’t do the “DC” stretches, stretching a body part after you work it hard just feels good. Today I stretched my hamstrings on the 45 degree back extension, and it felt lovely.

I also can’t help but be amused when people act like Dante invented shoulder dislocates…

He never claimed to have invented that, and people that give him credit for inventing it are a little short sighted.

The extreme stretching will help with any program… I believe waylander is another who’s used it before.

I’ve never been able to stick with the extreme stretches for long. Most of them irritate my joints. Then again, joint health has always been a problem for me.

I love the quad stretch though. I can go hard on that one!

Jason Ferrugia is another who advocates extreme stretching, and his program is pretty similar to DCs (at least the one I read). Seems like a lot of HIT-esque proponents advocate for extreme stretching. Not sure if there’s any connection there.

i love it. i feel like my lat width is noticeably better since ive been doing weighted dead hangs.

[quote]actionboy wrote:
i love it. i feel like my lat width is noticeably better since ive been doing weighted dead hangs. [/quote]

I really like the weighted hangs at the end of a back workout, real mental toughness.
I also like the chest stretch with the dumbbells where you let them just stretch down in a fly position.

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
I really like the weighted hangs at the end of a back workout, real mental toughness.
I also like the chest stretch with the dumbbells where you let them just stretch down in a fly position.[/quote]

You really like those stretches??? Are you some kind of sick masochist??? Do you beat yourself with whips too???

I do :wink:

I love the extreme stretches cause I am a sick bastard and believe that if you’re going to stretch make sure you feel it!!! Shoulder health improved out of sight including extreme stretching in my programs, and I have a history of shoulder injuries (sports and 4W bike related).

Interesting. Can’t believe that I’ve never really looked into this concept. Definitely will be getting on tonight to have a good read!