T Nation

Any Negative Effects of PCT's?

I’m curious, if someone finishes a cycle and then uses some kind of PCT like clomid or nolva, are there any side effects from these drugs?

For example a healthy male in the late 20’s takes a PCT what should he wtach out for if anything?

I can’t speak to the medical side effects, but on Clomid I get depressed and turn into a big emotional mess. So if you’re already slightly psycho emotionally, expect that to be intensified! LOL

I took clomid and had a few side effects:

1. Broke out on my chest
  2. Very Emotional and Depressed
  3. Blurred Vision

Im going to take something different for my next cycle.

Highly recommend toremephine for PCT. Virtually no sides compared to clomid/nolva.

I second the toremifene.

As for Clomid making you emotional - I cried during an episode of Fresh Prince of Bel Air while on on clomid.

I hate that shit.

I didn’t have any negative side effect on nolva. I haven’t tried clomid. Nor do I really want to. I don’t want to start crying while watching Bambi with my neices and nephews…

[quote]rainjack wrote:
As for Clomid making you emotional - I cried during an episode of Fresh Prince of Bel Air while on on clomid.

I hate that shit. [/quote]

LOL, I recall that episode where his dad shows up and then takes off again at the end. No clomid at the time (I was in highschool) but I def shed some tears.

I get crazy on both nolva and clomid one of the reasons i chose to taper off instead of using a traditional pct protocol. I’d say go with the nolva and never go higher than 20mg a day.

liquidex

Actually, I kind of liked Clomid. It made sex awesome- better than the juice did. Busting a nut felt like a koala-bear a crapped a rainbow in my brain. I had the kind of morning wood that demanded attention. I noticed none of the moodiness people talk about. I had a little acne- but not much more than usual.

Nolva was side effect free and I had none of the sexual stuff like I did off Clomid.

I kind want to try clomid just to see how big a load I can throw.

Nolva makes me much more short fused and gives me acne.

You need to do PCT correctly. If you do not taper off of SERMs you can get a estrogen rebound effect that can shut down your HPTA. So more than the choice of drugs.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]FuriousGeorge wrote:
I kind want to try clomid just to see how big a load I can throw.

Nolva makes me much more short fused and gives me acne.[/quote]

I’ve heard it rumored that Peter North takes Clomid on the regular and that’s how he can throw so much paint. I think God just gave him a special gift that enables him to hose down the faces of hundreds of hot young girls and get paid for it.

[quote]KSman wrote:
You need to do PCT correctly. If you do not taper off of SERMs you can get a estrogen rebound effect that can shut down your HPTA. So more than the choice of drugs.[/quote]

Good advice.
Except if one were using an AI with the SERM, I think the estrogen rebound would be much less. Again, not too much AI, and not too much SERM.

With any drug actually, I think it is good advice to taper off.

[quote]H-Train wrote:
FuriousGeorge wrote:
just to see how big a load I can throw.

…throw so much paint.[/quote]

Dude…that is some funny stuff…hope you don’t mind but I’m adding it to my repatoire (sp?)…my previous favorite term was “spewing the map of Hawaii on her back”

[quote]Waldo Dolan wrote:

“spewing the map of Hawaii on her back”

[/quote]

ha, I’ve heard it used with the Maldives…

Clomid and nolvadex are both somewhat hepatoxic. A doctor would normally make sure that you have normal liver function before prescribing either of them.

If one of your reasons for coming off cycle is to give your liver a break, that’s something to consider.

Personally, I would just go easy on the alcohol and acetaminophen while on either SERM, and keep taking my milk thistle.

Nolva always hits me as symptom-free. All I experienced from Clomid was acne break-outs on my chest. Sucked, yes. But it’s definitely worth not losing any gains and avoiding the estrogen rebound.

Clomid doesn’t control estrogen, it controls the receptor sites at which estrogen binds. Research…