Any Mets Fans Out There?

anna

again

[quote]GymGeek wrote:
Jorge Julio is not a bad middle reliever. But I believe the Mets really traded him for his wife. She’s been killing Delgado since he got here. If he won 18-20 games last year, she’d be able to say whatever she wants. My vote is for Pedro![/quote]

Does anyone else see the resemblance between Jorge Julio and Armando Benitez? I was on the NYM website today and the picture that they had of Julio had me in tears because all I could think of was all of Armando’s blown saves. It really is tough being a Met’s fan.

All I can hope for is that Carlos Delgado and Paul lo Duca dont catch Met-Itus and bat .215 each this year after being all-stars on other teams!!

[quote]TheZ-Man wrote:
Who cares about Anna…
The move sucks for the Mets because they are giving up a decent pitcher for a struggling reliever…
However, if the Mets use the money they are saving by getting rid of Benson’s salary and use it to get another starter(…Zito?)…then it’s a great move.
[/quote]

With any luck the Mets are freeing up some extra cash to trade Heilman and Cliff floyd to Boston for Manny Ramirez.

For all you Boston fans out there I have one thing to say. I admit that I root for Boston whenever they play the Yankees but I have noticed that ever since winning the WS two years ago Sox fans have an attitude. They seem to forget that they are pretty much the same tired team as the Mets are. Look at it this way, The Mets are the Braves’s BITCH (although I hate to admit it) and the Red Sox are the Yankees’s bitch!

I mean dont get me wrong I am all for the Sox beating the Yankees I just dont appreciate the Sox fans thinking all of a sudden that they are the shit; especially when they will probably finish the 06 season in 3rd place in the AL East.

Just to interject on the Anna statements above, who cares if she is white trash and an extra stripper from Georgia. All I know is that if Benson has 15 wins this year I am going to be pissed! The Met’s had players like Vince Coleman and Bobby Bonilla and they can’t take a wife talking shit? WHO CARES! I bet if the Mets made it to the playoffs none of this would even be in question!!

[quote]Xtreme115 wrote:
TheZ-Man wrote:
Who cares about Anna…
The move sucks for the Mets because they are giving up a decent pitcher for a struggling reliever…
However, if the Mets use the money they are saving by getting rid of Benson’s salary and use it to get another starter(…Zito?)…then it’s a great move.

With any luck the Mets are freeing up some extra cash to trade Heilman and Cliff floyd to Boston for Manny Ramirez.

For all you Boston fans out there I have one thing to say. I admit that I root for Boston whenever they play the Yankees but I have noticed that ever since winning the WS two years ago Sox fans have an attitude. They seem to forget that they are pretty much the same tired team as the Mets are. Look at it this way, The Mets are the Braves’s BITCH (although I hate to admit it) and the Red Sox are the Yankees’s bitch!

I mean dont get me wrong I am all for the Sox beating the Yankees I just dont appreciate the Sox fans thinking all of a sudden that they are the shit; especially when they will probably finish the 06 season in 3rd place in the AL East.

Just to interject on the Anna statements above, who cares if she is white trash and an extra stripper from Georgia. All I know is that if Benson has 15 wins this year I am going to be pissed! The Met’s had players like Vince Coleman and Bobby Bonilla and they can’t take a wife talking shit? WHO CARES! I bet if the Mets made it to the playoffs none of this would even be in question!![/quote]

Yea the Red Sox have always had a terrible time against the Yankees. But they do have a great rivalry that dates back quite a ways- I think the first brawl was back in the 20s…maybe earlier.

The Sox just got Burnett, and they will have healthier pitching this year…they also have strong returning bats (Manny isn’t going anywhere this year). Not too mention Theo Epstein came back (the GM who built the Sox to the WS champs). They’ll be alright, if not this year then in the long run.

The Mets will regret losing Benson. I root for underdogs…plus Pedro is a Met, so I root for them sometimes. But that just doesn’t make sense, this trade. Unless Minaya has something up his sleeve, which is never out of the question.

[quote]Xtreme115 wrote:
TheZ-Man wrote:
Who cares about Anna…

Just to interject on the Anna statements above, who cares if she is white trash and an extra stripper from Georgia. All I know is that if Benson has 15 wins this year I am going to be pissed! The Met’s had players like Vince Coleman and Bobby Bonilla and they can’t take a wife talking shit? WHO CARES! I bet if the Mets made it to the playoffs none of this would even be in question!![/quote]

I cried for 3 straight days when Kenny Rodgers walked Andrew Jones with the bases loaded in 99.With so much magic that post-season,Ventura hittin that bases loaded single,I that for sure that was our year.I think the Mets made a pact with the devil in 86 with Buckners booted ball,that probably means we won’t win shit for 80 more years.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

Yea the Red Sox have always had a terrible time against the Yankees. But they do have a great rivalry that dates back quite a ways- I think the first brawl was back in the 20s…maybe earlier.

The Sox just got Burnett, and they will have healthier pitching this year…they also have strong returning bats (Manny isn’t going anywhere this year). Not too mention Theo Epstein came back (the GM who built the Sox to the WS champs). They’ll be alright, if not this year then in the long run.

The Mets will regret losing Benson. I root for underdogs…plus Pedro is a Met, so I root for them sometimes. But that just doesn’t make sense, this trade. Unless Minaya has something up his sleeve, which is never out of the question.[/quote]

The Sox got Beckett,the Jays got Burnett(a player we gave up to get Piazza)I root for the Sox when they play the Yanks,I hate them more than I hate the Braves.But I don’t know if you can consider the Sox having a good off-season.This Epstein saga probably caused Damon to deflect to the Yanks,which made me cringe.Plus you lost Mueller and Millar,which even though they are not great,they contributed alot to the clubhouse chemistry.As a Met fan,I can tell you chemistry is important(something we didn’t consider when we brought in Alomar in 02)But a healthy Schilling and Foulke,with a young Nolan Ryan and Yankee killer in Josh Beckett,Boston’s pitching is probably the best in the AL east.It’ll be hard to replace Damon in center,but if you still have Manny and Ortiz in the middle of your line-up,hopefully you can keep the Yanks from running away with the division.I doubt the Mets will reget losin Benson,his types are a dime a dozen in baseball,plus I think Heilman will put up just as good numbers as Benson did,plus he’s a lot cheaper too.

If the Mets can’t do it this year, they are screwed for the foreseeable future. All of their marquee talent, minus Beltran and Wright, will be running downhill from here on out.

As a Braves fan, it’s been a long ride since the first WS parade back in '91, the first one we lost. The Mets have a short window, I almost hope they will break the NL East streak. We need to start over anyway…but we will probably win by 5 games and lose in the first round again. But the future is bright…

[quote]brushga wrote:
If the Mets can’t do it this year, they are screwed for the foreseeable future. All of their marquee talent, minus Beltran and Wright, will be running downhill from here on out.

As a Braves fan, it’s been a long ride since the first WS parade back in '91, the first one we lost. The Mets have a short window, I almost hope they will break the NL East streak. We need to start over anyway…but we will probably win by 5 games and lose in the first round again. But the future is bright…[/quote]

Even though I hate the Braves,I’ll give mad props to Bobby Cox and Shuerholtz.
Just when everybody writes off the Braves in the off-season,they go get a Tim Hudson or a Gary Sheffield.Forget Sparky Anderson and Tommy Lasorda,Cox is the best manager of my generation,Lasorda and Anderson couldn’t of won with the team Cox had last year,he started with Kolb,Jordan,and Mondesi,and by the end of the year,they were all replaced by rookies.Chipper goes down again,but Andruw finally puts up the numbers everybody was waiting for since 97 and carries the team into the play-offs.Gezz,the Braves are like Freddy Kruger,they never go away.So until somebody tops them,they are my favorites to win the East,and Mets get wildcard.