Any Long Term Users of TRT Here?

[quote]seekonk wrote:

[quote]happy_Ed wrote:
Seekonk, is it possible to take the injectable form of testosterone with out being shut down completely… Or is this only possible with orals?[/quote]

I am not a doctor, but I would think it would all depend on dose. If I were you, I would have my T and E levels tested now while you feel brilliant so that if you should change to injections in future you can adjust your dosage to get the same levels. [/quote]

I think that would be nigh on impossible to get injected test to follow the big spikes and troughs that the orals must surely have…

Can anyone tell me, is it possible to come off TRT after being on long term?
I was told by a doctor that if shut down for any length of time that you had to stay on TRT for life?
Anyone know the truth surround this?

[quote]happy_Ed wrote:
I was told by a doctor that if shut down for any length of time that you had to stay on TRT for life?

[/quote]

Read the stickies again regarding hcg Human chorionic gonadotropin.

Your body will shut down all natural production of testosterone with hormone replacement therapy.

If you decide to end the replacement therapy after shutting your natural production, your estrogen will ramp upwards affecting mood and libido. It would be a difficult time for four weeks to a couple of months until your body starts producing again on it’s own again. You will experience depression, chronic fatigue, declining sex drive, erectile dysfunction, difficulty sleeping and a decrease in lean muscle mass. But there are steps you can take…

Read the stickies!

[quote]conservativedog wrote:

[quote]happy_Ed wrote:

[/quote]

Read the stickies again regarding hcg Human chorionic gonadotropin.

Your body will shut down all natural production of testosterone with hormone replacement therapy.

If you decide to end the replacement therapy after shutting your natural production, your estrogen will ramp upwards affecting mood and libido. It would be a difficult time for four weeks to a couple of months until your body starts producing again on it’s own again. You will experience depression, chronic fatigue, declining sex drive, erectile dysfunction, difficulty sleeping and a decrease in lean muscle mass. But there are steps you can take…

Read the stickies!

[/quote]

cheers mate…
I know what happens when you come off, and I know what steps to take when coming off, and how to use PCT (post cycle therapy)
What I don’t know is, I have heard so many different theories surrounding coming off TRT. Whether its actually possible after being on long term…
But I keep hearing the same thing… If you are on TRT long enough, you will be shut down permanently and will never be able to live with out TRT…
I have also been told the length of time permanent shut down takes will differ from person to person…

Is this all true is what Im wondering??
Lets say I was on TRT for 1? or 2? or 3? 4? 5? 6? 7? etc years, whats the chance of being shut down for life and not being able to come off TRT???

No one can really say that.

I was on TRT for more than a year and then came off last year by gradually tapering my dose. I never did HCG and I didn’t do PCT. I never “crashed” and my testosterone was back at pre-TRT levels within 3 months. I never felt any worse than I did before starting TRT in the first place. I think the need for PCT is overrated.

[quote]seekonk wrote:

I was on TRT for more than a year and then came off last year by gradually tapering my dose. I never did HCG and I didn’t do PCT. I never “crashed” and my testosterone was back at pre-TRT levels within 3 months. I never felt any worse than I did before starting TRT in the first place. I think the need for PCT is overrated.
[/quote]

He’s talking about over the course of many years and my guess is some can and some may not. I didn’t understand the original question. I would lean toward more can men can recover than not.

[quote]seekonk wrote:

[/quote]

He’s talking about over the course of many years and my guess is some can and some may not. I didn’t understand the original question. I would lean toward more can men can recover than not.[/quote]

The thread started off just asking about TRT but at KSman’s prompting sort of turned around to be about me…
So I started another asking about TRT orals and another asking about TRT Reandron 1000…
I was wanting to know if anyone had been on either of those products long term and what their thoughts were…

Wish I could change the heading of this thread now…
Actually I should have kept this one on topic and started another about me… Oh well!

So yeah, this threads about me and my blood tests which are coming… Sorry for the confusion…
I kinda messed things up a bit…

[quote]seekonk wrote:

[/quote]

He’s talking about over the course of many years and my guess is some can and some may not. I didn’t understand the original question. I would lean toward more can men can recover than not.[/quote]

More can recover than not after what sort of time frame? After 1 year I would agree with you and I would be guessing though.

But can anyone actually recover after a being shut down for years? …

No one seems to know if that’s actually possible!

[quote]happy_Ed wrote:

[quote]seekonk wrote:

[/quote]

More can recover than not after what sort of time frame? After 1 year I would agree with you and I would be guessing though.

No one seems to know if that’s actually possible![/quote]

WE ARE THE PIONEERS! Keep a positive attitude that man can recover his natural output of testosterone after many years of replacement therapy and it shall come to pass.

[quote]happy_Ed wrote:

[quote]seekonk wrote:

[/quote]

No one seems to know if that’s actually possible![/quote]

WE ARE THE PIONEERS! Keep a positive attitude that man can recover his natural output of testosterone after many years of replacement therapy and it shall come to pass.
[/quote]

Lol, right on brother! :slight_smile:

KSman, due to the heading Im going to let this thread just die off if that’s ok…
and will start a new one abaout me, giving all the correct details, new bloods etc once they come in…
Hope that’s ok… Wont post in here again, unless you insist I use this thread…
Will start a new one with correct info once new bloods come in…
cheers…