Any Legit Ectomorph Bodybuilders?

Pick a different hobby. Improvement in strength training comes from being uncomfortable. It sounds like you do not like being uncomfortable.

5 Likes
  1. As far as I know, the health care system in Canada is good. Odds are your condition is a mild one if none of the doctors you visited noticed it.

2. Most likely you do not have WPW syndrome. It shows up on EKG every time it’s taken. It doesn’t show up on EEG since that’s a brain scan whereas the EKG is the same for your heart. It’s usually treatable but not in my case. I also stopped taking medication for it and haven’t had any repercussions because of that. If I were you, I’d stop looking for online diagnosis and visit an actual doctor who has a background in sports. Regular doctors usually just say that you have to stop lifting no matter what your condition is. They said the same to me because I lack cartilage on my left knee but every single doctor who understands sports recommended the exact opposite.

3. I said ditching strenuous cardio, not cardio entirely. You have been given a lot of examples for exercises you can and should do on this thread. You can incorporate all of them in GreySkull for example. If you don’t plan on competing in powerlifting, you can use low-incline bench press as your main upper body push movement and do sternum pull-ups, chin-ups or pulldowns and stuff like decline dumbbell pullovers as assistance movements.

I still think the whole heart jumping out of your chest thing, is more related to diet than exercise. Have you been using artificial sweeteners since you started your cut? Seriously, if I drink, eat, breathe, anything containing aspartame in it, my heart goes ape shit crazy. Just a thought.

On the other hand, I drink usually 1,5 liters of aspartame sweetened Coke Zero daily with absolutely no problems… It’s worth a try though since not everyone reacts the same to sweeteners.

2 Likes

Not that I know of, I eat pretty clean.

Just thinking, could an increased heart rate be linked to bad breathing perhaps? When I get doing a hard rep I tend to hold my breath as I push the weight.

What do you specifically mean when you say your heart rate is too high or your heart is “jumping out of your chest”? Do you mean a very fast and strong heart rate, irregular and strong heart rate or what? What exactly is it that raises your concern?

Don’t do that. You should be exhaling. Example of bench press:
Inhale while the bar is descending to your chest. Exhale while the bar ascends back to the top.

Really? I use the valsalva maneuver for pretry much all my heavy lifting. I try to get in as many reps as possible in one breath.

3 Likes

Same, especially when benching. Letting air out during squats also eats a lot of pressure and tightness from me.

1 Like

Fast and hard. Not necessary irregular.

For example, today I was working door-to-door sales and when I got in my car after about 45 mins of just walking, my heart rate was 120BPM.

That simply means your cardiovascular conditioning is shit. Doesn’t necessarily imply any heart condition or anything.

3 Likes

Lol, fair enough. How can I train it to be better? Caqn I do cardio while still putting on mass and getting stronger?

Yes you can. Lift three days a week, do cardio on two or three days in between lifting and you are golden. Now go lift and please follow advice that has been given to you. This damn thread is 93 posts long and you have enough info to put out a small book on lifting.

3 Likes

I go to the gym today.

Thanks for all your help. Just need to settle on the exercises but I’ll do that in my journal.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

sorry, my mistake, you weigh a buck sixty three.

So… why are your calories so low?

I’m trying to lose the fat around my stomach.

At this stage, try and get out of the bulk/cut mindset. Concentrate on hitting your protein target every day and getting all your carbs and fats from clean, nutritious sources, otherwise you’ll be going back and forth between chubby and skinny your whole life.

4 Likes

I can’t agree with this statement 100%. Yes, you should eat, train, and push yourself according to your goals. But, big but, there are definitely different body types and better programs suited for each type

If I posted a picture of me, could you say what program I should be following based on my bodytype?

1 Like