T Nation

Any Good Wii Games?

I got a Nintendo Wii a few weeks ago and I’ve been playing Wii Sports. Boxing mainly. But its not good enough to last for long. So I’m asking if anyone here knows of good games for the Wii that have some movement in them. I bought Zelda, but it got boring very fast.

I hope someone makes a good boxing game for the Wii and soon. The controls on the Sports version are too slow and unresponsive.

• POC

The system just launched. There won’t be anything good for a while.

Rent Trauma Center: Second Opinion.

It’s amazing. The story is pretty crappy, but the game is surprisingly addictive.

Until you finish it. Which is easy to do in about 10 hours. After that, you’ll have no reason to put it into your Wii ever again. There really isn’t much to do but enjoy it while it lasts.

Yes I could recommend a few for you. I have as of right now 5 titles, Legend of Zelda, Rayman Raving Rabbits, Dragon Ball Z Tenchaichi 2, Marvel Ultimate Heroes, and of course it can with the Wii Sports.

Legend of Zelda: Great game, you must not be human if you don’t enjoy this title. Just kidding, it can get a little slow and drawn out at times, but come on man it’s Zelda, push through it and just beat the game to say you completed it.

Rayman Raving Rabbits: Perfect game for those with any type of attention deficit disorder. Why do I say that? It is because the game is composed of over 70 mini games that make full use of the Wii’s unique controller. The games are not hard at all and they require absolutely no thinking to play. Totally on the opposite end of the spectrum from Zelda.

Dragon Ball Z: Great game if you enjoy fighting games or just a DBZ fan in general. As with Rayman, DBZ makes great use of the controller as well. Fun espcially in vs mode against a buddy where trash talkin is a definite must.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: Not to excited about this game. I thought it was going to be alot better than what its turning out to be. I bought the game in the hopes it would go deeper into the world of Marvel than the previous Marvel tiles but the controls are boring and the story just feels like they ran everything all together just for the sake of saying we created a game with 120 characters. Of course it’s still early on so I am praying this thing picks up.

Hey on a side note,I can point you to a website that gives great reviews and gives you a heads up about what to expect in months to come in the world of gaming. That website is IGN.com, check it out and see what you find.

Hope that helps you in some small way.

If you have a ps2 get the dbz game for that, controlls are better on the ps2 for that game, but all the other games work great for the wii.

I recommend Gamefly to any US gamers. For the price of one new game, you can get 2.5 months of service. I’m sure I will finish Zelda in less in 2.5 months, plus I’ll probably try 5 more games in that time frame. By the time I would want to own the games, they’re in the bargain bin. Plus, i don’t feel like I wasted money if i don’t play a rented game for 2 weeks because I’m busy/bored of gaming.

I don’t like Gamefly, they take too long with their shipping.

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:
I don’t like Gamefly, they take too long with their shipping.[/quote]

Yeah, it’s not as quick as Netflix. It’s not too bad in Minneapolis, though. I just signed up again on Thurs night after finally getting a Wii, and got my games on Wed. (Mon&Tues were postal holidays). Works just fine for my schedule.

I just hate looking back at my bad gaming purchases. For instance, I bought a Dreamcast shudder.

[quote]Test-one wrote:
Dragon Ball Z: Great game if you enjoy fighting games or just a DBZ fan in general. As with Rayman, DBZ makes great use of the controller as well. Fun espcially in vs mode against a buddy where trash talkin is a definite must.
[/quote]

I’ve been wondering about DBZ. Does it use the motion sensor in the remote to complete the moves? It looks interesting, but honestly Zelda made me wary because it just didn’t use the motion sensor. With Zelda the remote felt like an akward D-Pad.

I have also been keeping my eye on Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. I’m hoping that it makes full use of the remote.

• POC

Yes and no. Most basic strikes are performed using the a and b buttons. All specials are performed using the remote in special movements. Like Goku’s kamehameha attack is performed by quickly moving the remote back and then thrusting it forward and that movement pattern unleashes the attack.
In my opinion its cooler than just button pushing because I can rap off a chain of punches and kicks pressing the a and b buttons and in the middle of my button pressing I perform the corresponding movement and bam in the middle of the combo I bust a super spirit bomb or huge kamehameha attack.
I think it allows for more freedom and the moves are not hard to master or pull off.
Some moves are as simple as moving the pointer out of the top of the screen twice. That is for Piccolo’s Special Beam Cannon.
Do what the others guys here have recommended, rent the games before you buy, unless you know you want them for your collection.
As for Zelda, it does feel flat at times. How far have you made it in the game. You aquire cooler weapons as the game progresses. Honestly, this Zelda is more puzzle based than combat based, at least thats my opinion, and we all know about opinions.
Hey on a side note I remembered you said you enjoy boxing that came with the console, I just found out that they will be releasing a full sports package in Feb. It will have ping pong, more in depth boxing and it will bring in a new duck hunt, and it also will include a free remote if you can get to gamestop and reserve it in time. It is a multipack like Wii sports was. Just a thought for you to consider.

[quote]Test-one wrote:
As for Zelda, it does feel flat at times. How far have you made it in the game.[/quote]

I made it to the first temple with the big flowers and spider bombs. Forgot to save before I quit and my last save was before collecting the first tears, so I kind of lost interest.

Thanks. I did know they were releasing a new Sports/Play thingie, but I didn’t know they had boxing in it. Might be worth buying.

• POC

go to gamespot.com into the Wii section and check out their top games and read their full reviews. Their reviews are top notch and highly reliable in my experience.

Doesn’t look too promiosing for Wii owners just yet. May need to give it some time.

This link should take you straight there I hope:

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
JokerFMJ wrote:
I don’t like Gamefly, they take too long with their shipping.

Yeah, it’s not as quick as Netflix. It’s not too bad in Minneapolis, though. I just signed up again on Thurs night after finally getting a Wii, and got my games on Wed. (Mon&Tues were postal holidays). Works just fine for my schedule.

I just hate looking back at my bad gaming purchases. For instance, I bought a Dreamcast shudder. [/quote]

Are you kidding? The Dreamcast was awesome. Plenty of great games for the price.

Unless you paid like $200 for it.

I bought mine when they were like $50 with a couple of free games and a memory card. <.<

Madden 07. Very interesting.