T Nation

Any Good Gyms in Cherry Hill, NJ?

i just moved here and i would need help in looking for a good gym…somewhere i could perform power lifts and has knowledgeable people to critique my form if its lagging

thanks in advance for the help

Welcome to the area. I live nearby.

Try The Moorestown Weightlifting Club. I can’t speak from actually experiencing going there (I have a nice home gym), but from what I’ve heard, it’s quite good. Not sure about membership either, but check out their website and give them a call:

http://www.eastcoastgold.org/satellite.html#NJ
This website also has other “local” facilities.

thanks! where in NJ are you?

About 15 minutes from Cherry Hill… in Delran.

nice, i have a friend from college who lives there. supposed to be a nice place. good luck on finding a spot.

Oh! I think this is another. Don’t let the sissy name fool ya. My nephew trains there and they have a lot of racks, and allow chalk!

The Spa Fitness Center
1585 Rte 73
Pennsauken, NJ

Welcome to South Jersey!
Think there is a place that you may like in Palmyra (sp?)
can’t think of the name off hand but hear its pretty hardcore.
I belong to PSC. not the best for powerlifting stuff but its clean and close to home.
Also, Cherry Hill sports and Fitness is pretty big but never been there.

If I can remember the names of others i will let you know.

good luck

Holy shit. You live in cherry hill? So do I, right off of Kings Highway…west or east side? Look up Aquatic and Fitness center right off of springdale road. That’s where I go and It’s a really nice place. New cardio equipment and always empty weight room to work out in. It would be fucking awesome to have a fellow T-man or woman going to the same gym as me.

wow!!! looks like im gonna enjoy my stay at cherry hill…thanks guys

im still looking for a nice gym though…i went to future fitness along rt 70, damn they got nice equipments

retrofitness along brace road looks good also, i’ll check that out soon

football061 - im at heartwood drive, i guess thats east? im not really sure…but i can check out afc along springdale

Hey I from Cherry Hill… I’m in college right now, but I’m looking for a gym besides my high school when I’m home for the summer. I’ll give aquatic fitness center a look.

I’m in Gibbstown; ever want to powerlift or flip some tyres let me know. I’m real close to 295 and have all my own stuff.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
I’m in Gibbstown; ever want to powerlift or flip some tyres let me know. I’m real close to 295 and have all my own stuff.[/quote]

cool…thanks for the invite…how will i get there in case?

i signed up for a trial workout at aquatic and fitness center…

football, you still working out there?

[quote]painkiller wrote:
Welcome to South Jersey!
[/quote]

HA!

You call Cherry Hill SOUTH Jersey!! I grew up 45 minutes SOUTH of there!! LMAO! (southern Cumberland County).

Funny thing about NJ is that the whole world thinks it’s a suburb of NYC.

Cherry Hill and south and east are really Philly oriented-- And we speak with a ‘twang’ mixture of Philly/Baltimore. Baltimore is closer than NYC. And it’s mostly farm land.

I grew up minutes from the Delaware Bay with the Green Heads and salt marshes!

So, is Ponzio’s still around?

[quote]ninjabear wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:
I’m in Gibbstown; ever want to powerlift or flip some tyres let me know. I’m real close to 295 and have all my own stuff.

[/quote]

It’s easy; I’m off 295 exit 14. PM me if you ever want to work out.

Ponzios is still here and i think its the most expensive diner i have ever been to. Very good though.

HA!

You call Cherry Hill SOUTH Jersey!! I grew up 45 minutes SOUTH of there!! LMAO! (southern Cumberland County).

Cherry Hill and south and east are really Philly oriented-- And we speak with a ‘twang’ mixture of Philly/Baltimore. Baltimore is closer than NYC. And it’s mostly farm land.

So, is Ponzio’s still around?[/quote]

I just moved back to South Jersey from Philly about 3 wks ago. I’m in Clementon, my brother just got a membership at a spot but I’m thinking of a home gym here in my basement.

On another note, anyone have any suggestions on where to find a power rack?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
painkiller wrote:
Welcome to South Jersey!

HA!

So, is Ponzio’s still around?[/quote]

yep still there! and my relatives tell me that its the most expensive place you can ever eat at…

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
ninjabear wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:

It’s easy; I’m off 295 exit 14. PM me if you ever want to work out.
[/quote]

alright! will do…

[quote]meangenes wrote:
I just moved back to South Jersey from Philly about 3 wks ago. I’m in Clementon, my brother just got a membership at a spot but I’m thinking of a home gym here in my basement.

On another note, anyone have any suggestions on where to find a power rack?[/quote]

craigslist.com could yield you some