Any Good Fitness Ideas?

Any exercise is better than no exercise and all of the infomercial products have some utility. To market a new product though requires a lot of upfront money for writers, patent attorneys, actors, commercial air time, tooling for equipment manufacture, inventory, etc. If you come up with a new gizmo, I think it is better to just license it to one of those deep pocketed television marketers with English or Aussie accents.

Given the opportunity, I would do very dirty things to Suzanne Somers.

Okay, maybe I came off harsh. But using the Thighmaster as an example set the wrong tone. It said, “Hey, this rip off product made millions; let’s come up with our own!” Partial range of motion, claims of spot reducing, using a spokesperson who had liposuction on her thighs… sleazy. And yet ZEB says it did exactly what it claimed to do?

If you want to come up with a fitness device that actually works, fine, but you didn’t get that across in your first post. And stop putting words in my mouth if you want to argue, ZEB. Don’t wiggle out of your assumptions by putting words in my mouth then arguing against them. Lastly, you really don’t seem to understand what goes into the bussiness side of it, but I think Avoid Roids summed it up well.

Thanks to all those who PM’ed me and informed me I was dealing with the village idiot. No, I don’t post here much, mainly because of people like ZEB. But every village needs one I guess.

We live in America and the last time I checked, capitalism rules. Zeb is simply employing the most successful business principle: supply what the consumer demands. Today’s consumers are lazy. convenience sells. Whether it is a 2-minute fat-laiden microwave meal, a motorized scooter for the kids, or 6 minute abs, the premise is the same. Think about it… maybe you take the stairs instead of the elevator but when was the last time you got up off the couch to change the channel?

Moneymaking is about supply and demand, nothing more, nothing less. An estimated 60% of Americans are obese and they are hearing it everywhere due to the realization that their problem will ultimately result in an explosion of health care costs, hence the flood of easy/convenient diet and fitness products on the market.

Personally, I like doing things the hard way.

TShaw,

I agree “Nasty little critter” is not my usual style. However, as you can see by her following post, my innate sense of what I was dealing with was quite good!

P.S. No offense intended to the international T-members or ZEB’s product ideas.