Any Good Cereals?

[quote]Mateus wrote:
I love me some Ezekiel cereal. Lots of good carbs and not the stuffed feeling from oatmeal.

[/quote]

Ezekiel makes cereal too? I like their bread, didn’t know about the cereal…

cracklin’ oat bran is my fav. doesn’t get soggy, tons of fiber, not super excessive amounts of sugar, tastes like heaven.

Captin crunch PWO FTW - and it does not cut the roof of your mouth.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Frosted Flakes is always excellent,… or lucky charms, with all of its marshmellow goodness :slight_smile:

If I want to trick myself into thinking I’m eating healthy (which to be honest, I don’t think any processed cold cereals are), I’ll have Raisin Nut Bran, or Honey Bunches of Oats. Most of the time though, I’m an oatmeal junkie.

I do like though to see the huge variety of cereals offered at Trader Joes,… always makes me wanna just pick of several boxes and go to town. It’s also funny to see the other shoppers in the store thinking that everything they’re buying is good for them. Quite a difference between ‘organic’ and ‘good for you.’

S[/quote]
There’s a cereal at Trader Joe’s that’s so delicious, had to stop buying it. It’s called Trek Mix or something like that, with cashews and such. YUM! It looks like a granola, but tastes nothing like one.

I picked up some cereal at Trader Joe’s once that actually had giant dark chocolate CHUNKS in it… is was great :smiley:

S

[quote]MuzzyEsp wrote:
Any good cereals out there? I looked at corn flakes, but it contains a decent amount of starch.[/quote]

Just looking at the overall philosophy/approach here:

For any given amount of calories, they’re either going to come from carbs, protein, or fat.

With the exception of wheat germ, it’s not realistic to expect much protein from a cereal.

So now you’re between carbs (starches or complex carbohydrates, and sugar) and fat as to where most of the calories come from.

So unless specifically aiming for a low carb diet, it winds up being a little peculiar criticizing the complex carbohydrate content.

Or if on a low-carb diet, then really the only thing left is a very high-fiber cereal. For example Fiber One provides only 11 g net carbs per serving. But it also supplies very little caloric energy (60 calories), as it doesn’t have much fat or protein either.

And of course 60 calories isn’t going to fuel anyone up very much. Though if the idea is to have it along with other things, that can work very well.

http://www.usmillsinc.com/usmills/search.php?brand=5

UNCLE SAM® CEREAL: If you are looking for a high fiber food try Uncle Sam Cereal. This high fiber cereal is a unique blend of toasted whole grain wheat flakes and flaxseed. Each bowl of this whole grain cereal is loaded with powerful, heart healthy ALA Omega-3’s from flaxseed and is high in dietary fiber. It is also a low sodium and low sugar cereal (with less than 1g sugars). Best of all, the toasted whole grain wheat flakes and flax seed stay crispy and crunchy from the first spoonful to the last. To learn more visit our FAQs page on the importance of fiber in your diet…

Available in two varieties: Uncle Sam Cereal - Original and Uncle Sam Cereal with Mixed Berries.

I find it at Wal Mart.

Anybody else eat the original “Kashi go lean” cereal?? Has 13g Protein, 30g carbs, 1g fat, 6g sugar with 140 Calories…plus another 10g Protein with milk. Been eating it for 6 months now…

Fiber One.

No matter what diet you are on, have one serving of Fiber One as your last meal of the night, along with one serving of sugar-free Metamucil.

If you make this a daily habit, you will end up spending exactly 0.5 seconds on the shitter every morning, and using exactly 1 square of toilet paper. It’s a beautiful thing.

As a side benefit, the combination of soluble and insoluble fiber is great for anyone with cholesterol issues.