T Nation

Any Good Advice?

Went to my Endocrinology Dr.and he tested my test and said it was low. I also had all the symptoms that go a long with it.I lift weights and diet to gain muscle mass. It takes me a FEW days to recover and I am a hard gainer. I just started Androgel 2 weeks ago ( given to me by my Dr. ) and I am planing on doing a 12 week cycle of Test E and Deca. What im not sure about is…

After my test levels are normal, should I continue taking the Androgel while on cycle? I plain on a 750 test e and 400-500 deca a week cycle. Any input would be appreciated.

There would be no need to continue to use Androgel while you were on that kind of cycle. You could use it to bridge into the first 2-3 weeks though I guess.

What I would question is why, having just found out that you have low levels, you would want to massively increase them and risk further shutdown instead of either staying on androgel for a while to see how you feel, or figuring out what it is that is causing your low t in the first place? I understand that you were probably planning this cycle in advance and this has given you an extra push towards starting it, but you should consider what’s best in the long term aswell!

(And also what the doc is gonna say if he re-tests you while you are on a big cycle and sees your levels are far too “high”)

I have taken 2 MRI’s and 4 blood tests. My endo says that my patuatary ( sorry about the spelling ) gland is just not producing what it should. No other reason. Yes,I have been planning this cycle for a while.Why do I want to do this cycle??? Thats kinda a silly question dont u think? To get bigger and stronger… I am planning on doing the cycle between my next two visits. ( about 3 months ) This is my thinking… If I do a cycle and my levels are low, then I am not utilizing the full potential of the test E. And when I come off the Androgel and my Endo. will help to get my levels back to normal again. Your thoughts…???

When you say “hard gainer” do you mean difficult, or hard as in your muscle. Sounds silly now that I’m asking but the way I read it came off like you gain well…
If that IS the case why in the world would you mess with steroids in the first place?
If that isn’t the case- why not just try getting your T levels up to par with Androgel and maybe that’ll help your gains?

Either way, and I’m not educated on the whole topic, but I’d say choose one or the other. Seems redundant to do both.

If not, perhaps use Androgel during your off cycle to keep your levels normal? …

[quote]hayabusa1sith wrote:
Went to my Endocrinology Dr.and he tested my test and said it was low. I also had all the symptoms that go a long with it.I lift weights and diet to gain muscle mass. It takes me a FEW days to recover and I am a hard gainer. I just started Androgel 2 weeks ago ( given to me by my Dr. ) and I am planing on doing a 12 week cycle of Test E and Deca. What im not sure about is…

After my test levels are normal, should I continue taking the Androgel while on cycle? I plain on a 750 test e and 400-500 deca a week cycle. Any input would be appreciated. [/quote]

How old are you?
Your diet is based to Gain. Care to elaborate? Cals, Macro breakdown?
Years training? Current height, weight, Bodyfat %?
Current Training style/program?
Current Supplementation?
Current Sleep Schedule?
How do you handle Stress? Are you strung out or chill?

Now that you’re on Gel, your Insulin sensitivity, protein synthesis, and Anabolic signals will be well higher than you’re normally used to. Use the Gel to make your “Natural Testosterone level” Gains, then later if needed Blast and cruise as it’s known.