Any Former Fatties?

[quote]ThisIsMyRifle wrote:
I’ve been reading this web-site for about a year and there is so much here. There is lots of advise and things to learn here but is there anyone out there that was in great shape, got fat and then back in great shape…What workouts did you do and what diets did you do that helped you…Im 6’5" 260lbs 29yrs old is there and advise.

Thanks[/quote]

When I was in the service, I was 200 lbs of adreniline and always on the run.
Over the last 20 years I really let myself go, I used my job and family pressures as an excuse to my poor nutrition, and now I am a FB.
I really did not know how to eat properly, I thought eating healthy was take out chinese, the rest of the time was dinner out of a box and a 6 pack of Guinness.

I finally got sick and tired of feeling, and looking like crap. About six months ago I stummbled onto this websight and started reading. I first learned what clean eating means. I quit eating like crap and only buy fresh meats, fish, poultry, veggies, fruits, oats and eggs. Its easy and not expensive, I stop on my way home from work at least 3 times a week for fresh foods, that way I can eat what im craving at that time ( fish or chicken , or whatever).
Second, I bought a used set of dumbells, an adjustable bench, and a used mountain bike ( funds were kinda low).

I just kept reading, lifting and learning. As I learn more I adjust my workouts, and keep pushing. I workout 4 x per week and ride my bike on off days. I have lost about 15 pounds so far, and I must say that nutrition has been a huge part of it so far.
I am now in search of a power/squat cage so I can incorporate more core strength workouts.
Its definately a lifestyle change, and nobody’s going to give it to you, you must go after it.

P.S. Guinness is good. lol

Thanks for all the advise so far from everyone on this website.

Cheers,
mepacho