Any Experts on Latin Culture?

Hey folks, this is a bit random, but I suppose that’s what this forum is for…

Anyway, I’m wonder if there is some sort of stereotypical head wear that is associated with Latin culture. This head wear would be almost universally used by Spanish speakers at best, and non-offensive to most Spanish speaking countries at worst.

For instance, I though of the Mexican sombrero, but my guess is that this is mostly a Mexican thing and that Colombians wouldn’t appreciate being associated with it…

Really I have no idea, but I will say that even something that predates Spanish and can be associated with the ancient Empires of times past i.e. Incan, Aztec, Maya etc… would be helpful.

I’m creating a logo for a friend and I’d like the head piece to be easily recognizable and easily associated with the Spanish speakers of the Americas.

Thanks friends!

Also, if there is some symbol that represents ALL Spanish speakers, or at least MOST Spanish speakers, and is accepted by them, that would help.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Hey folks, this is a bit random, but I suppose that’s what this forum is for…

Anyway, I’m wonder if there is some sort of stereotypical head wear that is associated with Latin culture. This head wear would be almost universally used by Spanish speakers at best, and non-offensive to most Spanish speaking countries at worst.

For instance, I though of the Mexican sombrero, but my guess is that this is mostly a Mexican thing and that Colombians wouldn’t appreciate being associated with it…

Really I have no idea, but I will say that even something that predates Spanish and can be associated with the ancient Empires of times past i.e. Incan, Aztec, Maya etc… would be helpful.

I’m creating a logo for a friend and I’d like the head piece to be easily recognizable and easily associated with the Spanish speakers of the Americas.

Also, if there is some symbol that represents ALL Spanish speakers, or at least MOST Spanish speakers, and is accepted by them, that would help.

Thanks friends![/quote]

I like the sombrero idea.

Other possible symbols:

Something associated with tequila
Do a google image search of ‘hecho en mexico’
An agave plant
Virgin Mary *
Aztec god
Mariachis
An eagle with a snake on a cactus
Volkswagen beetle type 1
Something to do with a Mexican’s wrestler’s mask
Loteria set (Mexican bingo)
Pancho Villa

Some ideas that come to mind so far.

I doubt the sombrero will fly in South America. Wouldn’t something like this have more general resonance?

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your thoughts. Apparently the symbol for La Raza is just el sol and some other shapes. So maybe the sun will work.

I’m Colombian. There is no way you can really symbolize “latin America”. For me Central Americans are much different than South Americans except for maybe Costa Rica and Panama.

I can’t stand when people think because someone speaks spanish they’re automatically Mexican. Hell, call me a spic but not a Mexican lol.