T Nation

Any Eating Rules for Thanksgiving?

Because I’m so far away from my physique goals, I feel like even though I will cheat like all hell today, I have to keep a few rules to keep from going insane and running 6 miles after.

Over-stressing?

-No HFCS
-No deep fried anything
-1 sugary desert, preferably sweet potato or pumpkin pie

Everything else fair game.

[quote]giograves wrote:
Because I’m so far away from my physique goals, I feel like even though I will cheat like all hell today, I have to keep a few rules to keep from going insane and running 6 miles after.

Over-stressing?

-No HFCS
-No deep fried anything

Everything else fair game.[/quote]

Its one day in the grand scheme of things, the key is to not make it a slippery slope where 1 day strings into 4 or 5 days like it.

BULKING SEASON!!! EAT IT ALL!!!

If it fits in your mouth, eat it. If it doesn’t fit in your mouth, take bites that do. Those are my basic rules.

(and I’m talking about food, so perverts don’t get the wrong idea).

My personal regime for Thanksgiving eating.

Step 1: Approach dinner table
Step 2: Find somewhat comfortable seating (Optional)
Step 3: Inhale dinner table
Step 4: .

Rule: Live and eat like an average person on vacations and holidays (overeating not included).

Go to the gym and squat 10 sets of 10 reps before your Thanksgiving meal.

tweet

OP

Your a look good in your avatar there matey. If that’s a current pic I wouldn’t worry to much about it…

Hope you enjoyed to the fullest

moog

If it’s free, EAT IT!

[quote]Eazy wrote:

[quote]giograves wrote:

Over-stressing?

-No HFCS
-No deep fried anything

Everything else fair game.[/quote]

Its one day in the grand scheme of things, the key is to not make it a slippery slope where 1 day strings into 4 or 5 days like it.
[/quote]

This, ate what the fuck I wanted. Gained 7#s from morning till night, stomach distended. All is good

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Rule: Live and eat like an average person on vacations and holidays (overeating not included). [/quote]

this

I did well, instead of my usual performance of buffet killing, I had no stupid appetizer foods, and had the turkey first in my meal. I thought starting with protein would help give me the feeling of being full at the earliest chance. Then I worked in some veggies, had no potatoes or yams, since I would rather save my carbs for the desserts anyway.

I also had an early morning cardio session to help with damage control.

I enjoyed myself, no guilty feeling, didn’t stuff myself into oblivion, and didn’t have a food coma later on.

weighed 198 yesterday, 203 today. Played hockey in the morning to get my metabolism going.

I made it a planned cheat day, I also over indulged. I didn’t over compensate in my workout. 3 days later back to where I was before thanksgiving. On a holiday give it your all. Fucking eat.

I hope you ate like a fucking man on Thanksgiving.

Ended up an epic fail… like the american pie scene with the euro chick in the bedroom (smh).

I just really couldn’t bring myself to eat with no bounds. Problem for me is food rules(ed) my life…like a drug. I’ve been away from my favorites for too long so I know if I indulged the drug addict part of the brain would have red lined…

Did hit the sweet potato pie tho…

pussy. lol. That’s some discipline that I simply do not possess.

Gained 9.5 lbs in a 5 hour eating window. Twas great

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:
I made it a planned cheat day, I also over indulged. I didn’t over compensate in my workout. 3 days later back to where I was before thanksgiving. On a holiday give it your all. Fucking eat.

[/quote]

This.

I’m still up 3 pounds. Hopefully all those extra calories turned into muscle XD