Any Easier Way of Consuming Eggs?

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

If you’re going to look at protein utilization, you need to remember that only about half of the protein from raw eggs is used by the body.[/quote]

Yes,I’ve read that statement on here. There seems to be some dissention between the posters as to whether this is true or not.

I surfed around to verify the info and it seems that cooking does increase the protein availability from 51% to 91%, at least in the articles I read.

But it also went on to say that cooking eggs increases the risk of atherosclerosis! Fuck it, I’ll just eat kangaroo -

Although not the purpose of this study, it seems to suggest that cooked eggs have higher assimilation than raw

It seems to be so.

So, to my original point, eating eggs (cooked now) has a protein utilisation rate of close to 100% and according to the Arnold Encyclopedia, they’re used as the relative guide for other protein rich foods.

ie:- eggs - 100%

• steak - 70%

etc.

Egg albumin seems to be a good way to go too

What i do is put six raw eggs in a blender mixed with milk and two frozen bananas. Can’t taste the eggs at all.
Is also very easy to drink, and a good way of downing large quantities of eggs.

[quote]aussie101 wrote:
What i do is put six raw eggs in a blender mixed with milk and two frozen bananas. Can’t taste the eggs at all.
Is also very easy to drink, and a good way of downing large quantities of eggs. [/quote]

Agreed, but the thinking is that you’re only getting the protein benefits of 3 eggs. Seems logical to cook 'em instead and get the full protein benefits.

[quote]Duke wrote:
aussie101 wrote:

Agreed, but the thinking is that you’re only getting the protein benefits of 3 eggs. Seems logical to cook 'em instead and get the full protein benefits.[/quote]

you get more protein from cooked eggs?

[quote]eddy09 wrote:
Duke wrote:
aussie101 wrote:

Agreed, but the thinking is that you’re only getting the protein benefits of 3 eggs. Seems logical to cook 'em instead and get the full protein benefits.

you get more protein from cooked eggs? [/quote]

Despite what you hear, no one really knows for sure. Arguing whether to eat six eggs raw or cooked is just stupid. If it bothers you that much, just don’t eat eggs, there’s plenty of other protein sources.

[quote]eddy09 wrote:
Duke wrote:
aussie101 wrote:

you get more protein from cooked eggs? [/quote]

Only spouting the info I read on the net, but it’s suggested in a number of articles that cooked eggs allow more of the protein in the egg available to be utilised by the body.
So there’s not more protein, it’s just used better if it’s cooked… apparently

What about boiling the eggs and then blending them up? Never tried it but I’m sure if you blended them up well you wouldnt even notice them

Make them into…CAKE!

Easiest way to eat eggs for me is just… scrambled! You take 4 eggs, put them in the pan, wait a minute, then scramble them. You then wait about 1 or 2 extra minute and serve. There ya go!

If you want some extra taste, I like eating them with “light” syrup. You can also put cheese on it for a change.

Learn to make good omlettes. Spices, meats and vegetables can be piled together to make eggs pretty tasty and make that tofu texture more palatable.

Just about anything can work in an omlette�??corn, spinach, broccoli, sausage/chorizo, ham, crab, salmon, chicken, etc. Keep a few kinds of cured meat and pre-cut veggies on-hand so that you can just throw something new together every day.

6 eggs
red onion
minced garlic
cut up ham/turkey cold cuts into little bits
pepper
cayenne

tastes amazing and not eggy at all. also ~60g protein

[quote]Evil1 wrote:
Steel cut oats
egg whites
cottage cheese
Blueberries

blend together and make pancakes!!! splenda if you want[/quote]

Do the oats need to be soaked first? Wouldn’t they be kind of hard in the time to cook a pancake? Sounds delicious. Only I think I’d put the whole egg in there.

[quote]Duke wrote:
eddy09 wrote:

Only spouting the info I read on the net, but it’s suggested in a number of articles that cooked eggs allow more of the protein in the egg available to be utilised by the body.
So there’s not more protein, it’s just used better if it’s cooked… apparently[/quote]

I don’t see how cooking protein would make amino acids any more available than hydrochloric acid would. The acid is responsible for hydrolyzing the polypeptides whether they’re cooked or not.

I know that vegetables have more vitamins available after they’re cooked because cooking them breaks down the cell wall, but an egg is a single cell that doesn’t have a cell wall.

The only other way it would make sense is if it was bound to an extremely large molecule that isn’t easily digested (such as an agglutinin). If that were the case, however, eggs would likely be a common food allergy.

[quote]steno wrote:
Duke wrote:
eddy09 wrote:

I don’t see how cooking protein would make amino acids any more available than hydrochloric acid would. The acid is responsible for hydrolyzing the polypeptides whether they’re cooked or not.

I know that vegetables have more vitamins available after they’re cooked because cooking them breaks down the cell wall, but an egg is a single cell that doesn’t have a cell wall.

The only other way it would make sense is if it was bound to an extremely large molecule that isn’t easily digested (such as an agglutinin). If that were the case, however, eggs would likely be a common food allergy.[/quote]

As I said, I’m just spouting what I’ve read on the net, so if you don’t understand how it works, Google it check it out, it’s explained in great detail and seems to make sense.

NUKED EGGS

mix them in a bowl

than put them in the microwave

[quote]steno wrote:
Duke wrote:
eddy09 wrote:

The only other way it would make sense is if it was bound to an extremely large molecule that isn’t easily digested (such as an agglutinin). If that were the case, however, eggs would likely be a common food allergy.[/quote]

Eggs ARE a very common food allergy next to wheat, nuts, soy, and milk. Notice how processed foods have labels that write the common food allergens in bold lettering when they list the ingredients. Go into any grocery store and check out the breads. They likely have whole wheat flour and soy lecithin in bold lettering.

[quote]debraD wrote:
Evil1 wrote:
Steel cut oats
egg whites
cottage cheese
Blueberries

blend together and make pancakes!!! splenda if you want

Do the oats need to be soaked first? Wouldn’t they be kind of hard in the time to cook a pancake? Sounds delicious. Only I think I’d put the whole egg in there.
[/quote]

nope. better if you dry grind them first since you’re using them as a flour replacement.
You could the whole egg. It’s just an old recipe from memory, back when i was going low fat(btw…worst time of my life)