T Nation

Any Easier Way of Consuming Eggs?

well to put it i hate eggs, in any form, they taste disgusting to me but iv been trying to bulk up and been trying to feed myself 6-7 boiled eggs with my oatmeal in the morning, the thing is i always feel like im gonna barf when im eating the eggs. i was thimking of just consuming them raw with heavy cream and making sort of a shake out of it, it would be much easier to consume them in liquid form than to chew the nasty eggwhites.

in vince girondas book the wild physique vince recomends a dozen raw eggs mixed in with cream but i was wondering if the body will be able to fully digest the protein in raw eggs

If you hate the taste, I think you answered your own question, eat them raw in some sort of shake.

I’m not a huge fan of eggs either, so I always have to figure out good ways to cook them. Plain scrambled eggs taste like ass to me.

Scrambled eggs with ham and cheese work great for me - it’s pretty loaded with protein too. I have this at least a couple times a week.

Steel cut oats
egg whites
cottage cheese
Blueberries

blend together and make pancakes!!! splenda if you want

Close your eyes when you eat them. If you can’t see them, they’re not really there. Problem solved.

Well I’m going to go out on a limb here and say… eat something else?

If you don’t like eggs, then don’t eat them. It’s that simple. You can get by without them as you can get the amino acids from other protein forms. Boiled eggs may be harder to get down as they are more solid. Have you tried scrambled or poached? Maybe spread tbhem out over the day instead of eating all at once. Cut them up in your tuna or other salad. Just be creative.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Well I’m going to go out on a limb here and say… eat something else?[/quote]

That’s crazzzzy talk.

It’s sort of like you’re implying that he might be able to get the protein and nutrients from other sources?

[quote]Scott M wrote:

beat me to it, lol

[quote]Evil1 wrote:
Steel cut oats
egg whites
cottage cheese
Blueberries

blend together and make pancakes!!! splenda if you want[/quote]

i’m gonna try that one tomorrow. haven’t used steel cut oats yet to make pancakes, only the quick quaker ones. I usually just put regular eggs and blend them. also, a scoop of Grow! whey makes it goooood =]

Cholula.

[quote]Scott M wrote:

WHOA BUDDY I THINK YOU WENT TOO FAR THERE!

lol yeah i would eat something els but you have to admit eggs are the most economical source of getting protein. hell i even tried eating em like pills with water lol. but my main question was if it is viable to drink em raw as they would be alot easier to consume.

You could always just soldier through it.

Alright, that was a pretty douchebag response, but look at Rocky. He drank raw egg all the time!

Large Eggs 1 dozen= 76 grams protein/1.99= 35 grams a dollar

Chicken breast 1 lb raw=105 grams protein/1.99=52.5 grams a dollar

Lean steak about the same as chicken price wise if you find it on sale. I got 1.79 a lb london broil two weeks ago.

Whey isolate(real isolate lol) 1 lb=420 grams protein/9.01= 46.6 grams a dollar

Gemma isolate 1 lb=384 grams protein/4.41=87 grams a dollar

So if we are talking economical, eggs aren’t stacking up. Frugal shopping has it’s benefits

For the sake of discussion - don’t you also have to take into account the amount of protein used by the body, not just how much protein is in the food?

Protein from eggs is close to 100% utilised by the body whereas fish or steak is around 70% utilised.

As for ways to ingest them;
Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon slivers thrown in, changes the taste and consistency quite a bit.
Or as the others have said, put 3 whole eggs into a shake, with protein powder, a banana and a sprinkling of coffee or chocolate powder for taste - you’d never even know there was egss in the shake.

Yeah…raw eggs, whole milk, honey. Blend and chug. Yum.

Add a banana if you want.

I cant eat eggs with oats… the oats fill me up too quick. I can however manage to get down 6 hardboiled eggs using water to wash them down.

I love hard boiled eggs… I am however getting tired of scrambled eggs… Ill usually just hardboil a dozen of them and wa la a quick snack with some natural sea salt mmmm

[quote]Duke wrote:
For the sake of discussion - don’t you also have to take into account the amount of protein used by the body, not just how much protein is in the food?

Protein from eggs is close to 100% utilised by the body whereas fish or steak is around 70% utilised.

As for ways to ingest them;
Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon slivers thrown in, changes the taste and consistency quite a bit.
Or as the others have said, put 3 whole eggs into a shake, with protein powder, a banana and a sprinkling of coffee or chocolate powder for taste - you’d never even know there was egss in the shake.[/quote]

If you’re going to look at protein utilization, you need to remember that only about half of the protein from raw eggs is used by the body.