Any Dudes Wanna Get Married?

You just cannot get it through your thick skull that race IS NOT in any way analogous to gender can you? My church has a bunch of racially mixed families. Black/white, Arab/white, asian/white that I can think of at the moment going both ways with the races of the men and women. Interestingly we have more white men with black women.

In Detroit in general it’s usually the other way around. They are simply godly families to us. That is not even in the same social or moral universe as people of the same gender. It isn’t. Come up with something else. That just does not fly at all.

[quote]forlife wrote:
I mean, like, shouldn’t we let the individual states decide if they want to allow black men to marry white women???

And of course, if black men marry white women, they shouldn’t be able to get immigration rights, file jointly on their tax returns, or any of the other 1,000+ federal rights reserved to properly married same race couples.[/quote]

So?

I am assuming those laws are written on a federal level, they can choose to acknowledge those marriages anytime.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

Easy to fix this post to make a point.[/quote]

I’d appreciate it if you did. What are the legal (in terms of rights etc) differences between civil unions and marriage in the U.S.?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Oh cool, we’re yet closer to the irreversible destruction of the organized child bearing and raising that marriage was. Upwards and onwards to an incurable case of broken homes, lonely and childless elderly, and the impervious welfare state needed to carry it all. Well, until it runs out of young, well-adjusted, and productive workers to bleed dry. In the meantime, I suppose we should be moving on to championing for the polygamorous. Or hell, whatever size and shape of arrangment consenting adults can dream up. I mean it’s great that we made a public cause out of men lusting after the orifices of other men, stamping the marriage label on it, but there’s other consenting adults with active imaginations out there. Chop, chop.[/quote]

Man you should also be thinking it through the other perspective. You know, the one that is less cynical but thinks about the positive consequences of gay marriage. Introducing more equality into society is always a positive thing that hopefully fosters equality improvement in other sects of our social organisation. There are other tangible benefits like more kids getting adopted.

This won’t affect you or your marriage. Teh gays won’t be the reason your fiance says no when you show her that ring or when your wife opens that envelope from the divorce attorney.

[quote]forlife wrote:
I mean, like, shouldn’t we let the individual states decide if they want to allow black men to marry white women???

And of course, if black men marry white women, they shouldn’t be able to get immigration rights, file jointly on their tax returns, or any of the other 1,000+ federal rights reserved to properly married same race couples.[/quote]

But unlike two guys having butt sex, a black man can impregnate his white wife and produce children.

http://catholicleague.org/release.php?id=2178
Bill Donahue on the bill, great question by him to Gay Leaders:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

Because a lot of gay guys are fit as hell, which cannor be said of the marchers of average parades?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Oh cool, we’re yet closer to the irreversible destruction of the organized child bearing and raising that marriage was. Upwards and onwards to an incurable case of broken homes, lonely and childless elderly, and the impervious welfare state needed to carry it all. Well, until it runs out of young, well-adjusted, and productive workers to bleed dry. In the meantime, I suppose we should be moving on to championing for the polygamorous. Or hell, whatever size and shape of arrangement consenting adults can dream up. I mean it’s great that we made a public cause out of men lusting after the orifices of other men, stamping the marriage label on it, but there’s other consenting adults with active imaginations out there. Chop, chop.[/quote]As usual in these matters you are right on. We are committing national suicide.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
You know, the one that is less cynical but thinks about the positive consequences of gay marriage.[/quote]

You mean less children to support the entitlement programs? How will I get paid my Gay Marriage benefits if there is no one to pay for them.

At least “the other side” is in demographic suicide mode at pretty close to 0 children per mother.

Good for New York. If people don’t want it in their state don’t vote people in who will give them marriage status.

Long live the 10th amendment.

[quote]orion wrote:

Because a lot of gay guys are fit as hell, which cannor be said of the marchers of average parades?

[/quote]

The average marcher of NY City is a firefighter.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]

I was just using FL’s example. I am guessing you have a black wife?

[quote]John S. wrote:
Good for New York. If people don’t want it in their state don’t vote people in who will give them marriage status.

Long live the 10th amendment.[/quote]

That’s kind of hard when people say they won’t vote for it, but then do…anyway majority of NY State didn’t want it, but congratulations NY, what you want doesn’t mean anything.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]

I was just using FL’s example. I am guessing you have a black wife?[/quote]No, but people at my church do. I knew what you meant.