Any Dallas Area Lifters In Here?

I’m new to the Dallas area and am looking for some powerlifters to train with in my garage. I have a pretty good set up: 1300lb test squat stands, bench made out of wood (seriously), 1000+ lbs of weights, heavy duty olympic db handles, farmers walk handles, chains, bands, olympic bar, squat boxes, bench press boards and a small atlas stone I use for conditioning/GPP.

I’m to far south (40 miles) to train…but welcome to the DFW area. Where did you move from?

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
I’m to far south (40 miles) to train…but welcome to the DFW area. Where did you move from? [/quote]

Mabank, Tx… about 40 miles south of Dallas

[quote]Loftearmen wrote:

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
I’m to far south (40 miles) to train…but welcome to the DFW area. Where did you move from? [/quote]

Mabank, Tx… about 40 miles south of Dallas[/quote]

Cedar Creek? You work there too or commute?
I’m in Waxahachie.

Any tips on Dallas gym selection? Particularly in uptown Dallas would be awesome.

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:
Any tips on Dallas gym selection? Particularly in uptown Dallas would be awesome.[/quote]

For Uptown, most people seem to go to Gold’s, which is precisely why I avoid it. I also hear Energy Fitness and Trophy Fitness tossed around a lot, though I have been to neither. I work out at Diesel Fitness currently. They have a whopping 2 squat racks, but people there seem to be allergic to them so I usually have no problems getting on one. Also helps that it is $20 a month and walking distance from my apartment.

I lived for a year in Dallas at the Bryson (I left June 2012, moved to Florida), uptown Dallas. Energy Fitness it attached to the Bryson and if you live there I think it cost less than 200 bones per year. Anyway, I compete in PL and chalk was allowed there and I pulled from the ground. There are not other PLers there. There are a few competitive bodybuilders, fitness people. But they won’t harrass you for training PL. There is only one squat cage, 3 benches. I trained early in the AM ~5am, so I never had a hard time getting what I needed. The owner is a former A&M football player.

hope that helps, Beef

North of Dallas, in Carrolton, there is Authentic Strength Gym. It is owned by powerlifters.