Any Comments? Black on White Crime

http://halturnershow.com/KnoxvilleBlack-On-WhiteRacistHateMurders.html

http://www.volunteertv.com/special/headlines/5483316.html

This was an absolutely HORRENDOUS crime that should be punished to the full extent that the Law will allow…

That’s it…

Mufasa

Even on this forum, I’d bet you won’t get much discussion on this one.

First off, that story was honesltly fucking sickening. To try to fathom what could induce a human being to ever commit, to ever considering committing anything in relevance to those acts, is beyond me.

As far as the black on white crime and white on black crime, I agree that a lot of times this has been thrown out of proportion in regards to white on black crime being reported ten fold more (reverse racism since decades ago). We should keep in mind, however, that reporting any crime as this on this, or that on that, is racist in itself,; we are all people.

Yes, God forbid a black man is accused of committing anything, it’s onyl n accusation anymore, it’s because he’s black and we can’t have racism. I read an article in the paper a couple weeks ago about the sharp decline, actually disgusting decrease in gun arrests being made by NJ State Troopers on the turnpike. Where it was once in the hundreds and hundreds every year is now down to about fifteen or something pathetic like that. Want to know why? Because a large amount of minorities complained about being racially profiled, so much that the efds now forbid and closely watch the troopers so they cannot do this.

Oh, apparently it’s racist to pull over four black males wearing bandanas in an '89 accord on the turnpike while the only other car on the road is a Caravan with three kids from soccer being driven by mom. Honeslty, give me a fucking break. This isn’t racist, it’s common sense. For all of us in New Jersey, let’s remember that it’s more important to not offend some minorities over making our streets safer from a horde of illegal arms. Then they’ll bitch about too many shootings in their neighborhood and never make the connection as to where it was originally catalyzed from. This is ridiculous, it really is. I just can’t believe they would sacrifice out safety over trying to be fair.

You want to know why you’re profiled? Let’s see, blacks are incarcerated at an eight to one ratio of whites, one out of every three black males is either on probation, parole, or incarcerated, blacks are responsible for sixty-five percent of murders and rapes in the United States. I am NOT racist, I have numerous friends of different ethnicities, I’m not some dumb hick hating people based on their skin color.

What I am pissed off about is knowing that I can’t be as safe because of some bullshit, that the police can’t do their jobs to the fullest extent because of some moronic federal overseeing that has no positive benefit. If anybody would like to disagree and claim that I’m wrong, that we should rid racial profiling and hinder police from effectively protecting us, our children, I’d love to hear your reasons why.

[quote]derek wrote:
http://halturnershow.com/KnoxvilleBlack-On-WhiteRacistHateMurders.html

http://www.volunteertv.com/special/headlines/5483316.html
[/quote]

I’ve always joked about the bias within the media, but this is one of the few times I can honestly say that I’m really surprised that this didn’t get any significant national coverage. If the situation had be reversed, 5 white people torturing and murdering two black people, this would have been front-page news for weeks on end! I’m honestly disgusted.

Then, on the other hand.

This is disgusting. These guys do not represent the average black man any more than the KKK represents me. I would hate for anyone to use this to fuel more racial based hatred in either direction. Anytime you lead with skin color it makes it seem that it is of primary importance.

I think the bias, sensationalism and fearmongering our media does is better indicated by the excess coverage given the poor guy that was dragged to death in Texas rather than the lack of coverage here.

Both of these stories should have been local stories, not national.

What are the chances of them being let of the hook by an all black jury?

There is NO chance that any of them will be “let off” by ANY jury…

Don’t go there…

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
There is NO chance that any of them will be “let off” by ANY jury…

Don’t go there…

Mufasa[/quote]

http://www.wstm.com/Global/story.asp?S=6042025
Really you sure about that?

It’s sad but in many cases, even one like this, the judicial system is a roll of the dice.

Attorneys and courts can do amazing things.

There will be NO jury in the United States who will “let off” these people after beating, torturing then raping and murdering this couple…

Yes, I’m sure.

The link you posted doesn’t even come close to the gravity of the original Crime of this thread.

Mufasa

Let me say this, though…

“Plea” bargaining would be something I would be more concerned about.

However, in this case, it will be a most likely a “plea” to avoid Death…(which, quite frankly, I think they ALL deserve. The suffering that this couple must have gone through before they died makes it hard for me to even type).

Mufasa

Can’t wait until the do the sequel to Black Snake Moan with Crystal Gail Mangum and the Duke lacrosse team. They can call it, “Duke Snake Moan.”

http://www.moanmovie.com/

I think they should get 6 months in jail… in the KKK wing of a gang-segregated prison. I generally like the idea of using prisoners’ own tendencies to deal with issues like this. Why should society have to get its hands dirty dispensing the appropriate justice?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
This is disgusting. These guys do not represent the average black man any more than the KKK represents me. I would hate for anyone to use this to fuel more racial based hatred in either direction. Anytime you lead with skin color it makes it seem that it is of primary importance.

I think the bias, sensationalism and fearmongering our media does is better indicated by the excess coverage given the poor guy that was dragged to death in Texas rather than the lack of coverage here.

Both of these stories should have been local stories, not national.
[/quote]

Zap,

Word! Spot on!

Everything.

~lift

[quote]etaco wrote:
I think they should get 6 months in jail… in the KKK wing of a gang-segregated prison. I generally like the idea of using prisoners’ own tendencies to deal with issues like this. Why should society have to get its hands dirty dispensing the appropriate justice? [/quote]

The Ideal Prison:

1. should be a closed society; with protective walls so that none should get out and no should want get it.

2. should subsist on the fruits of its own labor whereby productive means are controlled by the state.

3. should be filtered of such information would cause upstart within its walls.

4. Should be populated by all races, sexes, religions.

5. Darwin’s Law is the only law within its walls.

6. The state shall not intervene in the lives within the walls.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
etaco wrote:
I think they should get 6 months in jail… in the KKK wing of a gang-segregated prison. I generally like the idea of using prisoners’ own tendencies to deal with issues like this. Why should society have to get its hands dirty dispensing the appropriate justice?

The Ideal Prison:

1. should be a closed society; with protective walls so that none should get out and no should want get it.

2. should subsist on the fruits of its own labor whereby productive means are controlled by the state.

3. should be filtered of such information would cause upstart within its walls.

4. Should be populated by all races, sexes, religions.

5. Darwin’s Law is the only law within its walls.

6. The state shall not intervene in the lives within the walls.[/quote]

You forgot the pay-per-view feeds to pay for it all.

[quote]MisterAmazing wrote:
You want to know why you’re profiled? Let’s see, blacks are incarcerated at an eight to one ratio of whites, one out of every three black males is either on probation, parole, or incarcerated, blacks are responsible for sixty-five percent of murders and rapes in the United States. I am NOT racist, I have numerous friends of different ethnicities, I’m not some dumb hick hating people based on their skin color.

What I am pissed off about is knowing that I can’t be as safe because of some bullshit, that the police can’t do their jobs to the fullest extent because of some moronic federal overseeing that has no positive benefit. If anybody would like to disagree and claim that I’m wrong, that we should rid racial profiling and hinder police from effectively protecting us, our children, I’d love to hear your reasons why.

[/quote]

I can certainly understand your position.

You live in a society that, due to certain factors, a black person is more likely to become a criminal than a white person.

Forcing police to be equal in how many black people they suspect of being criminals and how many white people they suspect of being criminals doesn’t make sense, within the context of America.

However, this sounds, to me, like a case of misplacing focus. Of believing that allowing police to racially profile based on the disproportionate number of black criminals would deter more blacks from criminal activity (since they would know they are more likely to be suspect of it, and therefore more likely to be caught).

I think the focus should be on the real problem: The factors in America that cause a disproportionate number of minorities (especially blacks) to be involved in criminal activity.

I think the question you (and I, and everyone) should be asking isn’t “What is the best way to keep me safe?” but “How can I contribute to making ours a society that does not create such racial imbalances?”

So my questions to you are: What factors do you see that contribute to the disproportionate number of black criminals (relative to other races)? And what, do you see, could be done to deal with these issues; specifically, what can you, personally, do?

It will be a while before I will get this story and these kids faces out of my mind…

For me is has ceased (and probably never was) a “black/white” story…but a very tragic Human one…

Damn…

Mufasa