Any Church Goers?

…any church goers in here? anybody belief in a higher power?

Roman Catholic.

I’m a follower of Jesus, but the church is a corrupt business today.

Edited to add: Your thread doesn’t surprise me after reading your post on forgiveness in the Whitney Houston thread.

:slight_smile:

I believe in a higher power. Jesus is one such name for that power.

Nope.

I believe that one only needs rules if they have no internal moral compass.

Empathy doesn’t require religion.

[quote]Christine wrote:
Nope.

Empathy doesn’t require religion.[/quote]

Yeah, but I’ll bet you can name a ton of self-rightous religious folk who do not possess one bit of empathy. I think you know what I mean… short of taking this over to PWI. :wink:

occasionally, just because some are loudmouths doesn’t mean the bible doesn’t have valuable valuable information.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:
Nope.

Yeah, but I’ll bet you can name a ton of self-rightous religious folk who do not possess one bit of empathy. I think you know what I mean… short of taking this over to PWI. :wink:
[/quote]

Exactly.

And this thread will end up there by morning anyway.

:slight_smile:

[quote]Christine wrote:
[/quote]

Isn’t having an internal moral compass mean having rules that you set for yourself?

[quote]Christine wrote:
Nope.

So empathy is the purpose of life? And define “morals” or which direction is best. Something shapes yours as well as, say, Ted Bundy’s.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:
[/quote]

Isn’t having an internal moral compass mean having rules that you set for yourself?[/quote]
Just let the woman be irrational

:wink:

[quote]Christine wrote:
Nope.

right on right. Religion is basically an old form of government.

No one knows, and anyone that believes they do is questionable to me.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:
[/quote]

Isn’t having an internal moral compass mean having rules that you set for yourself?[/quote]

;)[/quote]

You guys are not getting what she is saying. Of course an internal compass means one has their own rules, but does not mean you have to follow some set of standard “rules” given by an “authority”

[quote]Christine wrote:
[/quote]

No.

Love the J-man, but not a big fan of most Christians or churches. Most desire to be God and be able to pass judgement on others and be above human emotion or feeling, whereas I believe that the foundation of believing in Jesus is admitting that you are a horrible person and you need His forgiveness and guidance.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:
[/quote]

;)[/quote]

You guys are not getting what she is saying. Of course an internal compass means one has their own rules, but does not mean you have to follow some set of standard “rules” given by an “authority”[/quote]

I really don’t think it means having steadfast rules.

I live in a world that is grey.

[quote]Christine wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:
[/quote]

No.[/quote]

The human conscience cannot be trusted, we are way too intelligent and perceptive to where we can justify just about anything we do regardless of the negative effect it may have on others.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Mohandas Gandhi

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:
[/quote]

;)[/quote]

You guys are not getting what she is saying. Of course an internal compass means one has their own rules, but does not mean you have to follow some set of standard “rules” given by an “authority”[/quote]

Ah okay. Thanks.

I believe in a Higher Power. Jesus Christ & God. I am not one to push my beliefs onto others or judge. However, in my experience there is no question in my mind, heart & soul that can change that. Without going into detail without devine intervention I would not be posting this.