T Nation

Any Calories In Flavored Teas?

To those who drink flavored teas, I was wondering if they have any calories.I am talking about teas like apricot green or white peach.

Do you brew it? If so then it doesnt contain any calories. If you buy it in a bottle at the store you can almost guarantee that it does unless it say “Diet” right on the front… Check the label

Brewed teas are calorie free.

http://www.revolutiontea.com/oolong-tea/

That stuff is damn good… but also pretty damn pricey.

Even if it calorie-free, ya gotta watch out for that articial shite like aspartame and sucralose…

How to they flavor the tea then? It is real fruit.

By the way I was looking at the tea at www.adagio.com. Sorry I don’t know how to post links.

Adagio=cal free… Although I find many of the “flavored” teas from adagio lacking in variety. They all use the same “base” and then the flavorings are on top of it… As a result they all taste very similar.

I’m on the search for a good Thai Iced Tea that doesnt use a powder.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Adagio=cal free… Although I find many of the “flavored” teas from adagio lacking in variety. They all use the same “base” and then the flavorings are on top of it… As a result they all taste very similar.

I’m on the search for a good Thai Iced Tea that doesnt use a powder.[/quote]

Are there any brands or sites you recommend? I usually drink store brand green tea bags, but I am beginning to get sick of the flavor.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:

Are there any brands or sites you recommend? I usually drink store brand green tea bags, but I am beginning to get sick of the flavor.[/quote]

Ehhh… For the most part groceries stores sell a wide variety of teas at a good price. Unless you are drinking copious amounts of one flavor, you could probably just stick to the grocery store shelves for a while. There are so many great flavors to choose from it could take you a while before you find 3 or 4 that you really like. Also, some teas drink different hot from their iced version.

Green tea also comes in a variety of flavors as well, many of which are much better than “just” green tea.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:

Are there any brands or sites you recommend? I usually drink store brand green tea bags, but I am beginning to get sick of the flavor.[/quote]

I like Adagio. Berry Blast is so sweet I can hardly drink it without diluting in with more water. I also love the Carmel rooibos.

I get all my tea from Adagio or Special Teas. Loose leaf blows the bagged tea dust you buy at the grocery store out of the universe, not only in taste but also in antioxidant content.

how do they add the flavor in without adding calories? I mean it is real fruit

[quote]maverick88 wrote:
how do they add the flavor in without adding calories? I mean it is real fruit[/quote]

Magic.

By brewing the tea into the water you get the “essence” of the flavor without actually ingesting any of the fruit.

My fav:

5 bags of green tea with 1 pack of Crystal lite…stick it in a juice jug and add 2 cups of boiling water. Let it sit for a bit before filling with cold water and putting it in the fridge. Best recipe EVER!

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:

I’m on the search for a good Thai Iced Tea that doesnt use a powder.[/quote]

Let me know if you come across that :)- that would be great.

I’m trying to quit coffee so I started drinking green tea 'cause it’s good for you (they say) and so I still get a little caffeine and don’t go into painful withdrawal. Anyways, I drink a lot of flavored tea so I’ll share the info on the ones I drink. They are not black or white flavored teas. Just fruit or green tea. I’m in Canada and don’t know if these are available where you are. You could brew your green tea with a bag of fruit tea to change the flavour. You could also go to an Asian Market/Store and find many kinds of green tea. I work very close to Chinatown in Vancouver and they have entire stores dedicated just to tea. Perhaps your city has a “Chinatown”.

Lipton Green Tea Mixed Berry (smells like bubble gum or cotton candy) my fave. Zero everything. No calories, carbs, etc.

Tetley Wildberry caffeine free herbal tea. Says it has 0 calories but 1g carb LOL

London Fruit & Herb Company Fruit and Spice Variety Pack (caffeine free){Orange Spicer, Apple and Cinnamon Twist, Lemon Lime Zest, Blackcurrant Bracer]
5 calories 1g carb trace fat .1g protein