Any Broad Jump Experts Out There?

thanks for all the replies:) really appreciate it. i’ll give the suggestions a shot once i get out of my army reservist stint… (all singapore men have to do compulsary national service and 13 years of reserves)…

regds
Jonathan

Wow, all these responses and nobody made a comment about “jumping broads”.

You guys are gay.

(J/K)

Take a look see at the jump in slow motion again everyone. Am I the only one that sees pretty solid technique, except that just prior to the jump, he externally rotates his right foot just prior to the launch? If you want just an extra 2 cm, and I am no expert, but tight external rotators may be robbing you of this and more.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
Take a look see at the jump in slow motion again everyone. Am I the only one that sees pretty solid technique, except that just prior to the jump, he externally rotates his right foot just prior to the launch? If you want just an extra 2 cm, and I am no expert, but tight external rotators may be robbing you of this and more. [/quote]

im impressed thats a sharp observation. Yes i do have some lateral tightness in the right side. I think its because of 6 years of competitive softball. I am working on it with soft tissue work and stretching. Thanks!:slight_smile:

[quote]CaptnJ wrote:
I tested my goal for the year, a 300cm (9’9") broad jump yesterday. I got 298cm 2 times… about an inch or so short…the video is here:

http://captnj.blogspot.com/2006/10/broad-jumpfailed-attempt-for-now.html

any tips on technique? am I jumping too low? is the arm swing ok? any suggestions? especially from those who are exeptional leapers.

regds and thanks,
Joanthan[/quote]

what have you been during for ur slj