Any Better Than Average?

I agree with the above poster.

You are really lean now so it’s time to put on the weight. You say you were a fat kid before so just monitor how you are looking when you are going to bulk. I think you could stand to put on a bit of fat though. You can always trim it off later.

As far as being “any better than average”, I would have to say that you are above the average Joe-shmo. You are leaner and you can tell that you lift. If you are talking about an average bodybuilder, then no I don’t think your better than average. That isn’t something to be mad about but something to celebrate. You are in the next league as far as physiques go. You are measuring your physique against others who exercise regularly.

The fact that you have a below average bodybuilder physique means that you have something to strive for. You have a goal to obtain. Don’t think that you have to obtain this goal overnight either. Think of it as a lifelong commitment.

I hope that helps and I would love to see some progress pictures.

Best of luck.

Rob

[quote]tomkindley wrote:
Your physique is probably better than the guy crtitiquing you man[/quote]

lol. It takes years to build the muscle I’ve built. I could cut to his leanness in less than 2 months. I’m not suggesting I have a great physique, or even one of the better physiques on this site, but come on. Don’t be stupid.

Lol

[quote]Ryancoburn wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Ryancoburn wrote:
Unless you are on gear you will not get that impressive of a bodybuilder type physique. [/quote]

don’t listen to this…[/quote]

I think he is way too lean to put on appreciable muscle as a natty just my opinion. Do you feel differently? [/quote]

Lol…where did you hear this nonsense?

I’d be very curious to see your weekly split. Your beach muscles are impressive while I see there must me minimal attention given to heavy rowing or high intensity leg days.

I think you have a lot of potential, any muscle you gain on your current physique will look really well.

Make sure you are focusing on the big compounds - Barbell bench presses - Chin-ups Deadlifts, etc.

Train hard for a while and post more pics then. Keep up the good work!

If you’re just naturally lean, that’s fine, certainly not a bad thing. Of course at your height, your weight puts you pretty undersized for an “impressive” physique regardless of your level of leanness.

Keep pushing, let time do its thing, and work towards being 10-15 lbs heavier with a comparable level of conditioning. Do that and I guarantee people will say you’re better than average.

S

At your age and level of leanness, you are perfectly primed for a well thought out slow bulk. Small, continuous surplus of calories and some smart lifting and in few years you will look amazing.

[quote]Igs wrote:
At your age and level of leanness, you are perfectly primed for a well thought out slow bulk. Small, continuous surplus of calories and some smart lifting and in few years you will look amazing.[/quote]
Pretty much this^ and for god sake work on your back.

damm…that’s impressive…gee…hmmm…i think i might need to revise a bit higher.

Bench press: 110kg
Squat: 140kg
Dead lift: 170kg

so are normal people with a life outside of B.B. aloud to post here? I lift to keep lean…am i aloud here? Frankly, I have more important things to spend my time on.

Compared to the non-lifting community, you have a physique that I’m sure loads of people would want. But that’s not what T Nation is. You’ve got guys on this site that are competing in high level bodybuilding competitions, and putting up 1500+ totals in powerlifting. What do you expect to hear?

[quote]markcrisp wrote:
so are normal people with a life outside of B.B. aloud to post here? I lift to keep lean…am i aloud here? Frankly, I have more important things to spend my time on.

[/quote]

Seriously? You think you’re the only person with a life? Dude, I’ve got a 4 month old son, I’m the vice president of a sheet metal fabrication company, I volunteer with an organic co-op every other week, and a non-profit that helps adults with cognitive disabilities, and I still lift about 4 times a week. Get real man. This site is for people who are trying to be something other than normal. So maybe it’s not for you.

I wish you luck in achieving your goals. The rest of us are working towards ours.

This flip collar guy sure does have a lot to say for someone who doesn’t have that great a physique himself. You look good dude. Keep up the hard work.

[quote]slickp14 wrote:
This flip collar guy sure does have a lot to say for someone who doesn’t have that great a physique himself. You look good dude. Keep up the hard work.[/quote]

great first post. hope you stick around.