T Nation

Any Better Than Average?

Hi everyone,

I am in a constant battle with myself, brain is telling me my physique is no more than average.

Any opinions/advice will be appreciated.

you’re obviously leaner than average, but overall, I would say your brain is correct. I can’t see you getting any higher than a ‘3’ on here, so that would place you below average by TNation standards.

Would you like to post your stats? (height, weight, lifts?). Pictures can be deceptive, but the iron doesn’t lie.

Just a few extra pics bicep and abs shot

Bicep

Abs

Biceps looking like you implanted a baseball on it. By the arm pic alone I’d assume you were hyooge.

Abs on a skinny kid are like tits on a fat chick…

You also didn’t post any leg shots. I have to assume they are very, very small.

I’m sorry but that I can’t agree with, I was never a “skinny kid” and put my abs down to hard work and diet, without those to I would definitely not have abs. I would also say my legs are in proportion with the rest of me and I train each muscle group evenly. I will put leg shot up soon but at the moment I’m deployed in the Falkland Islands (RAF) so don’t have too much time/privacy to take pics.

My stats are currently:
5"9
68-70kg (went from 78kg to 68kg from last December to get lean hit 6-7% bodyfat just before I deployed in july) not sure on current bf though.
Bench press: 110kg
Squat: 140kg
Dead lift: 170kg

I know these numbers aren’t that impressive I’m not naive but bear in mind my current weight I don’t think they are too bad.

I honestly couldn’t care less if you agree with that. Whether or not you used to be a skinny kid has no bearing on what you are now, which is a skinny kid.

I’ll go back to what I said initially. Your level of leanness is above average. Your muscularity, based on the standards on this site, is below average. Those 2 things are really not up for debate. With one aspect being above average, and the other being below average, that puts you at a total of: average. You said yourself at the beginning of this thread that you don’t necessarily believe you’re any better than average.

Compared to the non-lifting community, you have a physique that I’m sure loads of people would want. But that’s not what T Nation is. You’ve got guys on this site that are competing in high level bodybuilding competitions, and putting up 1500+ totals in powerlifting. What do you expect to hear?

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
you’re obviously leaner than average, but overall, I would say your brain is correct. I can’t see you getting any higher than a ‘3’ on here, so that would place you below average by TNation standards.

Would you like to post your stats? (height, weight, lifts?). Pictures can be deceptive, but the iron doesn’t lie.[/quote]

lol

TNation standards are NOT your average joe standards.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Abs on a skinny kid are like tits on a fat chick…

You also didn’t post any leg shots. I have to assume they are very, very small.
[/quote]

lol

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
I honestly couldn’t care less if you agree with that. Whether or not you used to be a skinny kid has no bearing on what you are now, which is a skinny kid.

I’ll go back to what I said initially. Your level of leanness is above average. Your muscularity, based on the standards on this site, is below average. Those 2 things are really not up for debate. With one aspect being above average, and the other being below average, that puts you at a total of: average. You said yourself at the beginning of this thread that you don’t necessarily believe you’re any better than average.

Compared to the non-lifting community, you have a physique that I’m sure loads of people would want. But that’s not what T Nation is. You’ve got guys on this site that are competing in high level bodybuilding competitions, and putting up 1500+ totals in powerlifting. What do you expect to hear?

[/quote]

flip has it correct. You wanted an opinion and you got one.

You are much leaner and much more muscular than the average guy

BUT you are relatively skinny as you weigh 70kg. Unless you are under 5ft you are relatively skinny no matter how you cut it.

TNation has quite a few impressive physiques.

Koing

I dont understand he asked for opinions and then argued them? Or did i misread this whole thread?

I didn’t mean to argue anything, don’t get me wrong I appreciate all opinions and criticism it’s just strange being called skinny as I was always the chubby guy and probably find it hard to accept that my body has changed quite a bit since the last time I was called fat or chubby.

I’m looking to put on some mass once I get back to the UK, but want to do it as clean as possible. I’m soo paranoid about body fat it drives me mad. (It’s not the body fat that drives me mad it’s how much I obsess over it that does)

You need to get over your manorexia dude you are super lean man. Unless you are on gear you will not get that impressive of a bodybuilder type physique. Athlete body fat range is 10-15 your super lean. So lean it will be hard to put on muscle. Just my opinion.

But you look way better than the average joe blow on the street. But compared to others I think you could stand to eat some more your certiantly not the chubby kid. If you can’t see that by your pics? I’m not sure skinny put on some size and you will look like a beast.

[quote]Ryancoburn wrote:
Unless you are on gear you will not get that impressive of a bodybuilder type physique. [/quote]

don’t listen to this…

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Ryancoburn wrote:
Unless you are on gear you will not get that impressive of a bodybuilder type physique. [/quote]

don’t listen to this…[/quote]

I think he is way too lean to put on appreciable muscle as a natty just my opinion. Do you feel differently?

[quote]Ryancoburn wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Ryancoburn wrote:

I think he is way too lean to put on appreciable muscle as a natty just my opinion. Do you feel differently? [/quote]

Very much so.

You have a much, much, better physique than average.

That being said: the average waist size in the UK is now a 38", the average dress size is a 16. Is being better than average all you want?

“The trouble with being like everyone else is that everyone else sucks” - Jason Ferruggia

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Ryancoburn wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Ryancoburn wrote:

I think he is way too lean to put on appreciable muscle as a natty just my opinion. Do you feel differently? [/quote]

Very much so.[/quote]

Serious… He’s lean so he can’t get bigger. Logic…?

Forget what everyone else is doing. Be the best you can be kid!

… Someone play eye of the tiger.

Your physique is probably better than the guy crtitiquing you man, and a long way above average. Still solid on here, like he said on the smaller side but then again you’ve got plenty of time, he’s 30ish. Keep working on getting your lifts up and get in a caloric surplus. Maintain it for a couple of years then cut down as you’ve already shown you can do. Some gnarly biceps and abs! Keep it up