Any Actors/Actresses on This Site?

[quote]optheta wrote:
Might be because you are cursed with Uglyness.[/quote]

The only ugliness here is your poor spelling.

Well, that and your rudeness. Are you and jasmincar friends?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
I’m not an actor but I was in two independent short films made by my buddy ( he was the director) when he was part of the Winnipeg Film Group.

The second one, Belly Button was shown in international film festivals I think. Funny to think that it played in Italy and people saw my gorgeous mug on a big screen.

Unfortunately the movie isn’t online…but I do have a videotape of it that I should convert with my buddy’s permission.

EDIT: I found the page for it on the WFG’s site…that’s me covered in black goop…It was NOT a Mistrel show!
The movie starts with Sean (me) covered in black goop, taking such a thorough shower that he realizes he has a golden screw for a belly button and then goes on a journey to discover why.

http://www.winnipegfilmgroup.com/film/show/qd8kr-jx1me-syt2j-ak87n/belly-button.aspx[/quote]

For the love of god, please find a way to upload this movie.[/quote]

The best I’ve done is upload to youtube a video of me showing my kindergarten class the movie…so you can see most of the movie but rather poorly.
I don’t want to link to it…but search youtube for ‘belly button’ and ‘nardpuncher’.

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

That was incomprehensibly entertaining.

Hey Nards, why was that little girl wearing the mask?

Most kids are made to wear them if they have a cold.

Alternate answer: She wanted to look like Optimus Prime.

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
I’m not an actor but I was in two independent short films made by my buddy ( he was the director) when he was part of the Winnipeg Film Group.

The second one, Belly Button was shown in international film festivals I think. Funny to think that it played in Italy and people saw my gorgeous mug on a big screen.

Unfortunately the movie isn’t online…but I do have a videotape of it that I should convert with my buddy’s permission.

EDIT: I found the page for it on the WFG’s site…that’s me covered in black goop…It was NOT a Mistrel show!
The movie starts with Sean (me) covered in black goop, taking such a thorough shower that he realizes he has a golden screw for a belly button and then goes on a journey to discover why.

http://www.winnipegfilmgroup.com/film/show/qd8kr-jx1me-syt2j-ak87n/belly-button.aspx[/quote]

haha thats awesome man! I Really also just realized I have no idea what people on this site do for a living in general and that could be another interesting thread… hmm…

Well I have been doing it since 2008, trained Meisner Technique under Markus Flannagan. I have been using LA Casting and Backstage Access as well as IMDB but it seems so difficult to actually book paying gigs without representation so was looking for advice from my lifting brotherhood haha [/quote]

Film a showreel: basically a kick-ass selection of monologues and send it to prospective agents. Play to your strengths and show off .
Vin Diesel’s short film Multi-Facial is both autobiographical and promotional:

- YouTube

Not an actor…but my son is- he’s an understudy for the lead of a major broadway musical…he is lined up for some movies…it is quite the interesting profession…( former NYC PD) but more power to him/ he’s talented and very self driven

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

haha thats awesome man! I Really also just realized I have no idea what people on this site do for a living in general and that could be another interesting thread… hmm…

Well I have been doing it since 2008, trained Meisner Technique under Markus Flannagan. I have been using LA Casting and Backstage Access as well as IMDB but it seems so difficult to actually book paying gigs without representation so was looking for advice from my lifting brotherhood haha [/quote]

Film a showreel: basically a kick-ass selection of monologues and send it to prospective agents. Play to your strengths and show off .

- YouTube

[/quote]

haha thats awesome! Yeah I got a lot of different material I can use just need to find someone to edit and get everything put together… I would say I could do it myself but don’t have the editing experience yet.

[quote]Dapper wrote:
Not an actor…but my son is- he’s an understudy for the lead of a major broadway musical…he is lined up for some movies…it is quite the interesting profession…( former NYC PD) but more power to him/ he’s talented and very self driven[/quote]

Very cool! My sister is doing a theater program in Pace, Definitely a different kind of work then film and t.v. More focus directly on the actor to make or break it rather then directors and much more expressive in behavior, speech, and movement, Broadway is the top of top for theater so he must be extremely talented no doubt… Also thanks for you’re service!

He dropped out of school in11th grade( has since graduated online) to do the audition gauntlet in NYC and while rough it has paid off for him…he is an understudy in a major bway musical is filming 4 major movies over the next 2 years and has voiceovers in 2 major motion animated shows…pretty cool. Kid is talented but very self driven!

You can find me on Bangbros
i did a dormroom invasion.

[quote]tonypluto wrote:
You can find me on Bangbros
i did a dormroom invasion.
[/quote]
added on 2/3/12?

A friend of mine was in a movie called Onegin as an extra in a ballroom scene.

It was shown on the plane we took to London a couple of years later and we got to see her dance by. That was so cool.

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

- YouTube

[/quote]

haha thats awesome! Yeah I got a lot of different material I can use just need to find someone to edit and get everything put together… I would say I could do it myself but don’t have the editing experience yet.
[/quote]

I’ve seen plenty of monologues by actors (admittedley of varying ability) uploaded to Youtube. It’s a good marketing tool. Many top actors now shoot screen tests on camera phones; Beneditch Cumberbatch filmed his audition for Star Trek 2 in his kitchen on an iPhone; Jennifer Lawrence shot her audition for Winter’s Bone on a vid cam and Elijah Wood went even more old school by making DIY hobbit feet and getting a buddy to film him in a field to convince Peter Jackson he could play Frodo.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

- YouTube

[/quote]

[/quote]

I’ve seen plenty of monologues by actors of (admittedley of varying ability) uploaded to Youtube. It’s a good marketing tool. Many top actors now shoot screen tests on camera phones; Beneditch Cumberbatch filmed his audition for Star Trek 2 in his kitchen on an iPhone; Jennifer Lawrence shot her audition for Winter’s Bone on a vid cam and Elijah Wood went even more old school by making DIY hobbit feet and getting a buddy to film him in a field to convince Peter Jackson he could play Frodo.[/quote]

Thats awesome! And you’re absolutely right there is no excuse… Being creative is key, otherwise it just comes across as lazy or not fully engaged… I am gonna have to get my old work re uploaded… Actually it also seems people want more direct ways of showing work now too… Like if you are showing ranges for a specific role best to put work in that matches to that persona, this meaning I am sure people make tons of reels for different projects, creating more unique and straight forward talent for whatever role they submit.

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

- YouTube

[/quote]

[/quote]

I’ve seen plenty of monologues by actors of (admittedley of varying ability) uploaded to Youtube. It’s a good marketing tool. Many top actors now shoot screen tests on camera phones; Beneditch Cumberbatch filmed his audition for Star Trek 2 in his kitchen on an iPhone; Jennifer Lawrence shot her audition for Winter’s Bone on a vid cam and Elijah Wood went even more old school by making DIY hobbit feet and getting a buddy to film him in a field to convince Peter Jackson he could play Frodo.[/quote]

Thats awesome! And you’re absolutely right there is no excuse… Being creative is key, otherwise it just comes across as lazy or not fully engaged… I am gonna have to get my old work re uploaded… Actually it also seems people want more direct ways of showing work now too… Like if you are showing ranges for a specific role best to put work in that matches to that persona, this meaning I am sure people make tons of reels for different projects, creating more unique and straight forward talent for whatever role they submit.
[/quote]

Well technology makes it unnecessary to audition in person now, unless you’re within travelling distance (which could be seen as lazy). If you want to snag an agent, you need to show them that you are looking for work without relying on them : don’t sit around for the phone to ring , get out and shamelessly brand yourself. Getting yourself noticed could be as simple as remaking a classic commercial while putting your own twist on it.