Any 100% Raw Lifters?

100% raw must be without a belt, kneewraps, straps and wriststraps?

Anything else can’t be 100% raw?

I see some people think knee wraps are raw. When something’s wrapped I don’t get how it can be raw…

This thread title causes some confusion. 100% RAW is the name of a powerlifting federation. They allow a belt but no wrist or knee wraps. OP, did you mean to ask who competes in this fed or who competes raw?

[quote]strengthstudent wrote:
This thread title causes some confusion. 100% RAW is the name of a powerlifting federation. They allow a belt but no wrist or knee wraps. OP, did you mean to ask who competes in this fed or who competes raw? [/quote]

I am glad you clarified as that as it was getting annoying to hear people think that was a type of lifting instead of an actual federation. Just as a side note, as of 2011 100% Raw does allow wrist wraps up to 60 cm, it is a new rule change.

Im competing in the April 9th 100% RAW meet in Salem Ohio. 148 class. Im doing deadlift only. Aiming for 335 on my 3rd attempt

[quote]Tim Henriques wrote:

This thread title causes some confusion. 100% RAW is the name of a powerlifting federation. They allow a belt but no wrist or knee wraps. OP, did you mean to ask who competes in this fed or who competes raw? [/quote]

I am glad you clarified as that as it was getting annoying to hear people think that was a type of lifting instead of an actual federation. Just as a side note, as of 2011 100% Raw does allow wrist wraps up to 60 cm, it is a new rule change.[/quote]
Good call on your sidenote, recently learned that about a month from my first meet

Not to derail the thread, but why is the “raw” in “100% RAW” fed in all caps? Serious question

Have never competed in a sanctioned meet, have no time so all of my maxes are gym lifts. Hopefully I’ll hit a comp. in the summer. Have some videos scattered on this site

BW: 144
Squat: 375 x 1
Deadlift: 475x1, 500 Hitched like a mofo (all sumo)
Bench: 305 touch and go

I only use chalk and a belt when I deadlift and squat

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

I am glad you clarified as that as it was getting annoying to hear people think that was a type of lifting instead of an actual federation. Just as a side note, as of 2011 100% Raw does allow wrist wraps up to 60 cm, it is a new rule change.[/quote]
Good call on your sidenote, recently learned that about a month from my first meet

Not to derail the thread, but why is the “raw” in “100% RAW” fed in all caps? Serious question[/quote]

I am not exactly sure, but I believe originally RAW was founded as more of a religious powerlifting federation with RAW standing for Redeemed Among the World. As the federation got more popular the name kind of stuck since it also represented the fact that gear was not allowed. Once Paul Bossi took over the fed, maybe 10 years ago (rough estimate) it has just been a regular powerlifting federation, I have not found it to be any more religious than any other fed I have lifted in.

Weight class: 198

Estimated lifts as of now (did a comp before but it was in the power sports division, not full powerlifting
Squat: 370 (best is 385)
Deadlift: 430 (best is 420)
Bench: 265 (best is 255)

I’ll be doing a non-sanctioned bench meet this Thursday. I won’t be pushing it too hard though, because I have a full meet coming up fairly soon and am basically going to use it as a workout.

[quote]On92lifter wrote:

[quote]majik wrote:
I compete in the 100% raw fed. Good people. as for my age and lifts, you can check their site. I did the toronto open last month.[/quote]

lol if i were to look you up, i would probably need you name?[/quote]

if you looked up the meet you’d probably be able to figure out who I am (hint: username is my last name) as for not posting my numbers, I don’t care too. I said I compete in the fed. I’m not joining in your online pissing contest. If you are curious you can look, if not that’s cool too.

^then why enter the thread?

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

Not to derail the thread, but why is the “raw” in “100% RAW” fed in all caps? Serious question[/quote]

I am not exactly sure, but I believe originally RAW was founded as more of a religious powerlifting federation with RAW standing for Redeemed Among the World. As the federation got more popular the name kind of stuck since it also represented the fact that gear was not allowed. Once Paul Bossi took over the fed, maybe 10 years ago (rough estimate) it has just been a regular powerlifting federation, I have not found it to be any more religious than any other fed I have lifted in.[/quote]
Wow, thanks for an honest response! Never knew any of that, as the best explanation I have ever found online was the typical “It’s RAW because it makes it more badass, RRAAAAWWW” type shit.

Thanks

/hijack

I’m competing in my first meet, 100% Raw federation, on the 27th.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:

[quote]FarmerBrett wrote:

[quote]Power Tower wrote:

[quote]ED3180 wrote:
I’m competing 100% raw this summer in Alberta, Canada
Best Raw lifts are
Squat - 530
Bench - 350
Deadlift - 660
Bw - 181[/quote]

nice lifts[/quote]

That’s a hell of an understatement. That total has got to be beyond Elite surely?[/quote]

It is. 1396 is elite total for 181.
[/quote]

Were are those totals for classification? In the USPF in the 80s 181 elite was 1642 or 1641. Remember The gear back then was almost zero in help. Maybe fifty on the squat and Inzer blast shirts.

[quote]ED3180 wrote:
Best Raw lifts are
Squat - 530
Bench - 350
Deadlift - 660
Bw - 181[/quote]

That squat and deadlift is incredible for 181. How old are you?

What I’ve hit recently:
Olympic Squat: 415lbs ; 405 for 3
Deadlift: 525lbs for 3 (WITH STRAPS); 525 for a single (LAST YEAR; CHALK AND BELT ONLY)
Bench: fubar: rotator cuff pain. My max bench more than a year ago touch and go was 255. I haven’t barbell benched at all the past 4 months
BW: 183

Tim, you’re a beast as well. That 700 deadlift is badass!

Raw = without straps rockman. If you can’t grip it without, you can’t lift it.

True story liquid. I’ll test my max without straps in 10 days. But yes I have done 525 a year ago with just a belt and some chalk…so 525 for a single it is. Hell of a good morning you got there btw.

[quote]tom63 wrote:

[quote]ED3180 wrote:
Best Raw lifts are
Squat - 530
Bench - 350
Deadlift - 660
Bw - 181[/quote]

nice lifts[/quote]

That’s a hell of an understatement. That total has got to be beyond Elite surely?[/quote]

[/quote]

Were are those totals for classification? In the USPF in the 80s 181 elite was 1642 or 1641. Remember The gear back then was almost zero in help. Maybe fifty on the squat and Inzer blast shirts.[/quote]

Those old standards didn’t separate out between drug free or not. Here are the currently accepted drug free standards:

http://www.rawpowerlifting.com/
then go to athletes and then class standards. They may be getting slightly updated in the future.

[quote]RockmanX88 wrote:

Tim, you’re a beast as well. That 700 deadlift is badass![/quote]

Thank you, although for clarification purposes my deadlift was in a suit. Now I just got to do it raw :wink:

[quote]tom63 wrote:

[quote]ED3180 wrote:
Best Raw lifts are
Squat - 530
Bench - 350
Deadlift - 660
Bw - 181[/quote]

nice lifts[/quote]

[/quote]

Were are those totals for classification? In the USPF in the 80s 181 elite was 1642 or 1641. Remember The gear back then was almost zero in help. Maybe fifty on the squat and Inzer blast shirts.[/quote]

These are “raw” elite totals. Without gear. There are separate standards for single and multi ply.

Oh, they’re federation standards. I just can’t wrap my mind around class one totals being called elite. In the 80s when the adfpa, now usapl was using classification standards we used tfe standard uspf totals. National qualifying totals were around master/elite totals, depending on division. Masters and teenager were lower. Jr national and men’s national were master/elite level.

Yes we used gear. But you’re talking 50 lbs or so squat , no bench shirts until mid late 80s and then it was ten pounds on the inzer blast . No deadlift suits at first either . It wasn’t enough to give you a class jump in assistance .

Example . 148 had master at 1279. Class one was around 1120-1130. Elite was around 1380. I’m sure about the master total , others are estimates . These were also drug tested .

I’m not trying to be difficult. I’m just trying to give some historical perspective. To understand strength you need to be a student of it’s history .

Technically it’s a nothing total, as it was in the gym. I haven’t competed in a raw meet YET. Thank you for the kind words though