Anxiety on Higher Dose of Testosterone

It’s a general question, prepping for a powerlifting event so bumped my T up to 3ml a week (600mg) injecting 1.5ml 2x a week, TT 1100 e2 at 28 (taking 3mg anastrozole a week)only planning to run higher dose for 6 weeks before competition. Before this increase dose my TRT protocol was 1.5ml a week of T and 2mg anastrozole which holds my TT at 595-650 and e2 28-30,
Question: has anybody noticed more anxiety or mild panic feelings when increasing T intake? I don’t consider 600mg of T a week a crazy dose but there might be other processes going on to cause anxiety.

[quote]jimp4155 wrote:
It’s a general question, prepping for a powerlifting event so bumped my T up to 3ml a week (600mg) injecting 1.5ml 2x a week, TT 1100 e2 at 28 (taking 3mg anastrozole a week)only planning to run higher dose for 6 weeks before competition. Before this increase dose my TRT protocol was 1.5ml a week of T and 2mg anastrozole which holds my TT at 595-650 and e2 28-30,
Question: has anybody noticed more anxiety or mild panic feelings when increasing T intake? I don’t consider 600mg of T a week a crazy dose but there might be other processes going on to cause anxiety.[/quote]

When my T went up to 1500 ng/dl on a MEDICINAL dose of Androgel, I did not have anxiety, but my temperament was all over the place!

600 mg is six times the medicinal dose for many, so it is actually a bit crazy (your term), so I am not surprised at all that you had an emotional problem.

I am surprised you need 300 mg to have mid-normal total T values. Did you ever consider 100 mg with no AI to see if the same result can be achieved with less drugs?

Your doc prescribes 300 mg per week?

I have zero experience myself with this, however from what i heard it’s very possible for things like that to come out when on a higher dosage of testosterone. Have you had any anxiety issues in the past?

Anastrozole is a competitive AI. It needs to balance your serum T levels [bio-available]. I expect that your E2 went high and contributed to your problem. When you double T dose, you will need to double anastrozole to maintain the current E2 levels.

Have you read the advice for new guys sticky?

On TRT if you had wanted to get near E2=22pg/ml; anastrozole dose of 2mg/week * [28-30]/22 = [2.54 - 2.73] mg/week. Note that the ‘rule of thumb’ is 1mg anastrozole per week for each 100mg T per week [for normal anastrozole responders]. So that makes some sense. Based on that, for 600mg your anastrozole dose may need to be around 5mg/week.

While E2 may explain what happened, we do have TRT guys who simply are not able to feel balanced with high T levels.

You appear to be a testosterone hyper-metabolizer: 300mg per week and TT=~600
Based on that, you would appear to need 4 times the T to get to TT that others get with 100mg/week.
We have seen guys needing 3x the amount, 4x note seen by me before.
Because you burn through T so fast, I suspect that your T levels might be changing a lot. Suggest that you try injecting EOD and dose AI at time of injection. - see if you feel better.

Ksman, you confirmed my ideas, I considered the EOD approach and planning on heading to my lab today to check current TT,FT E2 levels. The “Testosterone hyper metabolizer” concern has been established over the last year++ on TRT. we started with a conservative 100mg per week dose injected 1x a week Resulted in a TT of 300.

Increased to a 200mg a week divided into 2 injections brought TT into 400’s 3 days after dose. this is when E2 shot up to the high 80’s, felt like shit, started dosing with anastrozole at that point, we took 6 months testing every 6 weeks, adjusting A-dex dose, as suggested above to get E2 into 20’s
Went to 300mg a week divided in 2 injections, for the TT 5-600 range, kept E2 in check

Now this jump has been huge and very possibly not worth it…
I had moderate anxiety before TRT
But that was non existent at 200-300 mg T and E2 balanced
I suspect E2 is up as well
Plus Hemoglobin went to 19.2, Hematocrit went to 57,7… Donated blood for quick fix but again, My body might be saying 600mg is “Crazy” for me

After blood work I might lower dose of T to(100-150mg week) and lower A-dex depending on what labs reveal. might give good results in gym and eliminate
anxiety.

Also these values mentioned above are basic I have always done complete labs including FT, CBC, thyroid etc just too much typing to include all that for basic question. Thanks for replys this site has beeb the best gathering of info I’ve found in years and has undoabley save many people including myself from serious problems

TT =1500 no range given
E2=48.8 range 1-47
LY 16.2 20.5-51.1
Gran 79.5 42.2-75.2
MCH 32.5 27.0-31.0
The E2 issue could be the anxiety issue, also TT is crazy high, I estimated TT would be around 1200 with my T dose increase, but I guess blood work is the only way to tell.
Also could be fighting a little infection? judging by blood work

Do not know “LY” lab

FT is really what we are trying to achieve and with E49, SHBG could be high and exaggerating TT.

Your biggest concerns are managing hematocrit and E2.

I don’t see immune markers in labs re infection

High hematocrit can limit oxygen delivery to the brain and …

LY is lymphocytes,
Hematocrit is now 48
Hem. 16